• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ntt4

Ntt4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Hi all,
My G1 is slowly either outgrowing me or dying. I can't tell wether it is getting slower or if that is just me wanting something faster:/

Anyways, Im thinking of getting a new android phone But I don't know what to get...

Im stuck between the Motorola Milestone (DROID) and the Google Nexus One.
Those are the only two that I am considering, as in the UK there is only a £40 difference between the two...

Any ideas what to get?
(Im leaning towards the N1)

...XDA REPOST...

Edited by Ntt4, 06 January 2010 - 07:07 PM.

Rocky7

Rocky7

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Hi all,
My G1 is slowly either outgrowing me or dying. I can't tell wether it is getting slower or if that is just me wanting something faster:/

Anyways, Im thinking of getting a new android phone But I don't know what to get...

Im stuck between the Motorola Milestone (DROID) and the Google Nexus One.
Those are the only two that I am considering, as in the UK there is only a £40 difference between the two...

Any ideas what to get?
(Im leaning towards the N1)
...XDA REPOST...

I love my milestone but its well heavy and very industrial looking and I like the keyboard but since installing Swype I haven't used the h/w keyboard at all.

Just about every ROM cooker has just gone out and bought a Nexus One.

So I'd say nexus One ... the only thing its missing is a release version of Swype and the Sense UI.

Edited by Rocky7, 06 January 2010 - 07:17 PM.

Ntt4

Ntt4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Thanks for the input. I like the milestone simply because I have got a G1, but I thought, like you said, That most peeps now would go and buy a Nexus, so that seems the logical choice.

And anyways, I don't like the sense UI (Shock). It just seems too slow for me, well on the G1 it does.

I've got another 13 hours before I buy one. Just need more backup on the debate. :)

siksik6

siksik6

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Interests:Phones...duh :) Drinking, eating, and breathing mainly.
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@markdotpeters5
I've just ordered a Nexus one to replace my Milestone. Motorola are treating their European customers badly with the (lack of) firmware updates, so for that reason alone, unless you MUST have a hardware keyboard, get the Nexus one.

It'll last longer too, with the faster processor, as you obviously keep your phones for longer than 5 minutes, unlike me! :)

Ntt4

Ntt4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I've just ordered a Nexus one to replace my Milestone. Motorola are treating their European customers badly with the (lack of) firmware updates, so for that reason alone, unless you MUST have a hardware keyboard, get the Nexus one.

It'll last longer too, with the faster processor, as you obviously keep your phones for longer than 5 minutes, unlike me! :)

I think I can live without a physical keyboard to be honest. Although it is a nice feature, but I would rather have something from a Company I trust.

Can someone just clear me up on this....

Is the N1's screen multitouch ? Can it be enabled via CF ?

Edited by Ntt4, 07 January 2010 - 03:43 PM.

joners

joners

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Devices:Dream, Omnia, X1, Nexus One
  • Twitter:@strikesbac

I think I can live without a physical keyboard to be honest. Although it is a nice feature, but I would rather have something from a Company I trust.

Can someone just clear me up on this....

Is the N1's screen multitouch ? Can it be enabled via CF ?

Yes it is multitouch, a cyanogen mod rom is coming up later today/tomorrow to support that.

Also you can already have multitouch in the browser if you download the dolphin browser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users