Forum Opinion - Most Stable / Fastest ROM

Guest Nerohdam

Guest Nerohdam

Hello all! I know this is very subjective but over time which ROM has everyone felt is the most responsive and bug free? I think the current ROM I have from Blazewolf is good but the touch pad is buggy. Now I will say I have not updated to latest ROM but this got me to think, I just need a ROM that is fast and stable. Doesn't need to do everything just the important things and I can add in the apps that I need.

Again, all the cooks are awesome, but is there a general feel that one ROM maybe slightly more stable or faster than others? Thx...

Guest Mercuie

Lioryte Base has been the best/fastest rom i have used, and the 2nd post is filled with cabs for whatever you're missing. I have tried i think everybody's and this one i have fallen in love with. Its a base rom so no chef's personal UI changes, which i like but some don't (i think custom taskbars look horrible on omnia's tiny ugly screen).

Agree with the above posters that both storm and lioryte put out very stable roms. I've had good luck with both. Also, a friend reports great luck with necosino's roms, so if you like many of the original omnia apps, that may be the ticket.

I was a huge fan of bgill and blazingwolf for a long time, but it seems they've moved on to greener pastures, and sadly, the last roms by both aren't stable on my omnia. Don't know why it crashes on mine when others report perfect stability, so ymmv.

-Ben

Agree with the above posters that both storm and lioryte put out very stable roms. I've had good luck with both. Also, a friend reports great luck with necosino's roms, so if you like many of the original omnia apps, that may be the ticket.

I was a huge fan of bgill and blazingwolf for a long time, but it seems they've moved on to greener pastures, and sadly, the last roms by both aren't stable on my omnia. Don't know why it crashes on mine when others report perfect stability, so ymmv.

-Ben

As your needs an wants change so do your needs for a better rom. I agree with BQST.

I think his real statement was "but it seems they've moved on to greener pastures",.

Now is that a flashing statement or not?? ;)

Why did they move on you may wonder? I think we may all have to start thinking Android within the next year.(if not sooner!)

IMHO

;) ;)

Guest blazingwolf

-Ben

What's crashing?

What's crashing?

Hey BW! You're still here!? How's the droid???

I'm sad to report the 23064 "final" build of BW WM7 was crashing on my phone at least once a day. I would take my phone out to wake it up, but instead found an unresponsive black screen and a very hot device. After a paper clip reset, I'd find my battery severely drained by "crash." I missed several important calls from a combination of crashes and the battery running out prematurely, so I had to move on to a different rom...

For what it's worth, bgill's rom from the same time period did the same thing, so it may not be a fault of either chef but rather a problem with my phone and roms from that time period. I have since found the newer 28xxx builds to be much more stable.

A while back I saw rumors about a new BW rom, but haven't heard anything since. While I have your attention, what's the scoop? ;)

-Ben

Guest jaycarl

Apps are always updating so its more logical to go with a base rom.

Its a hard one but its between Storm and Lioryte IMO.

Storm rom right now is not only stable but alittle more functional since he cooks in Tellme and it actually works great. I drive alot so that is a real important feature. No matter what I did I could not get Tellme to work on Lioryte rom. Other than that its just as stable as Storm's.

So if I had to pick the best rom today, it would be Storm's rom.

Sure wish Blazingwolf was still with us. The other chefs seem to be picking up the slack though.

Edited by jaycarl

Guest Rob Storm
Apps are always updating so its more logical to go with a base rom.

Its a hard one but its between Storm and Lioryte IMO.

Storm rom right now is not only stable but alittle more functional since he cooks in Tellme and it actually works great. I drive alot so that is a real important feature. No matter what I did I could not get Tellme to work on Lioryte rom. Other than that its just as stable as Storm's.

So if I had to pick the best rom today, it would be Storm's rom.

Sure wish Blazingwolf was still with us. The other chefs seem to be picking up the slack though.

Wow! Thank you for the kind words!

