[SOLVED] Wallpaper quality

Guest shenye

Guest shenshang

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyones managed to apply a wallpaper with high quality? everytime i try applying an image as wallpaper, it ends up being a really crepe quality. I've tried cropping a larger image, .png, .gif, .jpg and none have worked. it always ends up slightly blotchy and blurred :S

EDIT: [solved] thanks cTn, for everyone else who is wondering for a solution to this problem, use the "Wallpaper Set and Save" app from android market (free)

Edited by shenshang

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyones managed to apply a wallpaper with high quality? everytime i try applying an image as wallpaper, it ends up being a really crepe quality. I've tried cropping a larger image, .png, .gif, .jpg and none have worked. it always ends up slightly blotchy and blurred :S

same problem here, tried the same methods. still hoping that somebody figures it out, it is pretty annoying to have such a great screen and the os pixelizing great backgrounds...

same problem here, tried the same methods. still hoping that somebody figures it out, it is pretty annoying to have such a great screen and the os pixelizing great backgrounds...

download "Wallpaper Set & Save" from Market, and apply your wallpaper via this program

Guest shenshang
download "Wallpaper Set & Save" from Market, and apply your wallpaper via this program

cheers dude, dyou know an app to do the same for the lock screen?

shenshang

Guest stevenz

Any benefit in editing the images in an external app (MS-Paint, Photoshop, Pixelmator etc.) and cropping them to the native resolution?

Edited by stevenz

Any benefit in editing the images in an external app (MS-Paint, Photoshop, Pixelmator etc.) and cropping them to the native resolution?

no, only if you want to display a specific part, it just downscales from original image, so you cant crop manually inside this wallpaper app

seriously amazing. best tip for this month. last thing to say is i vote for the app to be included in modacos custom rom by default.

what do you mean exactly?

I think it means: You have to apply the wallpaper again after rebooting your phone. The image quality is back in poor after reboot. I have notice this too. But still a great app. I have love this sense I found this from the market few weeks ago. :D

I think it means: You have to apply the wallpaper again after rebooting your phone. The image quality is back in poor after reboot.

that is exactly what i mean.

edit: i attached screenshots. before and after using the app, you can see the difference very clearly. after a reboot it looks again like the "before" pic.

post-177282-1259407519_thumb.png

post-177282-1259407526_thumb.png

Edited by kendon

Guest shenshang
that is exactly what i mean.

edit: i attached screenshots. before and after using the app, you can see the difference very clearly. after a reboot it looks again like the "before" pic.

the way i get a perfect image is put the image into the root itself.

/system/customise/resource/

replace one of the htc_wallpaper_**.jpg with your wallpaper and it will be in the respective default htc scenes. if you wanna do it for the lock screen, replace the respective image in:

/system/etc/lockscreen/

• 2 weeks later...
I've not noticed any quality difference after a reboot at all. I'm using only .png wallpaper files though, with Wallpaper Set And Save.

did you notice any difference after applying the wallpaper through wp s&s?

replace one of the htc_wallpaper_**.jpg with your wallpaper and it will be in the respective default htc scenes. if you wanna do it for the lock screen, replace the respective image in:

/system/etc/lockscreen/

Somebody willing to code app for this to us Modaco users? That would be an great app and maybe it could be included to the ROM.

Guest shenshang

paul doesnt yet have permission from the author to put it into his roms. also kendon, the image is "optimised" by Sense UI when you restart it, not actually due to a reboot.

/system/etc/lockscreen/

if that works we could script it? have you tried?

it works for me, but you need to get the dimensions exact or else htc sense ui will optimise it.

i do not really get it, i have the image in the right dimension and quality, but where do i need the script to copy it exactly that it is used (filename)? i am not using the default scenes, i altered my homepage (like everybody else i guess...). could you give me a hint?

Edited by kendon