Nexus one to Launch officially 5th January

Guest squirreleater

Guest squirreleater

Google are set to officially launch the Nexus one on the 5th of January.

Google have sent out invites to select people to attend an 'Android event' at Mountain view on the 5th of January. This is hotly rumoured to be the official launch of the Nexus one, aka the 'Google Phone'.

I will update this post with news as and when it is released on the 5th, for now the Gossip and rumours are suggesting:

• The phone is made by HTC, codenamed the HTC Passion, it does look rather similar to the HTC 'Bravo', another phone set for a 2010 release
  • It will cost $530 unlocked and $180 on a T-mobile USA contract
  • 1GHz SnapDragon CPU
  • 512MB of RAM and ROM
  • 3.7 inch AMOLED screen
  • 5MP camera with LED flash
  • Google will sell it direct via the Web

Please be kind, this is my first post as a member of the Modaco news team!

Stuart.

Guest joners

Great first post!

Just throught that id note that Paul has been busy at work on the nexus one already, they root access enabled on the early handsets that have been given out to the googlers and its been suggested that these will work on the release revisions.

There is a device specific sub forum located here.

http://android.modaco.com/category/426/goo...one-modaco-com/

Oh i cant wait.....waiting with cash in hand. Just hope that there will be a UK variant.

Guest squirreleater
Great first post!

Just throught that id note that Paul has been busy at work on the nexus one already, they root access enabled on the early handsets that have been given out to the googlers and its been suggested that these will work on the release revisions.

There is a device specific sub forum located here.

http://android.modaco.com/category/426/goo...one-modaco-com/

Oh i cant wait.....waiting with cash in hand. Just hope that there will be a UK variant.

Thanks.

I'm also just waiting with a credit card for info on where to buy......

I hope Tuesday doesn't leave us all disapointed.

Stu.

Guest squirreleater
Thanks.

I'm also just waiting with a credit card for info on where to buy......

I hope Tuesday doesn't leave us all disapointed.

Stu.

Just had a horrible thought, there are also rumours of an android running HTC built tablet ... maybe we've all got the wrong end of the stick and the nexus one isn't going to be the big wow launch we're all hoping for?

Hope not.....

I think I was the first in the UK to have theirs delivered at 9am Thursday morning...

very nice phone, but absolutely no synch with outlook on my PC, its very much a "in the cloud device" so Im either going to have to synch to Gmail or get my mail shoved over to an Exchange server.

Otherwise its very fast.. but, whether its me or not, the four buttons (well press to make them work fixed menu icons) don't exactly seem responsive.. I'm sure I will get the hang of it in time.

Guest squirreleater
I think I was the first in the UK to have theirs delivered at 9am Thursday morning...

very nice phone, but absolutely no synch with outlook on my PC, its very much a "in the cloud device" so Im either going to have to synch to Gmail or get my mail shoved over to an Exchange server.

Otherwise its very fast.. but, whether its me or not, the four buttons (well press to make them work fixed menu icons) don't exactly seem responsive.. I'm sure I will get the hang of it in time.

Paul (Modaco) tweeted just now that you need to press just above the buttons.

Guest smartmove08

I am currently using Touch Diamond and am considering moving over to Android but the lack of good sync options for my Outlook contacts and calendar is worrying me. However, there do seem to be a few systems which claim to seamlessly sync Outlook with a Google account and then your phone syncs with that, I just need to hear from people that this really does work before I take the plunge.

Guest squirreleater
I am currently using Touch Diamond and am considering moving over to Android but the lack of good sync options for my Outlook contacts and calendar is worrying me. However, there do seem to be a few systems which claim to seamlessly sync Outlook with a Google account and then your phone syncs with that, I just need to hear from people that this really does work before I take the plunge.

yes, it works fine, I have my business partners calendar sync to mine via google, I then sync the google calendar to my outlook- everything is now synced over the air from both of our PC's.

Sync your google calender to your outlook calendar and it'll then sync to the phone perfectly. I Just entered my outlook email details as normal to the phone and receive my email fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.