Google Maps crash when searching

Guest mox2001

Guest mox2001

Whenever I try to search on Google Maps the application crashes.

Process com.google.android.apps.maps has stopped unexpectedly

I have MDC 2.8 but the problem existed on 2.7 as well.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest mattartist

I've got this same problem on MCR 2.8 and MCR 2.9. But before uninstalling Maps thought I'd check it was in Market. It's not for me. I can't find it running either MCR 2.8 or MCR 2.9

Same process ending for Wifi Tether.

Will continue searching for a remedy, perhaps some sort of 'see all apps' approach, but if anyone knows anything would appreciate the tips!

Thanks in advance...

Guest mattartist
I've got this same problem on MCR 2.8 and MCR 2.9. But before uninstalling Maps thought I'd check it was in Market. It's not for me. I can't find it running either MCR 2.8 or MCR 2.9

Same process ending for Wifi Tether.

Will continue searching for a remedy, perhaps some sort of 'see all apps' approach, but if anyone knows anything would appreciate the tips!

Thanks in advance...

:D Managed to solve this by uninstalling Google Maps, then reflashing MCR 2.9. Google Maps is working again in all its glory (except Voice Search has 'Connection Problems').

Will do the same with Wireless Tether...

The only thing that's always made me wonder about gmaps, why is it they assume, out of everything the world has in it, that people are probably going to watch to search for pizza?

Guest stevenz

I had the same problem, but I just backed it up with AppManager, uninstalled it and then restored it and now search works. Just as well as the app isn't in the Market for me.

Guest Dan Mullen
I've just noticed that I've got the same problem with Google Maps. I can't reinstall as it doesn't appear in the Market. I'm on MCR 2.9.

Right, I can confirm that the issue is fixed by backing up the app, uninstalling and reinstalling. I used ASTRO.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dan Mullen
I have the same problem...

I think there may be legal issues with posting the Google Maps .apk file as it's proprietary software. However, you should be able to find it by downloading Paul's ROM and unzipping it, (I think)!

Guest Dan Mullen
Yeah Dan is right inzip any of the modaco roms put in on your sd card and install.

You'll also need to ensure you have the option ticked that allows you to install apps that aren't from the Market.