• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Yo Mama

Yo Mama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
Well, I tried installing the .cab today and got the same error - presumably because shell32.exe is in ROM. So I launch RescoExplorer and copy shell32.exe into \Windows. Then I reset the phone and it freezes up on the WoZZer screen that says to touch the top taskbar. So I am now re-flashing V2 to the phone and going to try again with TotalCommander.

Edit:
Just repeated steps with TotalCommander and got the same result. Stuck at the screen that says "WoZZeR's Stock ROM WM 6.5.X Build 23518 Tap the Top taskbar to Start"

Another tidbit: in this state the power button does not work, however soft reset does work.

Edited by Yo Mama, 06 April 2010 - 08:01 PM.

lioryte

lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910/ Droid Incredible
  • Twitter:@lioryte
Not sure why my fix isn't working. I'm working on a V3 build 23551 which will be the final version for this project. I'll update when it's ready.

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

More titanium weather icons HERE|||WQVGA only themes HERE||| CTheme Changer HERE|||

If you like my stuff you can Donate

lioryte

lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
OK,

First, I just wanna thank all who have d/l this ROM. I don't have the time to see why the patch ain't workin' and so I just made a V3. Unfortunately, since I obviously can't provide any quality support for lack of time, this will be the last update. I couldn't recognize a timebomb here and so you can use this one for as long as you want.

This is based on build 23551, which is a COM5 build, I've been using it with my base for a while now and it's as stable as they come (I use the omnia for business)

This is COM5 and so you get the threaded email and mobile office 2010 build in. I kept the help files, marketplace and myphone cooked in along with tellme.

I think/hope/wish that whomever use this release will be satisfied. everything seems to work as it should. If not...Sorry. If time provide I will update but I wouldn't hold my breath :P

Thanks again

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

More titanium weather icons HERE|||WQVGA only themes HERE||| CTheme Changer HERE|||

Yo Mama

Yo Mama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you Lioryte.

I have 6 friends currently using the V2 build, and I'm trying to avoid having to assist them in flashing to V3 (because some of them are far away).

So today I tried to create a patched shell32.exe. I don't know where to get a stock shell32.exe, so I used smaury's osKitchen data files for 23518, then used patched shell v1.01 to patch the S000 file, and then used recmod to create the shell32.exe. Unfortunately I got the same result... a non-working phone. So it looks like V3 for me.

On a side note:
I imagine some users will ask how to remove the V.3 logo in the lower right corner. Your 'Lioryte logodown' cab file removes the stock wording but not the V.3. I know how to remove it from the registry but I'm not sure how to create a cab file for everyone to use... yet.

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Thank you Lioryte.

I have 6 friends currently using the V2 build, and I'm trying to avoid having to assist them in flashing to V3 (because some of them are far away).

So today I tried to create a patched shell32.exe. I don't know where to get a stock shell32.exe, so I used smaury's osKitchen data files for 23518, then used patched shell v1.01 to patch the S000 file, and then used recmod to create the shell32.exe. Unfortunately I got the same result... a non-working phone. So it looks like V3 for me.
On a side note:
I imagine some users will ask how to remove the V.3 logo in the lower right corner. Your 'Lioryte logodown' cab file removes the stock wording but not the V.3. I know how to remove it from the registry but I'm not sure how to create a cab file for everyone to use... yet.

if you want to share the reg entries, i could create a cab for you.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones that are worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Posted Image

Yo Mama

Yo Mama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

if you want to share the reg entries, i could create a cab for you.

Here's how they would appear in _setup.xml

<characteristic type="FileOperation" />
<characteristic type="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\DeviceBeta">
  <parm name="Expiry" value="" datatype="string" />
  <parm name="Today" value="" datatype="string" />
</characteristic>

I tried using CeRegEditor to convert the .reg to .cab but it didn't create the _setup.xml exactly the way I wanted it to be. Kevster what do you use to create cab files (of just registry entries)?

Edited by Yo Mama, 08 April 2010 - 04:12 PM.

lhun

lhun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910
Can anyone confirm if this works on telus?

I searched the forum and read that most of this is VZ stuff.

Does anyone know? Switching some data around to make it telus capable can't be that hard :P (I envision doing a byte verify comparison on the two base 6.1 roms and applying the same changes to both?)

please?

Our rom sucks.

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
There was a thread that Adrenalyne emphasizes that anyone on Tellus or Bell should NOT flash their Omnia with a custom Verizon ROM, warning that it will most likely brick the phone.

As I'm not on one of those networks I know not what the problem was, or if it still exists. Just wanted to point it out to you in case you didn't see it.

Can anyone confirm if this works on telus?

I searched the forum and read that most of this is VZ stuff.

Does anyone know? Switching some data around to make it telus capable can't be that hard :P (I envision doing a byte verify comparison on the two base 6.1 roms and applying the same changes to both?)

please?

