Want Free Internet and Free Texting for Life?

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton

thumb_21-Nov-2009_17-Nov-2009_t-mobile-logo.jpg
Want Free Internet and Free Texting for Life?

Without paying too much? Without being locked to Monthly Contract?

Well you can now with this amazing PAYG deal! :)

T-Mobile has come up with this great deal - all you have to do is to top up £10 a month and in return you will get free Internet access and free texting for Life.

Hurry, this offer ends on 31 January 2010. Once you have received your new SIM card, you'll automatically be opted into their Monthly Text and Internet Reward.

To get the FREE SIM card, just visit this link to register for it and once received, top it up with £10 BEFORE 31 January 2010 - you will be rewarded with free Internet access and free texting for Life as long as you top it up £10 a month.

Sounds simple! And it's better deal than my monthly contract...

Guest tsutton
The PAYG deals get better and better!

Yeah. I suspect they've forgotten about their existing customers who are on Pay Monthly... :)

I wonder if I can switch to this new SIM and keep my number?

Guest tsutton
How would this work then? What happens if I don't top up for a couple of months? Is the deal tied simply to the SIM, or what? :/

The small print states:

Providing you have stayed a member of the reward throughout the month we'll add your free texts and internet to your account at one minute in the morning on the first day of the next month.

I would assume that it translate to:

If you sign up to get this free Internet and Texting before 31 January 2010, you will have the "reward" added to this SIM and it will activate as soon as you put in £10. Then whenever you add £10, you get these rewards.

That's what I am assuming.

Guest mcwarre

Good spot.

Beware the small print

"Remember that you can't use your phone as a modem or use the internet for peer-to-peer file sharing, instant messaging (except if you have a Sidekick) or making internet phone calls.

This reward comes with an internet fair use policy of 40MB a day. We'll monitor how much you send and receive each calendar month so that we can protect our network for all our customers. If you use more than your fair use policy amount, we won't charge you any more, but we may restrict how you can use internet on your phone, depending on how often you go over your amount and by how much."

I very nearly signed up. Still, good value though!

Guest Confucious

But is it 3G only? Not HSDPA?

I'll stick to my £20/month for W'n'W Plus and Flext35 although the 3Gb/month allowance is proving a bit restrictive on my iPhone....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest theroadwarrior

When you say for life do you mean you have to keep topping up £10 every month otherwise you loose the free internet access.. or can you just top up £10 in the first month and then sit back and enjoy your free internet for ever more?

OK, just reread the post- you have to keep topping up. The only real problem is the cost of your device. Assuming you are on a £30 a month contract and want a new £500 phone every 18months, which costs say, £100 (The normal price i pay for an upgrade) thats £540 on monthly charges, £640 total including the phone. On the PAYG deal its £180 of topups + £500 for the phone, £680 total. Thats assuming you dont use more than £10 credit each month on calls.

Obviously if you dont want a new device too often its a great deal. Or if you wanted to go onto this for ~6months or something after you were out of contract but were waiting for a new phone to come out that you wanted- when that happened you could then go onto a monthly tarrif.

Can you transfer a pay monthly number to PAYG though? (I always keep the same number)

Edited by theroadwarrior

Guest Shuflie

If you read through the terms and conditions it doesn't say anywhere that you need to top up every month or loose the reward, just that you will get free text and internet the month after you top-up. You do however loose it if you change plans or try to get one of the other reward that T-mobile offer on PAYG, so don't be tempted to try them out otherwise you loose the free internet and texts, and you can't get them back again.

T-mobile won't let you transfer numbers internally, but you can transfer out and back in again if you like, the sooner mobile operators sort out this limitation in their networks the better in my opinion.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.