[REQ] Help with GT-B7620 aka Giorgio Armani

Guest Ninja_Gundam

Guest Ninja_Gundam

Hello,

I just have brought this pda yesterday. It's very pretty and nice hw too. I've tried already to disable all the samsung stuff's but i can't remove sms manager and others things.. (i've already read the guide of editing registry ecc.ecc.).

Isn't around a clean rom to flash it? Can I flash with a generic b7610 rom or it will not work?

The firmware versions of mine are :

PDA : B7620XXII7

CSC : B7620ITVII7

TELEF. : B7620XXII6

I've found here a rom but too scared to try without a changelog and support (h--p://chomikuj.pl/misiio61/Firmware+Samsung/Firmware/GT-B7620+Armani)

If anyone can help it will be really appreciate coz the ppc is good but full of junkies.

thx

bye :)

WISHLIST :

To do

- Clean 6.5.X Rom without Armani things (Pleaseee someeeeoneee heelpppp ussss or a brave man who would flash with b7610 rom)

- Total way to eradicate or at least disable Armani Apps

- A way to keep settings after a softreset or just power off\on :

- camera app lose options like wdr,antimotion ecc.

- device lose cpu settings like auto\high\low use

- softkeyboard will return to samsung default (i'd like to use "FingerKeyB" for example)

- Software to enable the frontcamera? (it seem to be one afterall)

- Way to remove "Sent Message Notification" (tried with all software but do not work, neither from registry, must be armaniapps...)

Done

- GPS Fix (as in tomtom) with "GpsMod"

- Shuttersound Off (just use the cab in the b7610 tweaks guide)

*FIXED (a bit= not all keys are usable ;) ) (use AEBPlus.v.2.6.6.2) - Something to remapp all hardware buttons (i think someone mentioned a software somewhere...)

*FIXED (a bit=works but no configuration working to calibrate it well) using this : h**p://rapidshare.com/files/312689104/HTCSensorSDK.dll (some games works now) - Working HTC gmotion driver\dll (tried from omniaPro\II no worked B) )

Edited by Ninja_Gundam

Guest .:stn:.
Hello,

I've found here a rom but too scared to try without a changelog and support (h--p://chomikuj.pl/misiio61/Firmware+Samsung/Firmware/GT-B7620+Armani)

This is my friend's upload source for aramani. His firmwares have been flashed to thousands of phones and if user didn't fail there was never any problem with that. So I can assure you when it comes to the quality of source. We are having tons of samsung FW on samsung-mobile.com.pl and the always work.

Nevertheless it will still contain "samsung stuff" you probably won't find a one without unless a custom rom. Which of course may be risky to flash with.

I woulnd't flash it with PRO b7610 ROM though those might be interchangable some of them at leastare (my friend flashed his PRO with Armanis's CSC and it worked). Yet in many cases using the "similar" firmware bricked many phones.

So my advice, wanna flash? - flash it with the one from misiio if it's newer, chceck which one you have (use *#122345# code). But better don't flash with any b7610 it may work of course but is always more risky then witgh original ROM!

Should you have some more questions, ask in this thread.

ed:

your FW is older II = 2009, September

IK =2009, November

ed2:

one more trick that may be useful:

While isntalling language file (CSC) first choose correct package and later only in this package default language!

Packages contain a lot of languages and localizations but also additional software.

Want to have the clanest one choose XEO

(discovered by my friend szpdarek)

Regards,

stn

Edited by .:stn:.

Guest Ninja_Gundam

Wow thx for the fast reply!

I've see already mine is old from the code :II vs IK.. but if u say there is still samsung's things on i will pass..

I hope someone will cook a new clean rom then, i will wait :) and yes, is not safe to crossover with 7610 rom.

Bye

Wow thx for the fast reply!

I've see already mine is old from the code :II vs IK.. but if u say there is still samsung's things on i will pass..

I hope someone will cook a new clean rom then, i will wait :) and yes, is not safe to crossover with 7610 rom.

