5 replies to this topic

Chad Petree

Chad Petree

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Devices:Motorola milestone
What do u guys refer to when u say u cant root an android device, unless u hack it :D

Edited by Chad Petree, 30 October 2009 - 06:31 PM.

Chad Petree

Chad Petree

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

What do u guys refer to when u say u cant root an android device, unless u hack it :D

anyone :P

TheCodeMonk

TheCodeMonk

da nub nub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

anyone :)

To the best of my knowledge (granted, I've only been doing research about a month now so I'm still fairly new to the android community), gaining root access to our phones has only been possible through using a exploit on the kernel...thus "hacking" to gain access to the device (Unless it's a developer phone I think)

thetwiztidfreak

thetwiztidfreak

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 1910

To the best of my knowledge (granted, I've only been doing research about a month now so I'm still fairly new to the android community), gaining root access to our phones has only been possible through using a exploit on the kernel...thus "hacking" to gain access to the device (Unless it's a developer phone I think)

I have also read that the only way to get apps installed to your SD card is by having root access. But only been reading for about a week in preparation for getting my Motorola droid last week

TheCodeMonk

TheCodeMonk

da nub nub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I have also read that the only way to get apps installed to your SD card is by having root access. But only been reading for about a week in preparation for getting my Motorola droid last week

This is true...Apps2SD needs root access to perform some of the actions it does. :)

Chad Petree

Chad Petree

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
i still dont get it, the folders on the device cant be accesed like a regular usb drive? thats what u mean by root? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users