Mobile Valuer

Guest deadphill

Guest deadphill
thumb_04-Dec-2009_mobile_header_full_nov.jpg
After being fed up of how slow my mobile had become, (not my iPhone nedge :D) I was looking to sell it onto these people who buy your phones for cash, and stumbled across this website made up by Mr Money Saving Expert, Mobile Valuer.com

Very simple to use, just put the manafacturer of your phone in, then type the model, and see how much money you can extrapalate from all of the cash for mobiles websites for your old handset.

Ive made an extra £15 just by doing this, and now this lunch time I will (hopefully) be going to T-mobile to buy a new Pulse.

Hopefully this will help a few of you out there get the dosh you need to get a nice shiny new handset. Certainly beats the hassle of selling on ebay!!

Keep a bookmark of this topic and let us know how you get on with the checker, and also the individual companies.

Check it out here

Cheers

Phill

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Nice tip! :D

P

A better one is check the comparison sites for trade in values ( MSE's isn't the first...), find the 'best' value site to sell to, clear your cookies, visit the site directly and get even more.....

They use affiliate tracking and pay less when sent by a comparison site. Or at least the others do.

M.S

Guest deadphill
A better one is check the comparison sites for trade in values ( MSE's isn't the first...), find the 'best' value site to sell to, clear your cookies, visit the site directly and get even more.....

They use affiliate tracking and pay less when sent by a comparison site. Or at least the others do.

M.S

Has anyone done this and found this out?

Cheers

Phill

Guest deadphill
I always find CEX are good for offloading your crap :D

Not bad if you want trade in but the cash price for the Touch Diamond I am trying to sell isnt as good as the price I found using this tool.

Plus the CEX where I live never ever has any cash, and to be honest is run by a load of ends of bells who never ever give the price stated on the website!

Cheers

Phill

Guest daftveggie

I used cex to offload an O2 orbit 2 - got £96 as unlocked - best I could get online was £36!

If you have all the packaging etc, your device is in good condition and it works then Cex is a really good first port of call + if you want to buy some of their stuff in store you get a higher valuation as "exchange".

Worth a look

I got £130 for my fairly badly scratched up Touch HD. There is no way i would have got any more on eBay, since one big scratch was right in the middle of the screen. After ebay/paypal fees and whatnot the mobile valuer was the best option. I also got £61 for a non working N95 8GB, not at all bad really given the state it was in.

Guest deadphill
Seems too good to be true! What do they do with them? refubish or sell parts individually for scrap?

AFAIK they use parts and do them up to sell to other countries like the middle east and india. Not entirely sure though.

To be honest I dont care! Just give me my cash!!!!!!! ;)

Cheers

Phill

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.