Bye

as you whis, remember newer Fw editions are done not without a reason. They always contain some bug fixes and improvements. I dunno whether you have wm 6.1 or 6.5 the one from November should already be on 6.5 (Don't expect chanellogs samsung never does it)

Also taking into consideration that you have Amrani.. you may as well leave hope for a custom ROM that soon. PRO is much less popular than O2 and you can see it on forums by number of users and posts.. (support in general) and Armani.. i'ts ever more rare to se someone having that one.

Guest Ninja_Gundam

I know i know.. (i have the 6.5 already btw)

maybe i will flash with the one of yours iste and do a backup again and play to see differences (i didnt found bug for now, just slowiness)

Btw i know Armani is rare edition, but maybe b7610 is identical rom + armani custom images\sounds ecc, i will just wait someone to cook\test a rom :) Thx for those considerations ;)

ps : Can your friend upload them somewhere else? like rapidshare\megaupload? thx

Edited by Ninja_Gundam

I know i know.. (i have the 6.5 already btw)

maybe i will flash with the one of yours iste and do a backup again and play to see differences (i didnt found bug for now, just slowiness)

Btw i know Armani is rare edition, but maybe b7610 is identical rom + armani custom images\sounds ecc, i will just wait someone to cook\test a rom :) Thx for those considerations ;)

ps : Can your friend upload them somewhere else? like rapidshare\megaupload? thx

I'll ask him when I see him.

Guest darkflyer
Hello,

I just have brought this pda yesterday. It's very pretty and nice hw too. I've tried already to disable all the samsung stuff's but i can't remove sms manager and others things.. (i've already read the guide of editing registry ecc.ecc.).

Isn't around a clean rom to flash it? Can I flash with a generic b7610 rom or it will not work?

The firmware versions of mine are :

PDA : B7620XXII7

CSC : B7620ITVII7

TELEF. : B7620XXII6

If anyone can help it will be really appreciate coz the ppc is good but full of junkies.

thx

bye :)

Hello bro.

i have one question for you, can you tell me how much free memory is there after fresh boot? is it better than B7610.

thank you and good luck

Guest Ninja_Gundam

@darkflyer if u mean ram avaible it say 64M on 256M.. but i have installed s2u,Spam alert,sktools and few lil things, if u want to know after a clean room boot u have to wait for me to upgrade.

While isntalling language file (CSC) first choose correct package and later only in this package default language!

Packages contain a lot of languages and localizations but also additional software.

I've tried the site but the language is so complicated for me to understand.. if u can post direct link to rom files i will try to upgrade :)

anyway thx for all the help\info!!

@darkflyer if u mean ram avaible it say 64M on 256M.. but i have installed s2u,Spam alert,sktools and few lil things, if u want to know after a clean room boot u have to wait for me to upgrade.

I've tried the site but the language is so complicated for me to understand.. if u can post direct link to rom files i will try to upgrade :)

anyway thx for all the help\info!!

this is direct link to ROM files.. you can flash without csc - this will leave old language pack you had..

for flashing info look on forum I posted how to do it in one or two topics.. ther's also b7610 service manual - flashing procedure is the same

Edited by .:stn:.

Guest Ninja_Gundam

WTF..

I've upgraded only the rom,

ram free after fresh boot without anything is 54M ? ;) less than before? B)

and it lost the feature of vibrate when u scroll,tap ecc...! B)

ps : it seems to be WINDOWS UPDATE (like in 6,1) i didn't have with original rom, btw useless like always

ps2 : samsung bloatware is still here :o

ps3 : Just a curious thing, when u upgrade, when u have to select language on ppc with hardware keys, it shows keys from B7610... hmmm that let me think... :);;

N.B. : Do not put automated folders es.2577 like i did on internal memory (8GB Section) coz when i've reboot, it hangs on infinite loop :\ (i putted route66 folder found on the cd with Giorgio Armani...)

Edited by Ninja_Gundam

Guest maccc73
WTF..

