BT Fix for new Roms

Guest fattmatt

Guest fattmatt

Hi all, I guess this is a call out to all the new and existing I900 chefs.

I know I have asked in various threads before so I guess this is my last hope that I can continue to

follow the progress of the new roms with my omnia.

If not I shall have to stay with one of Khuanchi's rom's, as they are the only rom's that work with my

BT car kit. (Kudos to K' for his fantastic work, sad to see him go :) )

So, are ANY CHEFS tinkering with or even considering implimenting the fix into their roms or am I flogging

a dead horse as they say??

Come on guys, there must be more that just me and the 2 or so others here I know that need this.

I guess now is the time to put your hands up or we may have seen our last useable rom on the omnia :D

And Chefs, any thoughts? opinions?

Regards,

Matt.

Guest fattmatt

So that's it then, only 1 person who cares about the BT fix besides me??

C'mon guys, surely I aint alone, am I?

Damn, I like my omnia but no future on the BT Fix side is a big turn off for me,

stupid really, almost a perfect phone.

And to the chefs again, nobody is interested in carrying on K's legacy??

Sector?, Shokka?, Nick?, Anyone?????

This is my last post on this issue, and my last rom on this phone until my upgrade

which will now be sooner than later by the looks of it..

Dissapointed,

Matt.

Guest fattmatt

On a side note, and this may be a separate thread thing.....

Is there anyone using a BT carkit with any roms other than K's that function

FULLY with INCOMING and outgoing calls??

If yes can you please tell us which rom you are using and which car kit you use?

Cheers,

Matt.

Guest lovelord
On a side note, and this may be a separate thread thing.....

Is there anyone using a BT carkit with any roms other than K's that function

FULLY with INCOMING and outgoing calls??

If yes can you please tell us which rom you are using and which car kit you use?

Cheers,

Matt.

I need id too ... It is very important to have this fix on every rom I think... a "BT-Fix cab" is a great thing, so any rom can be "fixed" in just few steps!

Any news about this production?

Thx

Guest fattmatt
Good news, Sector is working on BT-fix cab.

Everyone could do BT fix once it is released! :)

Fantastic news!

Looks like I may be able to hold off my upgrade for a while.

@Sector, glad to see you have come to the party, thank you...

Eagerly awaiting further news,

Matt.

Hello from my side also.

So im releasing beta cabs now for BTFix.

There are 2 cabs released, the first is for those who have INSTALLED FtouchSL and SRS WOW and second cab who DO NOT have INSTALLED any of these two applications.

What each cab do?

- FTouchSL and SRS cab: Im trying to keep FTouchSL and SRS configuration but in the same way use the BluetoothFix.

- Regular cab: Just installs the BTFix as supposed to.

======

Instructions:

Get an external registry editor like CeRegEditor, if there might be a need to modify when something goes wrong.

Get MyMobiler so you can use your mobile from the pc, if there might be a need to modify when something goes wrong.

If you have FToushSL and SRS installed, try this cab and report:Samsung_BTFix_modified__FToushSL_and_SRS_installed_.cab

Reboot and try it.

==

If you DO NOT have the above apps installed, try this cab and report:Samsung_BTFix_modified.cab

Reboot and try it.

======

If you encounter any problems, for example you cannot touch on screen or sound problems, do not panic. We are here to help and in the worst case you can do a hard reset.

Good luck.

Sector - this is great news, and I am more than willing to test and report back. Quick question for you, which might seem a little stupid, so forgive me!!

Currently using your 23504 Neo ROM, with no other modifications / programs added or tweaked. I have not intentionally installed FTouchSL (although there is an icon for this program on the "Programs" page.) Have never pressed this or made any changes. Regarding SRS WOW I don't know whether this is installed as part of the ROM flashing...

So my question is, which of the two cabs would you advise me to install, given basic and untweaked flash of your 23504 Neo ROM.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Guest fattmatt
Hello from my side also.

There are 2 cabs released, the first is for those who have INSTALLED FtouchSL and SRS WOW and second cab who DO NOT have INSTALLED any of these two applications.

Good luck.

Firstly hello Sector and kudos to you!!

I assume that with K's latest roms I am in the first catagory?, meaning I have SRS WOW installed??

If yes I shall install the fix on one of your roms and give you some feedback on the results.

Nice work knackers,

Matt.

Sector - this is great news, and I am more than willing to test and report back. Quick question for you, which might seem a little stupid, so forgive me!!

Currently using your 23504 Neo ROM, with no other modifications / programs added or tweaked. I have not intentionally installed FTouchSL (although there is an icon for this program on the "Programs" page.) Have never pressed this or made any changes. Regarding SRS WOW I don't know whether this is installed as part of the ROM flashing...

So my question is, which of the two cabs would you advise me to install, given basic and untweaked flash of your 23504 Neo ROM.

Thanks in advance

Mike

In my roms FTouchSL and SRS are preinstalled. Use the 1st cab.

Firstly hello Sector and kudos to you!!

I assume that with K's latest roms I am in the first catagory?, meaning I have SRS WOW installed??

If yes I shall install the fix on one of your roms and give you some feedback on the results.

Nice work knackers,

Matt.

If you are using Khuanchai's roms you dont need any of these 2 cabs because he already includes the BTFix. I thought you all should knew that already...

This project's purpose is to have the BTFix without cooking it.

Guest Lunchbox77
Hello from my side also.

What each cab do?

- FTouchSL and SRS cab: Im trying to keep FTouchSL and SRS configuration but in the same way use the BluetoothFix.

