Data charges!

Guest dunbad

Hi,

just to let you know, If you contact orange uk and ask what your data usage is currently running at for that month, there is a chance that the customer services advisor will tell you your usage is roughly 5 meg (regardless of how much you've ACTUALLY used!!). I know I've posted on this before but this is now the second time I've managed to boost my usage allowance through oranges incompetence! Here's how it works.

As it nears the end of the month you call them and ask how much data you've used for the month. If they tell you, youve used 5 meg(roughly give or take 1 or 2 meg) you then cane the remaining week. Then you call them again and ask what data usage you've used. If they tell you 5 meg again, you tell them there must be a mistake, insist they investigate and claim you don't know how to check online. Then eventually they or a supervisor will inform you, you used 500 meg over your limit!!! You then tell them that you called only the previous week and was told that you had only used 5 meg, and that there must be a mistake. They then look into it and say sorry you were miss informed and refund you fully for the excess you've used in the following months bill! Ive done this twice now, and here's WHY it works.

When you ask your data usage, the operator has two systems that he can then look at. One system is obsolete, and will always say roughly 4 to 7 meg. It's a system which is accessed very quickly, and can be accessed by anyone. Then there's the proper system which takes some time to load! And not everyone is trained in it's use anyway. Some operators have never even heard of it!!! Furthermore, orange aren't too fussed about this because hardly anyone goes over there fair use limit!!!!!

If you find yourself close to your limit, with a week to go before you get your new allocation please give this a try. It's not garaunteed because you may speak to someone who knows what they should be doing from the word go. But its worth the punt and has worked for me twice!

It's a good way of getting orange to up there fair use policy to the same as other operators!! Oh did I mention I got orange to up my data package to 1gig a month every month due to a seperate piece of incompetance!!! It doesn't take many phone calls to orange before you speak to some bafoon who will mess up and offer you something they shouldn't, or tell you wrong information, which they then have to honor, trust me!!!!

Guest Neil5459
It's a good way of getting orange to up there fair use policy to the same as other operators!!

O2 and Vodafone also have a FUP of 500MB (though you'd be hard pressed to find this out!). Only 3 and T-Mobile offer more as standard.