Google Street View

Guest setomoto

Guest chingy1788

Im thinking that Liquids sold in HK/China are blocked... that is all

some one changed their build.prop for the market to work, make making those changes will work here too...

I've tried deleting the existing Maps.apk and reinstalling google maps from the market, but no go

I've tried a hacked MAps.apk to make google nav work everywhere but streetview in that still doesnt work

Im thinking that Liquids sold in HK/China are blocked... that is all

some one changed their build.prop for the market to work, make making those changes will work here too...

I've tried deleting the existing Maps.apk and reinstalling google maps from the market, but no go

I've tried a hacked MAps.apk to make google nav work everywhere but streetview in that still doesnt work

As I said before refering to an official Google document,

You cannot expect any android device to have Street View in China.

For Hong Kong, it is slightly different since you can have it on ROMS that are also shipped in an "authorized" country (e.g. UK).

Hence, if your liquid has EMEA ROM in HK, you'll get Street View. Since CSL is custom ROM, thus HK ONLY, you do not have Street View.

It is a Google limitation. Limitation is implemented on ROM customization. It's not a problem since it is done on purpose by Acer following Google's distribution agreements.

:)

Guest tomdotcom

I live in Hong Kong was have been running the CSL rom for 2 weeks. Just flashed to 1.002.03_EMEA and noticed that "Streets.apk" is in the /system/apps folder.

Maybe this can be extracted from other roms and adb push'd back onto the CSL rom?

Guest navygino
I live in Hong Kong was have been running the CSL rom for 2 weeks. Just flashed to 1.002.03_EMEA and noticed that "Streets.apk" is in the /system/apps folder.

Maybe this can be extracted from other roms and adb push'd back onto the CSL rom?

COOL!!!!!!

You are the man!!!!

I just installed that "Street.apk" and the street view is working on my CSL ROM now!!!!!

You can either install directly or push it into system/app/, both working!!

I can post a download link for the "Street.apk" tonight.

Edited by navygino