i910 Omnia1 VS. i920 Omnia2

Guest kdkinc

iI have the opportunity to sell my Omnia for $100, should I sell it and get the new Omnia 2 or the Motorola Droid?

Hold on for the Bravo/Passion HTC Android..

I'm already starting my $$$war chest ;) ;)

;) ;)

Guest javikid
Hold on for the Bravo/Passion HTC Android..

I'm already starting my $$$war chest ;) ;)

;) ;)

when is it scheduled to come out? I dont whan to lose the oportunity to sell it for $100

Edited by javikid

when is it scheduled to come out? I dont whan to lose the oportunity to sell it for $100

Google HTC Brave Then HTC Passion,

The time release is all over the place between early January to April.

IF YOU CAN GET $100.00 take the money an run ;)

I plan on using my i910 as a fishing lure.

Maybe SamSuck's WIDGETS are good for somthing ;) ;)

;) :P

Guest javikid
Google HTC Brave Then HTC Passion,

The time release is all over the place between early January to April.

IF YOU CAN GET $100.00 take the money an run ;)

I plan on using my i910 as a fishing lure.

Maybe SamSuck's WIDGETS are good for somthing ;) ;)

;) :P

I hope it does come out for verizon. I wonder if they do 1 year upgrade....My 2 years are up in January 2010

I hope it does come out for verizon. I wonder if they do 1 year upgrade....My 2 years are up in January 2010

I have one in January. The store rep I can upgrade for $20 plus the two year contract and get the two year price .I can then do it again next year ;)

;) ;)

Guest rtimi28

I have gone to play with the omnia 2 and just like the omnia 1, samsung and verizon have over done it in the UI stage. Even though there are some improvements in the UI, I don't think touchwiz was meant for WM since windows mobile on its own is a memory hug. I think the UI is useful to some extent, if modaco removes some certain apps, the phone would become the best wm phone on the planet especially with its 800mhz processor.

I currently use neco's rom which to me is the best since he got rid of the touchwiz home screen and used a couple of samsung apps like the launcher for omnia 1 was great to me now with the new launcher for omnia 2 is better and more organized than the iphone since you can differentiate each screen w/a title and what you want to use w/it. You can also put up to ten menu screens. The skin over other menus on the omnia 2 is better than and useful than wm and iphone combined.

All I'm trying to say is the homescreen is where the issue and the cube is not necessarily great but media wise, its the best smartphone on the market, and the fact that you can add skyfire and opera mobile 10, what more can you get. Speaking about browsers, I think if you add the UI for opera mobile 10 and some setting and add the capability of skyfire together, and make it just as fast and smooth loading, you will kill any browser on the market.

So don't just say it is laggy, because I think that comes when memory isn't used correctly already by wm and then the addition of skin which takes some more memory. Even the Imagio isn't good with the memory and yes maybe to an extent is seems faster response in some cases but it didn't go as deep as the omnia 2 and don't forget that omnia 2 has open gl graphics with it. That's all folks for now

Guest Vudugan

I love my Omnia 1, that is since my first CC20 flash then custom.

O2? I waited and waited, upgrade was due on 12-4-09. Played with O2 the other day and was not impressed. Some nice changes but it just didn't do it for me. I have been torn between Winmo and the Android hype and I'm still not sure which way I will go but that HD2 is just around the corner and that's probably the phone I will end up with but still not sure.

I really believe the O2 will not satisfy most of the O1 owners. Think its just time to move on. If I was to stay with Winmo it would definitely be the HTC Imagio at this point.

My 2 centz

Guest andredabomb92
I have gone to play with the omnia 2 and just like the omnia 1, samsung and verizon have over done it in the UI stage. Even though there are some improvements in the UI, I don't think touchwiz was meant for WM since windows mobile on its own is a memory hug. I think the UI is useful to some extent, if modaco removes some certain apps, the phone would become the best wm phone on the planet especially with its 800mhz processor.

I currently use neco's rom which to me is the best since he got rid of the touchwiz home screen and used a couple of samsung apps like the launcher for omnia 1 was great to me now with the new launcher for omnia 2 is better and more organized than the iphone since you can differentiate each screen w/a title and what you want to use w/it. You can also put up to ten menu screens. The skin over other menus on the omnia 2 is better than and useful than wm and iphone combined.

All I'm trying to say is the homescreen is where the issue and the cube is not necessarily great but media wise, its the best smartphone on the market, and the fact that you can add skyfire and opera mobile 10, what more can you get. Speaking about browsers, I think if you add the UI for opera mobile 10 and some setting and add the capability of skyfire together, and make it just as fast and smooth loading, you will kill any browser on the market.

So don't just say it is laggy, because I think that comes when memory isn't used correctly already by wm and then the addition of skin which takes some more memory. Even the Imagio isn't good with the memory and yes maybe to an extent is seems faster response in some cases but it didn't go as deep as the omnia 2 and don't forget that omnia 2 has open gl graphics with it. That's all folks for now

the omnia [and now the omnia 2] has always sounded like the best phone, but only on paper...

Guest dopeness

So, I go to my Verizon store to check out the new O2. 1. its lumped in with older model phones 2. There is no indicator that is is new. 3. The Droid has its own interactive stand and other bells and whistles. 4. The reps did not know about all its features - SHOCKER! This is exactly why I had reservations about this phone before it arrived.

With that out of the way I scrolled through the different home screens, played youtube videos and kicked the tires. The short end of my brief viewing is:

1. Samsung speakers are horrid. Compared to the Droid, the O2 was scratchy and muffled at full tilt. The Droid was crisp and VERY loud. We like loud. I almost started a party in there with that thing.

2. The camera was not really that much different than what I have on my i910 as far as quality.

3. The screen was bigger, but the Amolded significance was lost on me since I did not view it in direct sunlight (i guess).

I did not get into processor speed and other particulars with the phone. I just looked at things that I depend on a lot with my phone. The O2 was either average or below par. As long as I can get new ROM's for m my i910 I will be happy. I will wait to see where and when the HTC HD2 will released in the states. Ten I am jumping on that train.

• 2 weeks later...

10 Things that Omnia I can never beat Omnia II

1. having HD2 ROM installed and everything working plus video call.

2. having SbP mobile shell G-sensor working in full 3D Carousel

3. having DVD video quality in 720 x 480 30pfs recording. (480p)

4. having double LED auto adjust brightness so you wont get "burnt" picture

5. having huge AMOLED screen that is no problem in direct sunlight

6. having proximity and light sensor to auto adjust screen brightness/on and off

7. having more advanced TouchWIZ 2.0 UI, touchplayer etc

8. having bigger battery and longer battery life due to AMOLED

9. having dedicated 3.5mm jack with TV out and separate microUSB port

10. having an initial price so much lower than Omnia I

Tell me which android can beat all that? they cant even get file transfer via bluetooth to work. (thats the true below par)