Guest Omar Qazi
Lioryte Base has been the best/fastest rom i have used, and the 2nd post is filled with cabs for whatever you're missing. I have tried i think everybody's and this one i have fallen in love with. Its a base rom so no chef's personal UI changes, which i like but some don't (i think custom taskbars look horrible on omnia's tiny ugly screen).

Where can I download Lioryte's Base?

Guest Grouper

I like Lioryte Base the best.

If you don't want to deal with all sorts of glitches it's best to stick with the 230xx builds. I always like to use the latest and greatest just to see if anythings changed but then all sorts of annoying bugs crop up. I don't think Lioryte still puts together builds of 230xx builds though.

Edited by Grouper

Guest mackrox

I have BlazingWolf's Win7 rom as well, and it was OK at first but now it's just starting to give me nothing but issues..

Lag... (with a LOT of memory and no open apps)

Dial pad issues (stop autolock program doesn't work properly at all).. then when I try to press numbers, it fails

Screen stays on 24/7, never goes on sleep

I don't know if I should blame blazingwolf or the 6.5 rom. Not sure why the original samsung keypad lock was removed. It worked much better.

Guest lioryte
I have BlazingWolf's Win7 rom as well, and it was OK at first but now it's just starting to give me nothing but issues..

Lag... (with a LOT of memory and no open apps)

Dial pad issues (stop autolock program doesn't work properly at all).. then when I try to press numbers, it fails

Screen stays on 24/7, never goes on sleep

I don't know if I should blame blazingwolf or the 6.5 rom. Not sure why the original samsung keypad lock was removed. It worked much better

I don't know if to laugh or cry reading responses like this. Dude, without WozzeR, Adrynalyne and blazingwolf you wouldn't have ANY custom ROMs, no Bgill's/ Evidence, hart'Vs, Mr. Capcome, myself, etc.

Building a ROM like BW's or Bgill's can take forever. I was in awe when I first saw one of Bgill's new releases. Just to change the taskbar images requires hours of editing the dll's. Like it or not, TONS of hours are put into every ROM

BW releases were always top notch, he wouldn't release somethin' that he wouldn't test and try, you can see that even when he's using the Droid he is still looking to release one more ROM and asking/helping people with issues with his ROM.

If you are using a ROM that was lightning fast at first and now lags it ain't the cook's fault. Maintenance is required.

If you don't like something about the ROM than cook one yourself to your liking

Also, thanks for the folks who like my ROM. I think they are all great for the purpose they were build.

Guest tedkord
I don't know if to laugh or cry reading responses like this. Dude, without WozzeR, Adrynalyne and blazingwolf you wouldn't have ANY custom ROMs, no Bgill's/ Evidence, hart'Vs, Mr. Capcome, myself, etc.

Building a ROM like BW's or Bgill's can take forever. I was in awe when I first saw one of Bgill's new releases. Just to change the taskbar images requires hours of editing the dll's. Like it or not, TONS of hours are put into every ROM

BW releases were always top notch, he wouldn't release somethin' that he wouldn't test and try, you can see that even when he's using the Droid he is still looking to release one more ROM and asking/helping people with issues with his ROM.

If you are using a ROM that was lightning fast at first and now lags it ain't the cook's fault. Maintenance is required.

Also, thanks for the folks who like my ROM. I think they are all great for the purpose they were build.

