Internal Micrphone with Earphones

Guest chingy1788

Guest chingy1788

I have a pair of earphones (no microphone)

I plug them in and listen to music

Then someone calls me

I press answer

I can hear them through the earphones loud and clear

but

they cant hear me at all

I believe the internal microphone has been disabled

Is there a way, an app perhaps, to enable the internal microphone while I'm in a call and using standard earphones

I dont want to use the stock head set as these cause pain in my ears after prolonged use, I can only use in-ear earphones without problems, and the audio is so nice...

I've had this issue with the HTC Dream

From googling, it seems that its not a problem with the Droid...

Guest Richie from Shanghai

It sucks if non stock earphone can not be used for phone conversation. It' kind of annoying when you have to plug the earphone out to get the incoming call. Hope this problem can be fixed soon.

It sucks if non stock earphone can not be used for phone conversation. It' kind of annoying when you have to plug the earphone out to get the incoming call. Hope this problem can be fixed soon.

I do not think it will.

It is a hardware problem.

You have contacts for Mic & Headphones on the same jack 3.5 mm female plug.

Hence, when you plug any male plug in, it makes contact on both parts, mic & headphones on transmitter.

So every sound goes through those two contacts, and if you don't have a mic, you do not get to speak, or to be heard...

Sorry.

Guest chingy1788
I do not think it will.

It is a hardware problem.

You have contacts for Mic & Headphones on the same jack 3.5 mm female plug.

Hence, when you plug any male plug in, it makes contact on both parts, mic & headphones on transmitter.

So every sound goes through those two contacts, and if you don't have a mic, you do not get to speak, or to be heard...

Sorry.

Still possible ;)

just have an app that ignores external mic and only use internal

cmon... my nokia did it and the iphone does it so does the droid...

Edited by chingy1788

• 3 weeks later...
Guest liquid_it
Still possible :)

just have an app that ignores external mic and only use internal

cmon... my nokia did it and the iphone does it so does the droid...

Nothing yet?

Guest liquid_it
nop

I've looked at the android API

nothing i can use...

I did it too, but it looks like we need to access directly to hardware management. So I suppose it's ndk-related, not sdk.

Guest IronFly

worth a try:

ipodiphoneav-review-5.jpg

the jack in the middle is for iphone, if Liquid works in the same way, you can try to insulate the bottom part of the jack and see if mic is still unavailable.

Guest liquid_it

It works the same way, but I suspect internal mic mute is software-driven, something like "if a jack is plugged, no matter what it is, mute it". On nokia phones the os asks you to specify what you plugged, in order to manage the output in the right way, don't know on apple devices.

Guest IronFly
It works the same way, but I suspect internal mic mute is software-driven, something like "if a jack is plugged, no matter what it is, mute it". On nokia phones the os asks you to specify what you plugged, in order to manage the output in the right way, don't know on apple devices.

it seems that it work this way: jack plugged= mute internal mic

Guest trispect

HTC Hero recognized if headset or normalheadphones were plugged in. So with normal headphones there were just headphone icon and phone used internal mic. With headsets there were headset icon and headset mic was used.