Modaco Exclusive: WM 6.5.X Build 23551 WORKING STOCK ROM- V3

Guest lioryte

Guest lioryte

Credits:

As much as I like I can't take credit for this build ;). This work of genius was done by a WoZZeR who has asked me to publish it. All Credit Goes to him.

Structure of this topic:

Post 1 will have info, polls, etc.

Post 2 will have FAQ's and trouble shooting

Post 3 will have suggestions that will be done on the next release

Disclaimer- a must read!

This ROM is for the i910 only. You need to have CF03 installed in order to flash this ROM. Flashing may cause your device to enter a mode known as " brick ". While in this mode your device can and will perform the same way a brick does. By flashing your phone you agree not to hold WoZZeR and/or lioryte accountable for any damages to your phone. Flash at your own risk B)

So what do we have here?

Its the ORIGINAL, 100% Working VZ STOCK build on the latest WM COM5. Everything works/ should work. Including the widgets,Samsung today screens, VZ Touch Player, etc.

Did you ever think "How great would it be to have CF03, but a finger friendly version?"

From one end of the spectrum- Base ROM to the other end- Fully Loaded Stock VZ ROM

On this ROM release I am open to suggestions, we'll have fun with this, what to take out, what to change, etc.

So here we are, V3 is currently up

Taken out-

V1, Jan 11 2010- Sample Music

V2, Jan 15 2010- Alignment Screen, Visual Voice Mail, Verizon Navigator

V3, April 7 2010- Large Display (Old WM 6.1 Menu), WM 6.1 Themes, File Explorer Ext.

Added-

Applications

TellMe

Small Menu Icons

Reg tweaks:

Allowing installs without prompts, allowing receiving of large MMS files, Samsung Today 2,WMP enhancements, GPS Settings in menu, low battery indication is visible, disable keyboard auto-pop

Images and Download- click on the image to download

stock1e.gif

All Donations to this project will be split between WoZZeR and myself. This has been a very dehydrating project :)

Edited by lioryte

Guest lioryte

FAQ's and Trouble Shooting

FAQ's

* Does this has the NF3.5/ New Office/ Microsoft My Phone/ MarketPlace/ WM6.5 Widgets? Yes, WM 6.5.X comes with it. It's standard. I didn't move anything out.

* Opera 10 Beta is in

* How to get the Stock ROM imprint off? Use THIS .cab file to remove it.

TroubleShotting

* OK soft button isn't working in Menu->Settings->Personal->Phone. Map OK to a hard button (Menu->Settings->Personal->Buttons)

* To have self imprint LOGO, use a registry editor and change the following

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\DeviceBeta] 

"Today"="INSERT YOUR TEXT HERE FOR BIG FONTS" 

"Expiry"="INSERT YOUR TEXT HERE FOR SMALLER FONTS" 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\DeviceBeta] 

"About"=""

Edited by lioryte

Guest lioryte

For the next release (V2, Jan 15, 2010) (To Do List)

1. Change the stock Opera to the Opera 10-->Done
  2. Take out VZ Nav and maybe VVM, leave VZ App store in?-->Done
  3. Poll about kinetic scrolling (FTouch)
  4. Disable Alignment screen-->Done
To Do List, for the next release (V3)
  1. Change WM6.1 Themes (Poll)- Done
  2. Add Enhanced File Explorer- Done
  3. Add a free editor app to settings- Not Done
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna flash back to my Base ROM :) Edited by lioryte

Guest dbsimms63

I see this is a WM 6.5 version, nice! I have a few suggestions.  One I have would be to change the stock Opera to the Opera 10, I really like it and wish I could get rid of standard Opera on my i910. Also, I would LOVE to see the BT fix that the i900 folks have that enable Voice command to function the way it should by announcing incoming calls via BT headset. The current iteration allows for incoming messages, but when a call comes in, the announcement comes through the phones sopeaker and not my headset, and I have tried several, Jawbone 2, Jawbone Prime, Plantronics Voyager Pro, Blue Ant, so I know it has something to do with the BT stack that is used. I had read on an i900 board that someone had a fix and WISH it could be implemented on the i910. I hope this helps and keep up the good work guys. 

Edited by dbsimms63

Guest Markwin
Credits:

As much as I like I can't take credit for this build ;) . This work of genius was done by a WoZZeR who has asked me to publish it. All Credit Goes to him.