Seconded. My first flash was to a Wozzer CC20 6.1. From there, I've used ROMs from Wozzer, BW, BG/Ev - all were better than the stock VZW ROM. All had idiosyncracies, some were more stable than others. But that just gives me an excuse to flash again. When my wife gives me the look when I tell her I'm re-flashing my phone for the umpteenth time, I can just tell her that it fixes an issue the older ROM had, or adds some other functionality. (Of course, I would flash regardless. I'm hooked)

So, a special thanks to Wozzer, Blazingwolf, and Adrynalyne. Additional thanks to BGill/BGA77/Evidence_I. I sincerely hope they all move to the same smartphone I next buy! It makes life easier for someone like myself ( you know, not so intelligent)

Guest Stevenlomb

I have also tried a few 28xxx ROMs, but I'm back to a 23088. But I keep checking the threads from Modaco, PPC Geeks, Omniarom, etc.; Waiting for the next great ROM! And I also prefer a Base, or Lite ROM, without alot of apps. As for chefs, I followed Adrynaline till he moved on, then had good luck with Bgill's work. Never liked Titanium, but the new version of M2D shows promise. And now this new M2D looking interface from dehx.net might go well with a base rom, once the next version comes out...

Guest 03civicsi

I tried alot of new stuff.. SPB shell 3.5... capcom... nico... storm... they all just either had too much or not enough for what I use... they all are great but I found that with Bgills 2.6 rom I got 3 days of battery life... which is beyond great... it has the basic stuff for what I like and is fairly stable, I do get the occasional lock ups if I try to do something while its trying to update the weather or check email at the same time but its maybe once a week...

I was very happy with it for a month.. then I tried newer stuff for a few weeks and I have been back to it now for 2 months...

Bgill 2.6 is highly recommended by me but it is only my opinion hope I helped you in some way

Guest jaycarl

Wow, had no idea that amount of work went into it. Thanks you for putting it in perspective.

Until a few weeks ago I have been using Blazingwolfs roms since June. Never had a problem other than updating apps like opera and realizing I could not uninstall the original cooked in app.

If Blazingwolf made a base rom, it would rock the house.

Right now I'm using your rom on my main phone since its very stable and I'm currently having issues with Storms rom with wifi on my backup Omnia.

Been hoping you cook in tellme so I can finally get it working on your rom.

Guest arirang

naked Titanium ROM - Storm's current offering

M2D - Waresmike current offering

Titanium hybrid [aka NEO] - BW

IMO, they're cooking the snappiest and truly 'flash and forget' ROM for their respective niche.

Guest JoeyDVDZ
Seconded. My first flash was to a Wozzer CC20 6.1. From there, I've used ROMs from Wozzer, BW, BG/Ev - all were better than the stock VZW ROM. All had idiosyncracies, some were more stable than others. But that just gives me an excuse to flash again. When my wife gives me the look when I tell her I'm re-flashing my phone for the umpteenth time, I can just tell her that it fixes an issue the older ROM had, or adds some other functionality. (Of course, I would flash regardless. I'm hooked)

So, a special thanks to Wozzer, Blazingwolf, and Adrynalyne. Additional thanks to BGill/BGA77/Evidence_I. I sincerely hope they all move to the same smartphone I next buy! It makes life easier for someone like myself ( you know, not so intelligent)

I only know I have a very cool WinMo 6.5 phone due to the hard work of the fine people who cook up these roms, and to even consider "blaming" anyone here for a slow ROM is just silly. I've killed my phone a few times, but it's always, and I stress ALWAYS, due to my own ineptitude in installing stuff I know nothing about, killing an otherwise mostly flawless phone.

Lioryte, BlazingWolf, Wozzer, used all your roms over the past 6 months I've been playing with this phone, and I'm truly awed by your skills and the amazing ROM's I've enjoyed using. Keep up the great work.

Guest rfarrah
I only know I have a very cool WinMo 6.5 phone due to the hard work of the fine people who cook up these roms, and to even consider "blaming" anyone here for a slow ROM is just silly. I've killed my phone a few times, but it's always, and I stress ALWAYS, due to my own ineptitude in installing stuff I know nothing about, killing an otherwise mostly flawless phone.

Lioryte, BlazingWolf, Wozzer, used all your roms over the past 6 months I've been playing with this phone, and I'm truly awed by your skills and the amazing ROM's I've enjoyed using. Keep up the great work.

+1 and including Waremike. Thanks a bunch!