Requesting Mentorship

Guest KaozLabs

Guest WoZZeR999

I delete out the packages from Samsung, but it's good practice to seperate everything out and see how the OEM folder works.

Try running enable XPR then Enable LZX, and see if that fixes the problem.

Guest KaozLabs
I delete out the packages from Samsung, but it's good practice to seperate everything out and see how the OEM folder works.

Try running enable XPR then Enable LZX, and see if that fixes the problem.

i still cant see any initflashblahblahcantrememberthename file to find dependencies...i wanna remove anything not needed by the things I delete

Guest KaozLabs
<---- still confused... :)

Chris, I am using Windows 7 and it does great. I am pretty sure I have my kitchen put together the correct way due to the fact I can get it to create a rom. however after loading the rom it gets stuck booting even though I havent begun to change anything in the OEM folder. so I dunno what kind of tard I am yet.

Guest utdsoccer18

i ran into the same problem. i think some oem's from cf03 need to be removed. not too sure. i think i got it to boot when i enabled xpr instead of lzx. im still working on seperating and cleaning out the cf03 oem's.

Guest utdsoccer18

you might also want to check out wozzer's kitchen thread in both the i900 and i910 forums. im pretty sure there was a discussion of this in one or both of them

Guest blazingwolf
i still cant see any initflashblahblahcantrememberthename file to find dependencies...i wanna remove anything not needed by the things I delete

Initflashfiles.dat is in the OEM_Lang_0409 folder. You can open it with a text editor. :)

Guest KaozLabs
k ill be on about 9ish

sounds good. I will be going through some of these files and whatnot in the meantime. also gonna look up Nukes post about menu items if i can find it

Guest utdsoccer18

4 questions:

1. Other than the OEMApps folder what else from CF03's OEM packages need to be seperated\cleaned up

2. There is no reference to the samsung dailer or keyboard in initflashfiles.dat.... does this mean those files just go into the windows directory, and how do i know what files are associated with the dialer and keyboard? Will the rgu files tell me? (im still not exactly sure what the dsm files represent)

3. What from the CF03 OEM should I not take out in order to keep the rom from being a dud?

4. Im guessing I would need to mess with the SYS folder from the build to take out the windows start screen (ie screen calibration on first boot)... is this right and where would i look to find this?

Guest dmcnado

@utdsoccer18

You have to clean up your SYS also, not just OEMApps. I believe the windows start screen is controlled by the initflashfiles.dat (you cam rem it out by putting a semicolon ; at the front of the appropriate line).

Edited by dmcnado

Guest blazingwolf
add another miserable fail to my attempts...that makes 3 haha

It can take awhile sometimes. Then you get the first one and it suddenly seems simple. :)

Where does it die at?

Guest KaozLabs
It can take awhile sometimes. Then you get the first one and it suddenly seems simple. :)

Where does it die at?

as soon as i flash the rom..it brings up the sammy screen (which is weird cus i made custom gifs for starup and shutdown) then i flickers 1 time like it is loading and hangs

i have rebuilt the kitchen and just copied in the stock OEM now and im gonna try without making any mods at all

im on messenger if u wanna [email protected]

Guest blazingwolf
as soon as i flash the rom..it brings up the sammy screen (which is weird cus i made custom gifs for starup and shutdown) then i flickers 1 time like it is loading and hangs

i have rebuilt the kitchen and just copied in the stock OEM now and im gonna try without making any mods at all

im on messenger if u wanna [email protected]

Hmm, sounds like your XIP might be having issues. Where did you get it from?

Guest blazingwolf
it is the wozzers 1.02a kitchen that creates its own xip according to the posts.

Yes but it needs to have a MSXIPKernel from the same SYS. Did you get that from WoZZer also?