PhatPhingers Custom Winmo Dialer V3.1

Guest SikYou

Version 3.1 Release of my modified Windows Mobile 6.5 Dialer.

This is a MODIFIED Windows Mobile Dialer so the functionality has not changed, I simply changed the button size and layout.

New to version 3.1 dialer

-Full support for I900 and I910 (winmo 6.5 only)

-Swapped the send and end buttons on the in call screen

-Moved the speaker on button on in call screen

Otherwise things have not changed much for this build

Please note..The .cab is attached below as well as a zip file with everything needed to cook in this dialer. The zip file will not install the dialer to your phone!!

Thanks and enjoy.

post-587294-1256010535_thumb.jpg

post-587294-1256689396_thumb.jpg

PhatPhingers_v3.1.cab

CookPhatPhingers3.1.zip

Edited by SikYou

Nice job. How about landscape?

I'm working on it. The problem being...if I fit the buttons to the screen they are very stretched with the current layout so I am experimenting with some different layouts. Ideally I want the dead space gone. If anyone has suggestions for the prime layout for landscape I will give it a try, otherwise I'll keep rearranging and drop a release as soon as I get something I like.

Hey Sik, You need to explain this more, it is more than just a skin, very nice work.

Well its really just a glorified skin :) I basically edited the .dll so that all of the buttons are larger to fill all of the dead space that M$ left behind. I also removed the status icons that are dead in the upper right corner and removed the contacts preview from the dial screen. It still functions just as the original M$ dialer, just a little bigger. With bigger buttons and more free space at the top of the screen it opens up a little wiggle room for skinning. I am working on some other skins and landscape as described in the post above. Full details can be found at: http://omniarom.com/forum/index.php?topic=876.0 (lots of other goodies there too!!)

v2.0

-Changed Portrait Layout

-Added Landscape

-New Skin

Landscape is really giving me a hard time! It is there and working but there is a problem with the "dialer" screen and "in call" screen overlapping a little in the upper right corner when in call. I am working on fixing this little annoyance but it is there for now. I believe this will be my final layout change! Future releases will hopefully include a bug free landscape view. Enjoy!!

**I fixed all of the bugs that I am aware of except for the screen overlap in landscape. I put smartdialer back in to fix a bug. Please download the new cab. I could not upload a zip file here but if you are cooking this and don't want to crack open the cab there is a zip with the needed files in post 4 here: http://omniarom.com/forum/index.php?topic=...msg6693#msg6693**

post-587294-1255545600_thumb.jpg

post-587294-1255545629_thumb.jpg

PhatPhingers_2.001.cab

Edited by SikYou

Guest Krazy Radd
v2.0

-Changed Portrait Layout

-Added Landscape

-New Skin

Landscape is really giving me a hard time! It is there and working but there is a problem with the "dialer" screen and "in call" screen overlapping a little in the upper right corner when in call. I am working on fixing this little annoyance but it is there for now. I believe this will be my final layout change! Future releases will hopefully include a bug free landscape view. Enjoy!!

@SikYou

Hey bro, this is really really beautiful, this design is fu#%'n hot, I like it very much. May I cook this in my rom ?

That would be cool, m8.

Just Amazing...great job Sik.

Edit:

I have also tried to build the WinMo dialer for fat fingers, but that was a sh** job 4 me, so I gave up :) . Respect 2 ya..

Edited by Krazy Radd

@SikYou

Hey bro, this is really really beautiful, this design is fu#%'n hot, I like it very much. May I cook this in my rom ?

That would be cool, m8.

Just Amazing...great job Sik.

Edit:

I have also tried to build the WinMo dialer for fat fingers, but that was a sh** job 4 me, so I gave up :) . Respect 2 ya..

Feel free to cook it in but don't forget about that little landscape glitch! Thanks for the respect, it means a lot coming from you! And I have spent TONS of time on this project so its nice that someone likes it!

Guest Krazy Radd
Feel free to cook it in but don't forget about that little landscape glitch! Thanks for the respect, it means a lot coming from you! And I have spent TONS of time on this project so its nice that someone likes it!

Thanx Sik u rock...

Hey I know that, man...I know that...When I got time, I will check Landscape, maybe I can do something....I will PM you then. :)

Maybe new Skin ??? Naw dawg ur Skin is SICK...luv it.

Edit: I gave you 5 stars, keep up the good work...I want to see more :( .

Edited by Krazy Radd

Guest blazingwolf
v2.0

-Changed Portrait Layout

-Added Landscape

-New Skin

Very, very nice. Thanks for the work put in to this. :)

Guest lioryte
Here you go trouble maker. :)

+1 Appriciated.

C-O-M-E SPREDING THE N-E-W-S, LALALALALA...

Edit:

@SikYou, can I add this to my ROM

Edited by lioryte

i installed the cab and now dialer wont run?

any ideas y?

im using wozzers rom

The only thing I can think of is that you have another dialer enabled in the registry. This app should install flawlessly in theory because there is nothing but an edited MS .mui file and some new images, the cab is simply replacing files that you already have on your device.

@SikYou, can I add this to my ROM

Sure! You guys feel free to cook this in just give me credit for my hard work :) I have an update coming down in a few days, I think I fixed landscape :( !!

Here you go trouble maker.

Thanks BW!! I could not upload my .7z so the link was the next best thing.

Thanks for checking out my work folks!! I hope to have it perfected over the next few days!

Edited by SikYou

After build, I get issues with phone settings. On notification screen I get all blanks

I just noticed this as well! Thanks for letting me know lioryte! I'm not sure where the association is with this issue but I will check it out. It seems to be only build 23071 so I'm guessing that MS maybe changed something in the .dll. I get a fix posted as soon as possible!!

Guest NeoandGeo

I can't see my dialer anymore either after installing this. Any way to check to see if there are leftover files from another dialer? I uninstalled the old dialer I was using.

Guest lioryte
I just noticed this as well! Thanks for letting me know lioryte! I'm not sure where the association is with this issue but I will check it out. It seems to be only build 23071 so I'm guessing that MS maybe changed something in the .dll. I get a fix posted as soon as possible!!

NP We are here to test and help. I'll keep it in case it works in future builds or you fix it :)

Really like the v3 skin, however I read that there were issues with the i900. I have one and will be willing to help if you need any.

Did you try the v3.0 cab? It appears to work on some I900 devices depending on where in the world the device was purchased, weird I know. Anyway, if the current one doesn't work for you I can put together a test cab with the fix for the devices that are not working with this dialer. If you do not have a soft end button on your current winmo dialer then the current release will probably not work.