HTC Hero SMS Timestamp Issue

Guest Farfooz

Hi all,

Im having a problem. Whenever i recieve a text message and the screen is locked the text displays as always 11 minutes before the current time. For example lets say i send a text at 7:05. The person replies a minute later and it says 6:55. The thread then becomes all messed up. Have had this issue since the original rom and have done many wipes since. Currently i am running the 2.2e MoDaCo Rom and was wondering if there is a fix for this issue because it is starting to become very annoying scouting for replies in the threaded sms. Please someone help

Guest PatternInChaos

Hi,

I don't know if it'll help but you could try to change a setting in "date&time". I don't know if it's your first item, too, but for me it says "automatic", means it gets the time from the network. 

I believe everytime it gets a message there's a timestamp on it itself, and the phone adopts it. Like e.g. my friend travelled to scotland and when he got a message the clock adjusted automatically so he didn't have to change the timezone by hand.

Maybe the timestamps of the messages you receive are wrong somehow.

I hope this helps, it's just a guess..