Photo

[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
478 replies to this topic

luvgirl12345

luvgirl12345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:HTC hero

Iv been trying to use a new memory card in the phone but whenever i change it the phone wont boot up, it just sits on the screen that says android, also the phone does the same with the memory card out of it so it only boots with the original memory card. Any ideas?

do you have apps2sd?

poults

poults

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
No, i dont use that.

izmar

izmar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero GSM
Has the trackball been fixed in 3.0.1? I see about two months ago the OP mentioned 3.1 but have yet to see an update... The trackball is really the only thing holding me back from this rom.

luvgirl12345

luvgirl12345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Has the trackball been fixed in 3.0.1? I see about two months ago the OP mentioned 3.1 but have yet to see an update... The trackball is really the only thing holding me back from this rom.

the rom is really good... why do you need the trackball?

AychTeeSee

AychTeeSee

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Android development (of course), programming, computers in general, electrical engineering, playing tennis and writing.
  • Devices:Nexus One + HTC Hero
  • Twitter:@aychteesee
Hi Everyone;

Unfortunately, I've run into some real life issues that have made it difficult to allocate time to developing this ROM. For now, if you want a fast vanilla 2.1 ROM with full hardware support, try out Vanillain (http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=656828). Hopefully I'll be able to work on this ROM in the future, but nprussel seems to have done a fine job removing the HTC bits from the Eris dump. Fortunately, HTC hasn't integrated sense into the core framework as much in their 2.1 ROM, making it easier to experience full vanilla.

Hope to be developing again soon,
Andrew :P

Edited by AychTeeSee, 05 April 2010 - 02:51 AM.

izmar

izmar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero GSM

the rom is really good... why do you need the trackball?

Uhm... Because it's an essential part of my phone? Especially for text editing.

Hope to see you back here soon AychTeeSee!

luvgirl12345

luvgirl12345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Hi Everyone;

Unfortunately, I've run into some real life issues that have made it difficult to allocate time to developing this ROM. For now, if you want a fast vanilla 2.1 ROM with full hardware support, try out Vanillain (http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=656828). Hopefully I'll be able to work on this ROM in the future, but nprussel seems to have done a fine job removing the HTC bits from the Eris dump. Fortunately, HTC hasn't integrated sense into the core framework as much in their 2.1 ROM, making it easier to experience full vanilla.

ok... well im still going to use 3.1... Its just Too good. Im not switching to 2.1 because it laggs alot (compared to this rom). good luck with your life and any other developing your going to do in the future!!
luvgirl12345

masterpfa

masterpfa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Music, art, history, photography and traveling
    Not done much of any of these lately!
  • Devices:Nexus 5/Nexus 4/Tegra Note 7
  • Twitter:@masterpfa

Hi Everyone;

So sorry to hear that Andrew
Wishing all the best and Many thanks from us all for all you efforts in the past.
It's been a pleasure!
Hopefully see you here again sometime
Perrin

LG Nexus 5 (32Gb Black)

LG Nexus 4
Galaxy Nexus
Advent Tegra Note 7

dropbox.png DropBox referal link
Click to get Dropbox and to get an extra free 250mb for us both

luvgirl12345

luvgirl12345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
has anyone got swype working on this rom? it doesn't recognize the rom as a htc hero and tells me its an invalid device... it works on modaco...

AychTeeSee

AychTeeSee

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Android development (of course), programming, computers in general, electrical engineering, playing tennis and writing.
  • Devices:Nexus One + HTC Hero
  • Twitter:@aychteesee

has anyone got swype working on this rom? it doesn't recognize the rom as a htc hero and tells me its an invalid device... it works on modaco...

You might need to replace the build.prop in the system directory of the ROM with MoDaCo's.

Andrew

norpan111

norpan111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:htc hero
If you only could fix trackball or a just as fast 2.1 ROM i would spend my life worshiping you!

luvgirl12345

luvgirl12345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
two questions:

1. could you make a update.zip for the build.prop
2. could you add overclocking to 700mhz?

brilliantbenayoun

brilliantbenayoun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Hi Everyone,

Absolutely love this rom, its fantastic. I just have one small problem, I cant send smses! Im in Sweden on the Telenor network, with an HTC Hero. Any ideas what I can do?

tyson1231

tyson1231

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i LOVE this rom!! Love the simplicity and pure vanilla android.

However, I was having a problem which forced me to switch back to the factory rom.

I am situated in Australia, and for some reason, my phone kept sending "International SMS" to somewhere and it had used $30aud of my credit in less than 1 day.

I found someone with similar problem to mine in forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1101283.ht ml, however I don't think the rom comes with 'myfave' app.

Funny thing is my phone started sending out International SMSes as soon as I switched on my phone after I first flashed it and it seems like they got sent out whenever I was using the GPS. I tried to switched off "GPS" from location setting, and deleted all APNs from my phone and it was still sending smses whenever I switched on my phone??

it's a shame I can't be using this rom. I figured AychTeeSee is busy (Hope all goes well for you mate, and thanks for the rom :rolleyes: ) but does anyone here know what I can do to fix this or have any idea why it is doing this?

agne987

agne987

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I've tried a few 2.1 roms but they all had some issues I didn't like. This rom is awsome and lightning fast almost no use for overclock widget. If the issue with headset toggle is fixed this is by far the best rom for hero.

Thanks for all your hard work.

nellisere

nellisere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i love this rom, are you stil developing? could you fix the trackball? i love AOSP, not a big sense fan, i only like the Sense camera, and love the 1.5 launcher (draw)

toxic-hero

toxic-hero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Devices:htc hero, latest froydVillain

i love this rom, are you stil developing? could you fix the trackball? i love AOSP, not a big sense fan, i only like the Sense camera, and love the 1.5 launcher (draw)

forget this, it's really old!!! you can find hero roms for every taste here (including AOSP).

antros48

antros48

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC HERO GSM
Can anyone plsss help me with my phone?? I was trying to upgrade the firmware and something got wrong. I was reading all these posts about rooting but iam not an expert at all and i would like a really simple and guiding process to install a recovery image (it seems that there is no recovery image installed) and root it so i can upgrade it.. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users