- Regular cab: Just installs the BTFix as supposed to.

======

Instructions:

Get an external registry editor like CeRegEditor, if there might be a need to modify when something goes wrong.

Get MyMobiler so you can use your mobile from the pc, if there might be a need to modify when something goes wrong.

If you have FToushSL and SRS installed, try this cab and report:

Reboot and try it.

==

If you DO NOT have the above apps installed, try this cab and report:Samsung_BTFix_modified.cab

Reboot and try it.

======

If you encounter any problems, for example you cannot touch on screen or sound problems, do not panic. We are here to help and in the worst case you can do a hard reset.

Good luck.

you're down with the omnialite apps?:)

Guest fattmatt
In my roms FTouchSL and SRS are preinstalled. Use the 1st cab.

If you are using Khuanchai's roms you dont need any of these 2 cabs because he already includes the BTFix. I thought you all should knew that already...

This project's purpose is to have the BTFix without cooking it.

Sorry Sector, I am a few beers in after work here in OZ, 37 deg celcius here today and I am a bit :)

Now that I have re-read your post and had a feed! - OK, I shall test the cab out according to the rom I install.

Hopefully one is your next Ulite rom :D

Feeling a bit daft now....

Will report back soon my friend, testing will be done on my Nokia CK-7W BT Carkit.

I will test it on a few of the current "lite" 6.5 roms and give you the results.

Cheers and thankyou!

Matt.

Guest Khuanchai

I'm here to hear the result too. :)

Not sure this can work without cooking. My recall memory:

- without i908 wavedev2 -> BT voice call is not possible

- without i908 speakerphone -> you cannot enable speaker phone

- without i908 fmradio.dll -> your radio program won't work

- without i908 touch.dll -> you will have error on incoming call. I thought install new touch.dll can disable touch screen and needs a hard reset. Hope you can make this without hard reset.

- with all these 4 i908 files (if you can do that with a CAB), you still have the wake up bug that you cannot use all other buttons to wake up your phone except power button.

So my final solution is to use all drivers from i908 and modify the nk.exe, therefore, it definitely need to cook everything into the ROM.

Since I'm not making any new ROM for i900 (I have changed to i8000), I'm planning to give out my files to a chef (not to anyone, sorry). Please let me know if you need all necessary files.

Edited by Khuanchai

Im also reverting into another phone soon so i guess the new chefs should be able to handle the BTFix.

It will be a gift from me and Khuanchai if we achieve this.

Thanks for clarifying what is needed K. If the reports wont be positive i will make new cabs for it.

Without cooking i think it is possible as far the files are signed and the trusted certificate is installed in the rom.

Cooking the files are just noted as secure that's why they dont cause any problem.

I dont know if it is wise to modify the native kernel, im not so expert on that part, if you do have a working modified nk.exe though it will be nice to share it and check the differences. We cannot (i think) use the i908 nk.exe, it wont boot.

Guest fattmatt

I am currently away from home but I will be back in 24hrs.

I will definately install a few roms and post the results straight away.

Thanks again for you effort Sector and K, you guys rock.

Cheers,

Matt.

Edited by fattmatt

Hi

I am using Khuanchai DXIF1 with the bluetooth fixed,

but for some reason bluetooth headset (Plantronics Stereo) has never been working for me.

so I have just tried Samsung_BTFix_modified__FToushSL_and_SRS_installed_.cab

after restart, my bluetooth headset started to work flawlessly (A2DP + Phone)

Bug

- cannot enable speaker phone.

will report if find more bugs,

Thank you very much!

Kob Kun Krub!

Guest Chris64
Hi

but for some reason bluetooth headset (Plantronics Stereo) has never been working for me.

Bug

Thank you very much!

Kob Kun Krub!

How is the sound quality?

I’m using K’s ROM.

The problem is sound quality (noisy & clicking sound from Sony E. HS)

Other than that everything is working fine.

Even K’s ROM, the Omnia-lite dial pad speaker is not working.

If I uninstall SRS WOW, the speaker is working fine.

(The original dial pad doesn’t have this problem)

Thanks everybody!

Edited by Chris64

Hi

Bug

Thank you very much!

Kob Kun Krub!

That is good news! Just asking now:

Did you have FTouchSL and SRS preinstalled? Because if ur speakerphone is not working and u had these 2 preinstalled, i think that SRS cannot co-exist with BTFix.

How is the sound quality?

I’m using K’s ROM.

The problem is sound quality (noisy & clicking sound from Sony E. HS)

Other than that everything is working fine.

Even K’s ROM, the Omnia-lite dial pad speaker is not working.

If I uninstall SRS WOW, the speaker is working fine.

(The original dial pad doesn’t have this problem)

Thanks everybody!

And you my friend, you are saying that is working with SRS preinstalled. :)

=====

Important note to everyone.

How to report (so i wont ask to many questions):

What rom are you using? (Khuanchai's rom has the BTFix cooked, so it should work by default.)

Do you have FTouchSL or SRS preinstalled or one of the two?

Bugs and errors.

Hi All...

Using Sector 23504 Neo - installed the first listed cab. Then installed MS VC. Cannot get get voice dialling from BT headset working. Clearly something happens - press the call button on headset and Omnia switches to phone page, but no ability to "speak" contact details.

Inbound calls can be taken by headset by pressing answer button phone (but pretty certain 23504 could do this anyway). Outbound calls can be made using dial pad / contacts / call history on phone.

Hope I'm not barking up the wrong tree here and doing something stupid!!

Mike