As a Hero owner and MoDaCo ROM user, I've always found it frustrating that virtually no application can fully backup its own settings/data (let alone other apps' settings/data) to the SD card.
This is the reason why I've developed Titanium Backup
It requires root privileges but it can backup (and restore) all data+settings of any application on your Android phone !
This app works for many people. The cool stuff:
- The fastest app listing on the planet. About 1 second if you have 300 apps !
- Can auto-kill apps before saving/restoring their settings
- Batch backup/restore using various scenarios (eg: time since last backup, etc)
- Can sort and filter the app list by app type, status and even by "Apps Organizer labels"
- Zero-click app un-installer & system app un-installer!
Titanium Backup is available on the Android Market.
Please see the Titanium Backup web page for the latest information, FAQ and tips !
More advanced features for donators:
- application is branded to your name
- ultra fast HyperShell (much faster for almost everything)
- zero-click multi app installer
- per-app backup history support
- easy verification of all backups
- Market Doctor to correct any broken Market links (only for applications that were backed up with the link in place)
- App freezer can disable an app (and make it invisible) without un-installing it
(The FAQ is now on the Titanium Backup web page)
Many thanks for reading... and have fun !
Edited by Keramidas, 18 May 2010 - 02:23 PM.