I've upgraded only the rom,

ram free after fresh boot without anything is 54M ? B) less than before? :o

and it lost the feature of vibrate when u scroll,tap ecc...! :(

ps : it seems to be WINDOWS UPDATE (like in 6,1) i didn't have with original rom, btw useless like always

ps2 : samsung bloatware is still here :D

ps3 : Just a curious thing, when u upgrade, when u have to select language on ppc with hardware keys, it shows keys from B7610... hmmm that let me think... B) ;;

N.B. : Do not put automated folders es.2577 like i did on internal memory (8GB Section) coz when i've reboot, it hangs on infinite loop :\ (i putted route66 folder found on the cd with Giorgio Armani...)

Hello, you explain the procedure for flashing the new ROM?

:) ;) Thanks

Guest Ninja_Gundam

Hmm it must be somewhere in the registry.. if u use magiccall u can just do a rule on missing calls and received sms without blinking led. But directly from the device i dunno... sorry for now.

Chooo

ps : btw b7620 sucks, just 1 led color :) my imate had so many configurations of leds ;)

Guest Ninja_Gundam

Anyone know how to change hardware buttons association?? I can only change the taskmanager button in wm6.5 options :) There are also volume keys, that would be usefull to associate with OK, player button, camera button......

Chooo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ninja_Gundam

:stn: can u delete the post before this? I've added a lil wishlist in the 1st post resuming all the things we need for now on this device to make it "usable" :)

Any news from the guys who posted the updated rom on that pl site? I'd like to know if they can cook a clean rom out from those files....

Thx for help like alwyas!

Chooo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ninja_Gundam

(discovered by my friend szpdarek)

Ok i've dissambled the CSC and in effect it contain few widgets localized,few cabs and some reg for setting opera...

Can u ask what XEO file contain instead?

I will pay around 10€ for have a clean rom out of that garbage,

if u can try to ask and spread on pl forum :);;

Thx

Chooo

Guest sambamans
Done

- GPS Fix (as in tomtom) with "GpsMod"

- Shuttersound Off (just use the cab in the b7610 tweaks guide)

*FIXED (a bit= not all keys are usable :) ) (use AEBPlus.v.2.6.6.2) - Something to remapp all hardware buttons (i think someone mentioned a software somewhere...)

*FIXED (a bit=works but no configuration working to calibrate it well) using this : h**p://rapidshare.com/files/312689104/HTCSensorSDK.dll (some games works now) - Working HTC gmotion driver\dll (tried from omniaPro\II no worked B) )

i have the b7620 also, can you explain a litlle more on the gps fix and tomtom ?

Guest Ninja_Gundam

Install "GpsMod" and reset your device.

In gps settings:

Program port gps : COM4

hardware port gps : COM9

Baudrate : 9600

Automanagement gps : on

I do not use Xtra

In tomtom:

- select gps NMEA

- baud 9600

- try COM4 or GpsModDriver

Chooo

Guest Ninja_Gundam

Another news...

samsung kies not compatibile with B7620 at the moment..... -____-

damned samsung guys! >_> and this was supposed to be the elite model...GRRRRR

Chooo

ps : maybe we can change someregistry settings to emulate B7610 in kies.....

Another news...

samsung kies not compatibile with B7620 at the moment..... -____-

damned samsung guys! >_> and this was supposed to be the elite model...GRRRRR

Chooo

ps : maybe we can change someregistry settings to emulate B7610 in kies.....

don't worry my b7610 has also problems wit KIES :).. ye I've seen some people who alredy upgraded their PROs via it.. the mystery of samsung

• 1 month later...
Guest Ninja_Gundam

Hmm a terrbile thing... when someone ring me for just seconds and i don't answer, my phone say 1 missed call and ok... but it say Anonymous number everytime! >_> Anyone have this problem too? I have also the ring problem, start after few secs of delay, my Imate with 6.1wm didnt have this problem :)

Another thing, maybe some program's fault... when soft reset and lock the phone, when i press to unlock the screen remain black and i will have to remove battery or do another soft reset.. any other have this bug?

Chooo