Rooting?

Guest Chad Petree

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheCodeMonk
anyone :)

To the best of my knowledge (granted, I've only been doing research about a month now so I'm still fairly new to the android community), gaining root access to our phones has only been possible through using a exploit on the kernel...thus "hacking" to gain access to the device (Unless it's a developer phone I think)

Guest thetwiztidfreak
To the best of my knowledge (granted, I've only been doing research about a month now so I'm still fairly new to the android community), gaining root access to our phones has only been possible through using a exploit on the kernel...thus "hacking" to gain access to the device (Unless it's a developer phone I think)

I have also read that the only way to get apps installed to your SD card is by having root access. But only been reading for about a week in preparation for getting my Motorola droid last week

Guest TheCodeMonk
I have also read that the only way to get apps installed to your SD card is by having root access. But only been reading for about a week in preparation for getting my Motorola droid last week

This is true...Apps2SD needs root access to perform some of the actions it does. :)