i780 Problem with Wi-Fi N Protocol

Guest crashbash

Guest crashbash

I upgraded my router Dlink which has 802.11b/g protocol to Belkin N+ which has 802.11b/g/n.

With my old router I don't have problem with my i780 detecting and connecting to the router. But when I upgraded to Belkin, my i780 can no longer detect the Wi-Fi. I tried to turn off the n protocol of Belkin and use only b/g and my i780 is able to detect the signal and connect. When I switch on again the Belkin n protocol, my i780 jus failed to detect the signal, it just simply display unavailable from the Wi-Fi settings.

Looks like the i780 is confused in detecting the Wi-Fi signal with an n protocol enabled. All my other Wi-Fi devices works just fine.

Anyone encountered this problem before? How to fix this?

Guest mobilepalm
I upgraded my router Dlink which has 802.11b/g protocol to Belkin N+ which has 802.11b/g/n.

With my old router I don't have problem with my i780 detecting and connecting to the router. But when I upgraded to Belkin, my i780 can no longer detect the Wi-Fi. I tried to turn off the n protocol of Belkin and use only b/g and my i780 is able to detect the signal and connect. When I switch on again the Belkin n protocol, my i780 jus failed to detect the signal, it just simply display unavailable from the Wi-Fi settings.

Looks like the i780 is confused in detecting the Wi-Fi signal with an n protocol enabled. All my other Wi-Fi devices works just fine.

Anyone encountered this problem before? How to fix this?

WiFi Radio on the i780 is only for B/G and not N. It's a hardware issue and not software.

mobilepalm