You can now create a customised ROM containing only the parts you required - click here to read more about the MoDaCo Custom Custom ROM online kitchen!
MCR now optionally includes Wavesecure in ROM, allowing you to lock / locate / wipe your device remotely in the event of loss and be notified if the SIM is changed. The application cannot be uninstalled by a thief and we are actively working with Wavesecure to ensure that in a forthcoming release, your settings will survive a hard reset!
This ROM is based on the updated 'MR' ROM release series (together with my own optimisations) for the best possible performance! The ROM is packaged as a core version with optional add on packs.
Included in the 'core'
- Now includes a MoDaCo Custom Kernel 1.2 with EXT3/4, Compcache support, extended iptables support, NFS/CIFS, tun module and much more! To enable compcache, use the kitchen or edit /system/init.d/compcache.sh
- Built with my new MCR build process which reduces size and boost speed of the ROM
- Rooted with 'adb remount' permission and superuser APK
- A2SD included (fully automatic - thanks cyanogen!) - create a EXT2 partition as your second partition to use. dalvik-cache remains on device.
- Added Jbed Java
- Added Dropbear SSH running by default, check 'About' screen for password (port 2222). You can now remove this by running /system/bin/removedropbear.sh
- Added Notes app from Dragon
- Added Spare Parts (run it and switch the 2 animation types to 'fast' for an even better experience!)
- Added WiFi Status indicator, with kind permission of Andrew Schwimmer
- Added busybox 1.15.3 with Droid Explorer support
- Added nano 2.09 - text editor for use in shell mode
- Added parted and sqlite tools
- Added terminfo and settings to boot.img to allow nano etc. use
- Added files required for Debian linux including loxley's updated bootdeb script
- Added all 4 available HTC widgets
- Moved Quickoffice to data partition to allow easy uninstall
- Moved Google Maps and Google Voice Search to data partition to allow easy update
- Deleted 'Learn More' application
- Silenced boot sound (it's still there and can be reactivated with a file edit)
- You can now check your MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) version from the about menu
Included in main 'enhanced' add on pack
- Added Business Card Scanner
- Added WAP browser
Other optional add on packs (apply as normal update zips)
- 'WaveSecure' add on pack (puts Wavesecure in ROM - it is no longer in core)
- 'Boot Sounds' add on pack (restores boot sounds)
- 'Hebrew Fonts' add on pack (installs hebrew fonts)
Recommended applications (available from the market)
- More Locale for setting non english Locales
This ROM is also available customised to your exact requirements in the MoDaCo Custom Custom ROM online kitchen in the second post of this topic - check it out!!
'Core' download: DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro)
'Wavesecure' add on pack: http://www.wavesecur...ions/update.zip
'Boot Sounds' add on pack: DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro)
'Hebrew Fonts' add on pack: DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro)
ENSURE YOU DO A NANDROID BACKUP SO YOU CAN 'ROLL BACK' IF REQUIRED!
Please note that first boot may take a little while, especially if you have a lot of apps on your A2SD partition. Be patient! If you want a real clean start or you have issues with your existing A2SD installed apps when you boot, you need to wipe your EXT2 partition on SD too by executing 'adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app', 'adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app-private' and 'adb shell reboot'
The ROM is in an update.zip format for installation via the custom recovery image.
For the complete newbies, these are the steps you need to take with a 'virgin' Hero:
- Download and install (via rooting) the patched recovery image (step by step guide to follow)
- Download this custom ROM, and copy it to your SD card
- Enter the recovery image (if you're not in it already) by powering on while pressing 'home'
- Select 'nandroid backup' from the menu to do a backup
- If you copied the custom rom as update.zip, select 'apply sdcard:update.zip', else select the option below.
- all done
Feedback / feature requests welcome!
Finally, if you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.