• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

xspyda

xspyda

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
Ok, let me start by saying that I have been away from Winmo for some time now, in the world of Symbian. Having used several Nokia devices I am considering the upcoming N900 as my next phone. However, not being convinced that this is going to meet my requirements I am also looking at other options.

Recently I have trialled an SE X1 and a HTC Diamond 2. I have to say that after several years away from Winmo these didn't really urge me to ditch Nokia and return to Winmo immediately. Perhaps this was due to the fact I was using both handsets out of the box?

Anyway, to the point...

I like the HTC Touch Pro 2 but not the standard HTC variant, it's just too shiny and I don't like shiny if I can avoid it. The Tmobole variant (Vario V?) looks a whole lot nicer but they seem thin on the ground. So, can anyone tell me what happened to the Tmob Vario V? I don't see it on their website and there seems to be a short supply of them through the usual channels.

Any comments anyone might add for a user currently with Nokia (Symbian although soon to be Maemo) who is considering a return to Winmo would be welcomed.

I have to say that the one BIG letdown for me of HTC is the camera quality. I know the Leo is set to release with a 5MP camera but after being used to Carl Zeiss optics (which makes a huge difference) the camera quality could be a major deciding factor for me.

DJ_Enigma

DJ_Enigma

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Devices:XDA Mini S

can anyone tell me what happened to the Tmob Vario V? I don't see it on their website and there seems to be a short supply of them through the usual channels.

It failed their testing so they aren't doing it in the UK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users