Hmm... (Buying tomorrow)

Guest Ntt4

Hi all,

My G1 is slowly either outgrowing me or dying. I can't tell wether it is getting slower or if that is just me wanting something faster:/

Anyways, Im thinking of getting a new android phone But I don't know what to get...

Im stuck between the Motorola Milestone (DROID) and the Google Nexus One.

Those are the only two that I am considering, as in the UK there is only a £40 difference between the two...

Any ideas what to get?

(Im leaning towards the N1)

...XDA REPOST...

Edited by Ntt4

Guest Rocky7
Hi all,

My G1 is slowly either outgrowing me or dying. I can't tell wether it is getting slower or if that is just me wanting something faster:/

Anyways, Im thinking of getting a new android phone But I don't know what to get...

Im stuck between the Motorola Milestone (DROID) and the Google Nexus One.

Those are the only two that I am considering, as in the UK there is only a £40 difference between the two...

Any ideas what to get?

(Im leaning towards the N1)

...XDA REPOST...

I love my milestone but its well heavy and very industrial looking and I like the keyboard but since installing Swype I haven't used the h/w keyboard at all.

Just about every ROM cooker has just gone out and bought a Nexus One.

So I'd say nexus One ... the only thing its missing is a release version of Swype and the Sense UI.

Edited by Rocky7

Thanks for the input. I like the milestone simply because I have got a G1, but I thought, like you said, That most peeps now would go and buy a Nexus, so that seems the logical choice.

And anyways, I don't like the sense UI (Shock). It just seems too slow for me, well on the G1 it does.

I've got another 13 hours before I buy one. Just need more backup on the debate. :)

Guest markdotpeters5

I've just ordered a Nexus one to replace my Milestone. Motorola are treating their European customers badly with the (lack of) firmware updates, so for that reason alone, unless you MUST have a hardware keyboard, get the Nexus one.

It'll last longer too, with the faster processor, as you obviously keep your phones for longer than 5 minutes, unlike me! :)

I've just ordered a Nexus one to replace my Milestone. Motorola are treating their European customers badly with the (lack of) firmware updates, so for that reason alone, unless you MUST have a hardware keyboard, get the Nexus one.

It'll last longer too, with the faster processor, as you obviously keep your phones for longer than 5 minutes, unlike me! :)

I think I can live without a physical keyboard to be honest. Although it is a nice feature, but I would rather have something from a Company I trust.

Can someone just clear me up on this....

Is the N1's screen multitouch ? Can it be enabled via CF ?

Edited by Ntt4

Guest joners
I think I can live without a physical keyboard to be honest. Although it is a nice feature, but I would rather have something from a Company I trust.

Can someone just clear me up on this....

Is the N1's screen multitouch ? Can it be enabled via CF ?

Yes it is multitouch, a cyanogen mod rom is coming up later today/tomorrow to support that.

Also you can already have multitouch in the browser if you download the dolphin browser