Brightness stops responding...

Guest Pepeto

hello!

Just another issue...

I've configured the b7610 for use the auto-brightness option... It's great, because the screen looks VERY good under sunlight, but I dont know the reason, suddlently it does not work... then, it uses always the same brightnes and it does not change even if I go to the settings menu under touchwiz- display and light-brightness.... once there I disable auto-adjustment, then move the slider..... but nothing happens, it continues using the same brightness....

I've tried opening windows\lcdtest.exe application, and it seems to detect fine the current lux..

Has anybody noticed this issue?, and any possible solution?

Maybe the application that controls the brightness crashes?, anybody knows which is that application?

Thanks!

Guest da_mafkeez
hello!

Just another issue...

I've configured the b7610 for use the auto-brightness option... It's great, because the screen looks VERY good under sunlight, but I dont know the reason, suddlently it does not work... then, it uses always the same brightnes and it does not change even if I go to the settings menu under touchwiz- display and light-brightness.... once there I disable auto-adjustment, then move the slider..... but nothing happens, it continues using the same brightness....

I've tried opening windows\lcdtest.exe application, and it seems to detect fine the current lux..

Has anybody noticed this issue?, and any possible solution?

Maybe the application that controls the brightness crashes?, anybody knows which is that application?

Thanks!

yep same experience, but its not very often. once i open the lcd test and select the brightness test its working again :)

yep same experience, but its not very often. once i open the lcd test and select the brightness test its working again :)

Are you refering to "light sensor" test?, I've tried it, it works fine, and it detects the current lux, but once you have closed it... The screen brightness is the same...

Guest da_mafkeez
Are you refering to "light sensor" test?, I've tried it, it works fine, and it detects the current lux, but once you have closed it... The screen brightness is the same...

strange, i have not the same experience. once i have chosen the option for light sensor test, the backlight-auto-adjustment is working fine again.

again, this is not very often. 3 or 4 times per month.

Edited by da_mafkeez

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same problem, i can't change my brightness!

And my screen is hard to read outdoors.

I hope there will be a solution soon..

I did a hard-reset.... it seems to work now, but I hope there will be a solution for this really annoying problem!