WM6.5 Stock Rom Link (Almost Ready)

Guest Medved77

Guest Medved77

Found this link on the German users TG01 forum.

Toshiba Upgrade

Toshiba page asks you to select your language (English, French, German), then select the OS you want to upgrade to, then asks for your IMEI. Once accepted takes you to a page saying download currently unavailable (404 Error). - We're getting closer though.

However, install instructions released by Toshiba are online:

• Insert the microSD card into your phone and switch the device on
    • From the Start Menu, go to Programmes, File Explorer, click on the My Documents drop down arrow and click on �Storage Card�.
      • Click on the file 'TG01_SDDL.exe' to run the software update application. You will see a confirmation screen, click 'Download' to continue.

• The upgrade will take 5-10 minutes, do NOT attempt to use the phone or remove the battery during the upgrade!!

[*]Once the upgrade is finished the device will show the 'Align Screen' window, follow the instructions given and then perform a master clear on your device, to do this go to; Start>Settings>System>Master Clear. (This will take a few minutes)

[*]Once the master clear is finished, the 'Align Screen' window will appear again, you can now copy your files and personal data backto the phone from where you originally saved them to.

Guest Medved77

Just tried a few other options:

If you select German language then the download starts however it's only 50.3MB. Website says download should be 180mb, considerably smaller than the Orange UK and O2 Germany roms currently leaked.

Selecting English and French languages justs gives you the 404 Error.

Guest Medved77

Sorry for all the posts, should have investigated fully then created a longer post.

German language rom is corrupt (hence the 50mb size). Have found out the install version though:

Different version number compared to the Orange release as expected.

Guest The Real Mc Coy

Seems to have confirmation from Germany that the rom had an upload problem... (see XDA topic) It should be available tomorrow...

Hope the French will be delivered the same day :) Direct link (404 error so far) : http://www.toshiba-europe.com/mobile/Image...%20software.zip

I'm in touch with Orange France technical assistance... waiting for their call-back...

Edited by The Real Mc Coy

Guest b999_wong
post-571834-1255021917_thumb.png

English /German / French ??????!!!

I don't know is it comes with SPB

but I'm sure English=UKorange rom, Deutsch=O2 rom

& O2 TG01 can't flash a UKorange rom

mine still stick in Deutsch :)

I want a 6.5 WWE rom

Guest tycho43

Outta curiousity....those of us who have already installed a mobile 6.5(orange shop preview thingy ect) and wanna try this one...what do we do as it says cant be installed on a 6.5 phone?.

Is it a case of master clearing ye olde phone(not sure if preview thingy(technical term) was added to flash and if we can downgrade back??))

Anywho my apologies for the brackets in brackets and err ..everything bad ive ever done(thought id get that outta the way lol)

Guest leeston2379
Outta curiousity....those of us who have already installed a mobile 6.5(orange shop preview thingy ect) and wanna try this one...what do we do as it says cant be installed on a 6.5 phone?.

Is it a case of master clearing ye olde phone(not sure if preview thingy(technical term) was added to flash and if we can downgrade back??))

Anywho my apologies for the brackets in brackets and err ..everything bad ive ever done(thought id get that outta the way lol)

No downgrading now mate, once you flash a rom thats it, it is then on the TG01 where 6.1 used to be.

As for all the bad things you've done, i absolve you of your sins. Now carry on in life and do only good things :) :D :P