ROM w/ best battery life?

Guest DxTania

Guest DxTania

Ever since I've started using m2d, I've been getting god awful battery life, and I'm pretty sure I remember having pretty bad battery life with titanium as well (not sure though)

but is there a custom 6.5 rom out there that will last me a good FULL day?

Guest Atamagaokashii

Everything BGill, Evidence (LOL!) and Mastergreeny have ever cooked for the i910 has given me a full day of battery life even while browsing with skyfire and playing games for an hour or 2 everyday...

Some of your problems might have something to do with cell reception and what other programs you are using at the time...

Sorry I'm not much more help =/

Guest DxTania
Everything BGill, Evidence (LOL!) and Mastergreeny have ever cooked for the i910 has given me a full day of battery life even while browsing with skyfire and playing games for an hour or 2 everyday...

Some of your problems might have something to do with cell reception and what other programs you are using at the time...

Sorry I'm not much more help =/

thanks, right now i'm trying neco's "the calling"

i don't think it's anything else, i used to get more than a day's worth of battery, now i had onle about 6 hours worth (sending and receiving maybe just 10 texts, no browsing, not running anything in the background so hopefully this works.

thanks for your help though! :)

thanks, right now i'm trying neco's "the calling"

i don't think it's anything else, i used to get more than a day's worth of battery, now i had onle about 6 hours worth (sending and receiving maybe just 10 texts, no browsing, not running anything in the background so hopefully this works.

thanks for your help though! :)

I have been using hart's and lately lioryte base. I get almost 2 days worth of usasge from any base rom. I set up the phone to use as little as possible even my sync is set to every 4 hrs it's everlasting :D

• 1 month later...
Guest dopeness
does s2u2 and ms 3.5 suck battery life too, cuz my battery life has been awful since ive downloaded those

I have no idea what is going on, but I am averaging only 2 hours of battery life. This is not a typo - 2 hours.

I am using WareMikes NuRom. I like it a

lot, but I am getting killed int the battery department.

I see s2u2 and cmulticlock as the only things that could be putting a drain on my battery buteveryone else seems to have no problems. I did a test three different times and got the same result:

* Made four new 30 second ring tones with Vito ring tone editor (battery percentage drops to 85%)

* Listened to an hour of a sports podcast with bluetooth headphones (battery drops to 60%)

* Send 4 separate mms of ringtones I made (battery drops to 45%)

* Transfer files from storage card to internal memory card using Resco Explorer (battery drops to 35%!!!)

- Once the battery dips below 30% it is a rapid decent to 0% and back to the charger.

Now, I am not blaming this phenomenon on WM's ROM. I have had similar battery problems with this phone since I got it. I even got a new battery and nothing seems to work.

Side note: Does the incremental battery drain the battery much? That is the default indicator on the ROM I am using.

Thanks in advance to anyone with a remedy.

Guest EL FUERTE

yea me too after puting dhreee overclock roms which had,alot of bug, been actin funny,and the battery drian alot,i mean im on it all the time,but i see a different once i even went back to the rom i like which is 28002_M2D,but that actin funny on it too once i put it back,is it of the new 2d updated roms version

Guest techwizard08
I have no idea what is going on, but I am averaging only 2 hours of battery life. This is not a typo - 2 hours.

I see s2u2 and cmulticlock as the only things that could be putting a drain on my battery buteveryone else seems to have no problems. I did a test three different times and got the same result:

* Made four new 30 second ring tones with Vito ring tone editor (battery percentage drops to 85%)

* Listened to an hour of a sports podcast with bluetooth headphones (battery drops to 60%)

* Transfer files from storage card to internal memory card using Resco Explorer (battery drops to 35%!!!)

- Once the battery dips below 30% it is a rapid decent to 0% and back to the charger.

Now, I am not blaming this phenomenon on WM's ROM. I have had similar battery problems with this phone since I got it. I even got a new battery and nothing seems to work.

Side note: Does the incremental battery drain the battery much? That is the default indicator on the ROM I am using.

Waremike's roms don't use an unusual amount of battery--I get plenty of life running M2D2 nuROM. However, some things can drain it. Bluetooth combined with music playing is a good little strain. Make sure bluetooth is off? Also, if S2U2 is changing backgrounds often, it continues to use battery.

Hope some of that helps.

Keep in mind you could call VZW and get them to swap out your phone. :)

Guest rndchef

I have used too many of the ROMs to keep track of. I have seen great battery life and poor battery life on the same ROM.

I find that if I am in an area with poor cell coverage, the phone is constantly looking to connect and drains the battery. If I am not then I get better battery life. The difference can be dramatic. I prefer to get emails quickly so I don't change the frequency and I just keep a desk charger and car charger accessible.

Backlighting left on can also drain the battery. I make sure Power Settings & S2U2 turn it off quickly when I am not using it and this helps as well.

Guest Lisbian08

I have not had good results with either the 5% or 1% battery drivers made by Kabkab. Most of the chefs abandoned these drivers this summer after seeing degraded results.

Guest arniep

I am getting a full day plus some with Rob Storm's v12 rom (very stable and highly recommended!!!). That is with BT on in the invisible mode. Wifi can drain your battery quickly as well.

I have not had good results with either the 5% or 1% battery drivers made by Kabkab. Most of the chefs abandoned these drivers this summer after seeing degraded results.

dump the 1% and or 5% batti drivers and check you power settings.

using liorytes latest and get at least 2days of good use

Guest andredabomb92

it really comes down to the settings in ur phone, if you have auto updates for email, weather, facebook, or whatever, plus another ui running it often affects battery performance...as well as wifi, bluetooth, screen brightness, and sound settings...

Guest Lisbian08
it really comes down to the settings in ur phone, if you have auto updates for email, weather, facebook, or whatever, plus another ui running it often affects battery performance...as well as wifi, bluetooth, screen brightness, and sound settings...

This is completely true. I don't think one ROM has that much difference in battery performance over one another. The battery driver discussed above, and the settings/usage of your phone is the biggest 2 factors.