When is it expected? Any info appreciated :)

Guest Dayzee

I have seen this lovely handset sitting on play.com at £529 on pre order with a release date of 18th of January.

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/-/1017/...earchtype=genre

I have no idea if this is legit or a mistake on behalf of Play.com, but I do know its been listed there for a few weeks now, so you'd think if it was a mistake they'd have corrected it by now...

Hopeful....

Dayzz

Guest squirreleater
I have seen this lovely handset sitting on play.com at £529 on pre order with a release date of 18th of January.

I have no idea if this is legit or a mistake on behalf of Play.com, but I do know its been listed there for a few weeks now, so you'd think if it was a mistake they'd have corrected it by now...

Hopeful....

Dayzz

Can't see it myself, It was supposed to be early 2010, then Feb got mentioned- I forget the date- but that now seems to have slipped as there has been next to nothing about it recently. You'd of thought if it was coming out in Jan the videos/screenshots etc would be out there much more by now.

Typical SE I'm afraid, they tend to put phones back and back.......

There is a decent phone supposed to be officially announced on the 5th Jan..........

http://android.modaco.com/content/general-...us-one-on-here/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest josifbg

The rumors said that the phone is expected to be released by the end of feb. they are changing the software from scratch at the moment.

The phone will run on Android 1.6 and a month or so latter they will release 2.0 or 2.1 update.

Wondering if it`s possible to be rooted :)

The rumors said that the phone is expected to be released by the end of feb. they are changing the software from scratch at the moment.

The phone will run on Android 1.6 and a month or so latter they will release 2.0 or 2.1 update.

Wondering if it`s possible to be rooted :)

Its already out on sale in Asia for around £650 as I heard. Android 1.6 is what I saw as well. I ve never had a Sony Ericsson before and not sure how frequently they release software update.

There has also been some photo/news online about this "X10 Mini" ("Robyn" as it is called), very compact in size..

Guest Mantisen

Well, as far as I've understood (from Swedish newssites, interviews, etc.) SE is really putting alot of effort into their Android development (as can be seen in the screenshots for examle B)), they will even be starting a AppStore of their own and have put up a dev. competition for Android apps with money winnings.

If this is good or bad thing only time can tell, for example it might be a bad thing that they make such extensive changes in the Android OS because it means upgrading to later versions of the OS will be a bitch, and it will take SE time to get an update out ;)

But perhaps they can rectify stuff that Google miss in their rush to get new versions out, like a good Exchange sync? :)

Guest glossywhite

Sony... ugh!. Possibly one of the most over-rated and unethical companies around. No thanks, you can keep it; I'd rather not support a company that install trojans in people's PCs, and DRMs their audio CDs so that you are prevented from playing them unless you installed their player (which is what caused the rootkit trojan to start spying on you). I wouldn't put it past them to spy on your mobile data, either.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest josifbg
Its already out on sale in Asia for around £650 as I heard. Android 1.6 is what I saw as well. I ve never had a Sony Ericsson before and not sure how frequently they release software update.

There has also been some photo/news online about this "X10 Mini" ("Robyn" as it is called), very compact in size..

Well i am not sure where you are hearing this rumors but definitely the phone is still in production and is simply impossible to be out of sale!

Robin.. yeah this is the smallest smart phone i`ve ever seen :) is`t really small and cute 2.6 inch and it`s with the same design of the X10 B) I hope to be able to show you some pics next week.

Guest josifbg
Apparently it will be out in the UK next month:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xper...h-news-1370.php

I really doubt about that...

The new test1 soft is about to popup W3-5 which means the beginning of feb...

Edit: test2 is w9-10 which means the begging of march.....

April is more realistic release date :)

Edited by josifbg

apparently news that HERO will be getting an 2.1 update in Feb. Doubt it that SE will release the X10 on android 1.6, which means its probably gonna take them a couple of extra weeks to integrate android 2.1. I would say March/April, possibly around the same time as HTC releases Bravo.

Guest Mantisen
apparently news that HERO will be getting an 2.1 update in Feb. Doubt it that SE will release the X10 on android 1.6, which means its probably gonna take them a couple of extra weeks to integrate android 2.1. I would say March/April, possibly around the same time as HTC releases Bravo.

And one must not forget that SE, almost, always releases stuff later then planned! I can't really remember the last time they released something when they said they would :)

I ll have an HTC over SE any day..though my girlfriend is very keen on the white colour and design for the X10 :) Have to give SE the credit for how the phone looks :)

Guest zippyioa

Hopeful....

Dayzz

Looks like Play have updated their site http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/-/1017/...earchtype=genre they have also dropped the price and put the date back a month!!

Zippyioa

Edited by zippyioa

Guys, the phone will not come to the market before the end or March. Week 13. Believe me. This based on the test schedule and and the SW release dates for it.

Edited by horror