Structure of this topic:

Post 1 will have info, polls, etc.

Post 2 will have FAQ's and trouble shooting

Post 3 will have suggestions that will be done on the next release

Disclaimer- a must read!

This ROM is for the i910 only. You need to have CF03 installed in order to flash this ROM. Flashing may cause your device to enter a mode known as " brick ". While in this mode your device can and will perform the same way a brick does. By flashing your phone you agree not to hold WoZZeR and/or lioryte accountable for any damages to your phone. Flash at your own risk B)

So what do we have here?

Its the ORIGINAL, 100% Working VZ STOCK build on the latest WM COM5. Everything works/ should work. Including the widgets,Samsung today screens, VZ Touch Player, etc.

Did you ever think "How great would it be to have CF03, but a finger friendly version?"

From one end of the spectrum- Base ROM to the other end- Fully Loaded Stock VZ ROM

On this ROM release I am open to suggestions, we'll have fun with this, what to take out, what to change, etc.

So here we are, day 1 of the release

Taken out-

Sample Music

Added-

Reg tweaks:

Allowing installs without prompts, allowing receiving of large MMS files, Samsung Today 2.

Images and Download- click on the image to download

stock1e.gif

All Donations to this project will be split between WoZZeR and myself. This has been a very dehydrating project :)

Please remove the VZ teaser apps.

VZ AppZone

VZ Navigator

Visual Voice Mail

ShoZU

(anything else VZ wants me to pay for)

Thx

Guest popsinger

VZ AppZone

VZ Navigator

Visual Voice Mail

ShoZU

Thx

I thought the reason why they are there is because this is a Verizon "Stock" Rom!!! If I don't want them there, I would be looking at a custom rom or a base rom. Wow, here we go again...

Guest lioryte

VZ AppZone

VZ Navigator

Visual Voice Mail

ShoZU

Thx

I'll poll 'em. I want to keep this one as stock as possible. Lots of people using VVM, I know some who use/like VZ Nav sice it is faster. ShoZu I don't know anyone who is using, but I'll poll it

Nice ROM two comments:

Where's WiFi ?

Is it my eyeballs or are the icons fuzzy?

Well,

WiFi is where it should be at. Download it and try it out

Icons are bigger than on WM6.1 so they look strange. Install THIS cab to make them smaller

Guest Markwin
I thought the reason why they are there is because this is a Verizon "Stock" Rom!!! If I don't want them there, I would be looking at a custom rom or a base rom. Wow, here we go again...

Fair enough, but does anyone actually want (or pay for) that stuff?

Guest lioryte

LOL I know, next thing you know you'll see a new post: "I'm looking for a ROM w/o any VZ apps or with M2D, anybody seen one?"

Guest rtimi28

I love your work, however using all the necessary stock and tweaking could you build a different version but this time using b7300 omnia lite apps that way it might look like an upgraded omnia. I know this is tough but I'm not as good as you are so if you could build this for everyone with omnia in mind and not htc minded ones :) B)

Interesting effort. I think many people (first time flashers) would be interested in this since what you end up with is a finger friendly version of the phone people bought and understand.

At this point in time it is not what I would look for but was when I first started hunting for a ROM.

You do also end up with a little more memory and it may be worthwhile pursuing removing some things that people don't use like Shozu. Even if you were to remove VVM, VZApp, and VZNav you still have a stock ROM without the bloat and those apps reinstall themselves anyway when you buy them since the installed apps are already out of date.

I also like the idea of and Omnia Lite ROM for the Omnia with as many replacement apps as possible from the Omnia Lite. Next project maybe.

Build it and they will come!

Good luck and enjoy

Guest ivan2006

I see this and just want to try it. I am currently running Lioryte's 23518 rom and couldn't be happier. I espcially like the day of the week view on the titanium clock which i have never seen anyone else use in their roms. It's kinda sad the forum is getting smaller when the roms are at their best. It's all your guys work and creativity that is going to keep me from running to the v-store the day my upgrade is available. Thanks for all your hard work.

Guest rustymcbain

Look can you make this in black, with all the russian black apps. This is exactly what I have been trying to pull off but never seem to get it to function right. If he did that's great!!! Just would like it black!!!! Using the cabs burns way too much memory, but if you removed the VZ crap and Shozu you would have plenty of space... in theory.

