pete.major

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
Hi guys,

I'm on O2.

When I put in my SIM, the Acer seemed to set itself up so I didn't need to do anything APN etc.

However, the voicemail is not setup. I googled o2 voicemail and the number is 901. I can call that and it works fine.

But if I put 901 in Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail a message comes up with "call setting error - voicemail number change unsuccessful"

Anyone have any advice on how to sort this out please?

Thanks.

---------------------
Currently:
HTC Desire
Previously:
Acer A1 Liquid,
iPhone 3G, HTC TyTN II,
HTC TyTN, XDA Mini S,
XDA IIi, SPV C500,
SPV E200, SPV E100
---------------------

scrap2434

scrap2434

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid

Hi guys,

I'm on O2.

When I put in my SIM, the Acer seemed to set itself up so I didn't need to do anything APN etc.

However, the voicemail is not setup. I googled o2 voicemail and the number is 901. I can call that and it works fine.

But if I put 901 in Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail a message comes up with "call setting error - voicemail number change unsuccessful"

Anyone have any advice on how to sort this out please?

Thanks.

I have the same issue mate. I have just set up a shortcut to my voicemail using anycut for now.
Doing a quick google search and there is a few hits on this, looks like an android issue as opposed to an Acer issue...

MrVanes

MrVanes

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
I just posted this in the 'Acer Support Sucks' thread, but this is more appropriate I guess:

I have the same (voicemail number) problem with my Liquid on Vodafone, Netherlands and I think it has something to do with the SIM itself. The Liquid (or Android in general) wants to store the voicemailnumber on a reserved location on the SIM just like the subscriber number, but I start to suspect that not all SIM's have this voicemail location. My SIM card is quite old and survived several contract updates and migrations (I guess it's 8 years old now). Might that form a clue?
I suspect that when I'd ask Vodafone for a replacement SIM the voicemail problem would be solved and I will do that after my Liquid has returned from exchange (which is a different story altogether).

Liquid A1/S100 & latest LiquidNext

daft009

daft009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Ex Acer Liquid, now HTC Desire
same prob here, just used the built-in shortcut to direct dial a number on the home screen to call voicemail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users