crashes after setting to certain ringtones, is this a bug?

Guest Richie from Shanghai

Guest Richie from Shanghai

I bought Liquid on 14 Dec in HK during my trip there last week, everthing was ok until yesterday. Yesterday I got numerous crashes on the phone, after I set the phone's ringtone using one of the pre-set ringtones called 'digital phone'.

I missed a few calls because of the crashes, the screen went black when receiving incoming calls, there was no way I could pick up the calls, then I had to pull off the battery and restart many times, very frustrating! Not knowing the cause, I tried to uninstall apps, even did a hard reset as the last straw. Same thing kept happening until I set ringtone back to the default one.

I wonder whether this is a bug, can any of you Liquid user verify this?

Guest Simon_Chan

I am also using the HK Rom with no mod. I have the same problem as you, whenever I change the ringtone to anything other than the default ones will end up in the "Force Close" loop and I need to put the battery to reset the phone.

I confirm that similar issue happens with the 1.004 EMA ROM. Occasionally incoming calls would lead to frozen screen, and eventually it will say "battery is below 15%" with no way whatsoever to terminate. The only way to fix this is by removing the battery.

Guest pereNoel666

I confirm texact same issue with original 1.001.05-AAP-CSL ROM. Every incoming calls would lead to frozen screen, and eventually it will say "battery is below 15%" with no way whatsoever to terminate. The only way to fix this is by removing the battery. Putting the phone to vibration only is a potential work around.

• 1 month later...