Our rom sucks.

Edited by robertjm, 10 April 2010 - 03:54 AM.

HTC Thunderbolt with SynergyROM Nighties
Samsung Omnia i910 with thekevster's M2D WM 6.5 ROM v3 DC22/23563 (retired)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Fujitsu AH531 laptop (home)
Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin 64bit desktop (home)
rooted Barnes & Noble Nook Color

rtimi28

rtimi28

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia i910
Now that there is a DC22 firmware could someone please build an omnialite b7300 rom for us. Sorry we aren't programmers like you. I do however believe people would love it greatly. thanks,

Randy7628

Randy7628

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia schi910
Lioryte, this was a great rom for CF03! I had to flash to DC22, and I'm a little edgy about flashing a CF03 Rom on top of DC22. I really wish you and/or Wozzer had time to cook up this exact same rom for DC22. Thank you for all your hard work on this. If I could figure out how, and had time to do it, I would cook up roms, and they would probably be very similar to this one. Thanks again guys. Great Work!

Update
Well, I got over my edginess. I went ahead and reflashed my phone with this ROM. Yeah I know, you risk bricking your phone, and the polar ice caps melting, and 2012 being the end of the world, but I really like this rom. It works flawlessly - although I do not recommend this because of the above mentioned gloom and doom. So, thanks again guys!

Edited by Randy7628, 05 May 2010 - 02:28 AM.

preachriley

preachriley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:i910
I know it's been awhile, I just flashed this rom, and I really like it. But like another person posted, I can not find the wifi. There is an wifi icon, but it only gives tun on phone/BT. Not wifi. I don't see anything in which you can search for spots, or add new/hidden.

Thnx

lioryte

lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
Sorry guys, support for this one has been/ is limited- nI just don't have the time! I'll cook a new one if I have time (unlikely). Sorry

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

stromam

stromam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I am having a heck of a time downloading that file. I have tried about 10 times and the download never completes. Can someone please confirm that the file is downloadable so I know if its me or the file. Thanks.

lioryte

lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

I am having a heck of a time downloading that file. I have tried about 10 times and the download never completes. Can someone please confirm that the file is downloadable so I know if its me or the file. Thanks.

Confirmed working

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

stromam

stromam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I just flashed this to my DC22 phone, worked perfectly, seems to be working but still needs a few days of testing.

Alex_UA

Alex_UA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:i910/i710/SE750i
Guys,

anybody using this ROM - please tell if fm radio & alarm works ok. Missing radio as alarm from the stock ROM.
Thanks in advance for reply!

clange50

clange50

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Those of you that flashed on top of dc22, any long term issues? is the main memory still 100mb?

I went to dc22 last night but all the roms ive tried have some kind of deal breaker. i love the larger main memory on the new roms, but i'm thinking about flashing this one again.

Edit: Went back to this same day, no problems yet.

Edited by clange50, 21 November 2010 - 07:10 PM.

james3mg

james3mg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
As a first-time unofficial rom flasher, I've gotta say, I love this rom! It's exactly what I was looking for, and it even helped my battery life! I've been running it since Friday (it's Monday now), and I couldn't be happier. Seems most of the complaints I read in this thread have been addressed, and the only problem I ran into was not being able to get to the keyboard once I answer a phone call (which was a problem with my Google Voice configuration).

Thank you!

Edited by james3mg, 24 January 2011 - 06:10 PM.

Randy7628

Randy7628

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia schi910
Well. I did it again. I did the most recent Samsung update to DF14 and decided to find a new ROM. Of course I started with Lioryte's most recent work, and although it was good, I just missed this ROM so much that I just reflashed it over the newest update. Even though my ROM version says CF03, my Modem Version DF14 (the important part of the DF14 update in my opinion). I appears to be working great so far. I will keep it going and testing it again to see how well it does and if there are any issues. I will also check to see if the FM Radio is working right and will work with alarms. Once again, thank you Wozzer and Lioryte for such an awesome ROM. I will be flashing this to two more omnias this week for family members who love my phone enough they bought them off of ebay.

updated:
To answer the somewhat dated question "Does the radio work?" Yes and very well. It will not allow me to use it as an alarm though. Other than that, this ROM is still kicking butt. I use my Omnia for a lot of business related ventures, so it has always been critical to have a stable ROM. This one has done the trick for me again. Almost 24hrs and not a single hiccup. Again, thanks guys.

Now I guess it's time for me to start playing with Android. Not for me though, but for family members who have already had complains about their Android phones. Wish me luck!

Edited by Randy7628, 14 February 2011 - 09:18 PM.

danielnorman

danielnorman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:omnia i910
This seems to be a great rom, but the V.3 is still there after installing cab to remove it. are there any other cabs to try?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users