Guest popsinger

i give up! they ask for base/lite roms and then when you give it to them, they want you to add more stuff. when you add the stuff, they say it's too much so they just want a base/lite rom which they can customize themselves which is actually what you gave them to begin with. then some ask for a "stock" rom which is what this is. loaded with what it came with when you got it at the store except it's running on upgraded o/s. "stock" but now, they want stuff removed or changed also which will make it non stock. i can't understand and this is going on and on and on and on and on...people, if you don't like it, build your own!!!

Guest popsinger

I also like the idea of and Omnia Lite ROM for the Omnia with as many replacement apps as possible from the Omnia Lite. Next project maybe.

/quote]

Lioryte,

like what we said earlier, now they're looking for a base/lite rom or maybe a custom rom with as many "replacement apps" as possible? WOW!

Edited by popsinger

Lioryte,

like we what we said earlier, now they're looking for a base/lite rom...since there are many "replacement apps". WOW!

You missed my point.

1) I could care less about this ROM

2) I was suggesting a next project with Omnia Lite apps.

3) I did not ASK for anything

I have had enough of people taking my words out of context or just simply not being capable of understanding what I said. I obviously have nothing to contribute to this thread so I will stay out of it.

Guest ivan2006

"On this ROM release I am open to suggestions, we'll have fun with this, what to take out, what to change, etc."

:So here we are, day 1 of the release."

From Post Number #1 so let's please not get off track.

Guest popsinger
Lioryte,

like what we said earlier, now they're looking for a base/lite rom or a custom rom with as many "replacement apps". WOW!

You missed my point.

I have had enough of people taking my words out of context or just simply not being capable of understanding what I said. I obviously have nothing to contribute to this thread so I will stay out of it.

sorry i did not mean to offend but yes, i am capable of understanding. i'll just leave it at that for now.

Edited by popsinger

Guest lioryte
Lioryte,

like we what we said earlier, now they're looking for a base/lite rom...since there are many "replacement apps". WOW!

You missed my point.

sorry i did not mean to offend but yes, i am capable of understanding. i'll just leave it at that for now.

OK. First I would like NilsE to contribute as well as pop. I did get what NilsE was saying.

I have a few issues with this build, being stock I don't want to take too much stuff off it, but the stuff that's there I wouldn't mind upgrading, things like Opera, etc.

I would like to get more reg tweaks in it but I don't want to be the one deciding which one. This is a gift ROM, given to me/us by WoZZeR.

I want our little, soon to be extinct community to throw in their $0.02. I see from the polls and post that people are feeling very strongly about the VZ apps. I'll poll them next.

Anyhow, I am asking for opinions. Every opinion counts. Post that are asking to make this into a M2D ROM/ Base ROM will be ignored.

Also, the people who have d/l this, let us know what you think, is stock working better on a new WM 6.5.X build? Is everything working like it should?

Guest rustymcbain

popsinger

Dude you really need to cool your jets and read this thread, it's not a "base " rom. It's "stock". meaning includes original oem apps. Second Lioryte included a section for suggestions, I beleive his intent was for us to suggest things that would make this rom more operational but not lose sight that it is a "stock" rom. Because a "base" rom wouldn't have so many apps installed.

Edited by rustymcbain

Guest rustymcbain
OK. First I would like NilsE to contribute as well as pop. I did get what NilsE was saying.

I have a few issues with this build, being stock I don't want to take too much stuff off it, but the stuff that's there I wouldn't mind upgrading, things like Opera, etc.

I would like to get more reg tweaks in it but I don't want to be the one deciding which one. This is a gift ROM, given to me/us by WoZZeR.

I want our little, soon to be extinct community to throw in their $0.02. I see from the polls and post that people are feeling very strongly about the VZ apps. I'll poll them next.

Anyhow, I am asking for opinions. Every opinion counts. Post that are asking to make this into a M2D ROM/ Base ROM will be ignored.

Also, the people who have d/l this, let us know what you think, is stock working better on a new WM 6.5.X build? Is everything working like it should?

Lioryte

-A couple things I have noticed, you can get lost in the double start menu buttons. A reg fix will shut one down right?

- When going into the settings menu through Easy Settings takes you to 6.1 settings menus, I assume another reg fix will correct this as well?

Other wise i like it, kinda gay i guess but none of the other UI's really work as smooth as the Original Omnia Ui :)