SmartNES : a NES emulator

Guest zizione

And we all have to support MBoden during his time of being without work. Keep it up MBoden, we all appreciate everything you're doing and hope you find some work soon.

Guest youngerpants

Have people gotten this to work yet.

Created a folder on Storage Card called "SmartNES"

Placed smartnes.exe & about 7 roms in that directory

used all explorer to run smartnes

when I chose to "Open ROM" i get the message "error can not open"

I'll have a play but ideas welcome

EDIT; I have also tried renaming a rom to rom.nes (my how my french is coming along since my GCSE's 12 years ago!)

Guest youngerpants

YAY it works

you may want to have a chat with spacemonkey, he managed to get the rom selection working for his gameboy emulator... no point in re-inventing the wheel when the code is already there

nice one though, I now have several hundred games on my phone, and a notepad clone, oh, and a task manager

Good work fella

Guest mashkhan

fantastic work zizone, Are you planning a feature where we can remap the keys? At the moment Super Mario Bros 3 is a bit difficult as you need to use both a and b buttons at the same time!

Great work though, and it's quite nippy as well. At the moment I'm finding it hard to start todays work :twisted:

HI GUYS

I HAVE COPED THE NES EMU IN STORAGE CARDSMARTNES

COPED MY ROM IN THERE TOO.

RE-NAMED AS ROM.NES

I TRY TO RUN IT FROM ALL-EXPLORE NO LUCK GETTING ERROR MES..

CAN NOT OPEN....

GETTING SAME MESSAGE WHEN I RUN IT FROM MY GAMES FOLDER TOO

HELP WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ;) :lol:

Guest youngerpants

SUKY,

Same prob i had. copy the rom.nes to /storage card and it will run, I know this as i just played 1942 while having my morning bowel movement (sorry ladies, thats about as nice as i could have put it)

Guest kingdom master

i havent got all explorer yet, so i put them in the folder, then placed the rom named rom.nes

i then dreated a shortcut to nesemulator and placed in in windows/games

when i then go to launch the rom it comes up

error

can not open

any idea's?

thanks

Guest kingdom master

nop doesnt work

1, i created the folder

2, i placed smartnes in it

3, rightclicked create shortcut

4,copied shortcut, then went to ipsm/windows/startmenu/games and paste shortcut in there

5, then placed roms into the original folder in storage card

the roms im using are starwars,mb3,mortal kombat, golf, street fighter 3, if i put 1 rom or all of them in there renamed as told,

it comes up

error

can not open

any ideas? sory to be a pain

Guest zizione

Yes it does... I Found it faster than GDI !

It had problems fitting the original 240 pixels width into 160. What I do is suppress one pixel each 3 pixels. On games like arkanoid it does not render as nice as I wish. I'd like to find a quick resizer that gives better results...

I have sorted in

Guys

you have to place 1 rom at a time in the storage card no folder just put the rom in the storage card ...

after you have played any game it then produce a rom.sav file..

you have to delete this file to play the games again or it will just give you a blank screen...... ;)

I think that it guys

zizione> if you find/make code for resizen please let me know, i've been too lazy to mess with resizing and gapi , i've been using StretchBlt for both Doom and my Nes port

There is some code in Doom that might do the trick though , will look into that and let you know

do you have any numbers on the difference in perfomance between gapi and GDI ?

Guest spacecowboy6982

No offence guys but the games for the Nes are pretty crap. I know its an old system, but shouldn't one of our SPV brightsparks be working on somthing a lil' more 90's lol ??

Still think Gnuboy leads the way in SPV gaming pleasure lol !!

SpAcE CoWbOy