After upgrading to 1.004.00-EMEA-GEN1...

Guest pete.major

Guest pete.major

After upgrading to 1.004.00-EMEA-GEN1 I can't see some of my paid apps

pure calendar

Record it

note everything pro

Is this because it's an unofficial ROM or something?

Thanks for any help.

The surprising thing to me is that you EVER had access to those copy-protected apps. What version were you at before upgrading? I'm on 1.002.05-EMEA-GEN1 (stock, pre-installed on the phone) and I can't see any copy-protected apps which I largely suspect is because Acer hasn't given Google the build signature for that version. I saw someone post in another thread that 1.002.03-EMEA-GEN1 might not have this problem but I've not seen any confirmation of it from anyone else.

Edited by Uxian

Guest pete.major
The surprising thing to me is that you EVER had access to those copy-protected apps. What version were you at before upgrading? I'm on 1.002.05-EMEA-GEN1 (stock, pre-installed on the phone) and I can't see any copy-protected apps which I largely suspect is because Acer hasn't given Google the build signature for that version. I saw someone post in another thread that 1.002.03-EMEA-GEN1 might not have this problem but I've not seen any confirmation of it from anyone else.

I was on stock 1.002.03-EMEA-GEN1 before...

pure calendar

Record it

note everything pro

Is this because it's an unofficial ROM or something?

Thanks for any help.

Quote from WVGA:

Once your device is rooted, you'll go to adb console and type :

adb pull /system/build.prop c:\*any location you want*

you'll go into this location to open build.prop with Notepad or Notepad++ or any blocknote editor

and you'll modify fingerprint numbers everywhere you find them with 091121.121510 instead of original value (no matter what it is, it will be the same numbers formation xxxxxx.xxxxxx)

then save

and go back to adb console and type

adb remount

adb push c:\*any location where you put the file*\build.prop /system/build.prop

Then you'll have to clean boot your device (you'll lose everything you have on internal memory, not on SD card) by holding + and - volume buttons (both) at boot screen (Acer logo on black screen). It will ask you "Do you want to boot screen" you switch with - volume and hit camera button to say YES.

Guest pete.major
Quote from WVGA:

you'll go into this location to open build.prop with Notepad or Notepad++ or any blocknote editor

and you'll modify fingerprint numbers everywhere you find them with 091121.121510 instead of original value (no matter what it is, it will be the same numbers formation xxxxxx.xxxxxx)

then save

adb remount

Then you'll have to clean boot your device (you'll lose everything you have on internal memory, not on SD card) by holding + and - volume buttons (both) at boot screen (Acer logo on black screen). It will ask you "Do you want to boot screen" you switch with - volume and hit camera button to say YES.

Thanks dude... I did find another post will all that information EXCEPT the 091121...... that's great. thanks for your help!

Sadly a clear of the market cache didn't work for me on 1.002.05; I even went as far as erasing everything in the /data/data/com.android.vending directory but to no avail. Finally bit the bullet and wiped with all the associated hassle of re-installing stuff and that's done the trick now. Thanks. At least with the Liquid's nice CPU I can just queue up all the installs unlike the G1 where 2 simultaneous app installs would pretty much lock up the device.

Edited by Uxian

Guest liquid_it

What I did is killing Market app, clearing cache and data from Market app and Google Apps, pushing new build.prop and rebooting.

To force refresh I set clock to 23.59 (11.59 pm) and waited a couple of minutes then started market app. I had to set back by gmail w/ password, and then it just worked!

Guest navygino
Quote from WVGA:

then save

adb remount

I found that it is not working with CSL build.prop.......