Interface designer available

Guest Mike Beecham

Guest Mike Beecham

Hi there,

I'm getting more than a little frustrated of the iphone having all the nice-looking apps out there, when I know that Android is MORE than capable of delivering great-looks apps for it's own platform.

To that end, (and because it's in line with what I do!!) I'm making myself available for anyone who creates apps to help collaboratively design the interface for it. I am available to chat about whatever you're working on, and whether or not I can help make it a reality.

Just so you know, I'm not a games designer but an interface designer. I'm currently designing the interface for a podcast / rss reader application which is looking very nice indeed.

So, if I can help, then pop me a private message with some contact details on and I'll get in touch. If you're interested in looking at some of my past digital work, then please head over to the following:

Digital Artwork - http://mikebeecham.deviantart.com/gallery

Plexapp.com - The default interface for Plex is MediaStream (ported from the XBMC Media Center skin...also my creation)

Thanks

Mike

• 2 months later...
Hi there,

I'm getting more than a little frustrated of the iphone having all the nice-looking apps out there, when I know that Android is MORE than capable of delivering great-looks apps for it's own platform.

To that end, (and because it's in line with what I do!!) I'm making myself available for anyone who creates apps to help collaboratively design the interface for it. I am available to chat about whatever you're working on, and whether or not I can help make it a reality.

Just so you know, I'm not a games designer but an interface designer. I'm currently designing the interface for a podcast / rss reader application which is looking very nice indeed.

So, if I can help, then pop me a private message with some contact details on and I'll get in touch. If you're interested in looking at some of my past digital work, then please head over to the following:

Plexapp.com - The default interface for Plex is MediaStream (ported from the XBMC Media Center skin...also my creation)

Thanks

Mike

Nice, good to have someone on board with not one but THREE daily deviations! I'm on DA too btw, visualirony.deviantart.com

Definitely keep you bookmarked for future use if you're still up for it.

Guest Mike Beecham
Nice, good to have someone on board with not one but THREE daily deviations! I'm on DA too btw, visualirony.deviantart.com

Definitely keep you bookmarked for future use if you're still up for it.

Absolutely mate...whenever. I just need to fire up my photoshop and I grab a boatload of coffee ;D

Guest glossywhite
Hi there,

Thanks

Mike

Why do we even care what Apple & iPhone are up to?. Android is not meant to be an "iPhone killer", not that you're saying that, but to be honest, we all know Android is a far better platform, and it will evolve in time - don't you worry! :)

Guest Mike Beecham
Why do we even care what Apple & iPhone are up to?. Android is not meant to be an "iPhone killer", not that you're saying that, but to be honest, we all know Android is a far better platform, and it will evolve in time - don't you worry! :)

Oh, I'm not worried and I know that the evolution of the Android handset is still only in it's infancy. Where I was coming from was from the perspective of knowing that apps can look much better than a lot of them do. There are some apps out there for Android right now that really look the part, and some that just dont.

I hope to bring something to the community that will elevate Android to a 'must have' on the app front!