BGP100 bluetooth gamepad "driver" - free :)

Guest bitbank

Guest bitbank

I just recently got my Touch Pro 2 and find it very difficult to play games without a d-pad, so I've been looking into wireless controller solutions. I had an old BGP100 bluetooth gamepad sitting in my drawer, so I decided to give it a try on the TP2 with my smartgear program. It works decently, so now I'm on a quest to add support for all bluetooth controllers to WM. I've just uploaded a sample app which allows you to use your BGP100 with ANY windows mobile device and any game software. It's a WM EXE (no installer yet), just copy to your device and run it. Here are the instructions:

1) Pair your device with the BGP100

2) Enable the SPP (serial port protocol and pick a serial port)

3) For older Pocket PCs, note the "outbound" COM port number

4) Run BGP100

5) Select File->Configure and select the COM port (or BTC port) which connects to the BGP100

6) You're done

I've ordered a Zeemote and will try to add support as soon as I receive it and I'll be investigating supporting the PS3 and other standard bluetooth controllers.

Larry B.

bgp100.zip

Edited by bitbank

Guest jfagundes04
I just recently got my Touch Pro 2 and find it very difficult to play games without a d-pad, so I've been looking into wireless controller solutions. I had an old BGP100 bluetooth gamepad sitting in my drawer, so I decided to give it a try on the TP2 with my smartgear program. It works decently, so now I'm on a quest to add support for all bluetooth controllers to WM. I've just uploaded a sample app which allows you to use your BGP100 with ANY windows mobile device and any game software. It's a WM EXE (no installer yet), just copy to your device and run it. Here are the instructions:

1) Pair your device with the BGP100

2) Enable the SPP (serial port protocol and pick a serial port)

3) For older Pocket PCs, note the "outbound" COM port number

4) Run BGP100

5) Select File->Configure and select the COM port (or BTC port) which connects to the BGP100

6) You're done

I've ordered a Zeemote and will try to add support as soon as I receive it and I'll be investigating supporting the PS3 and other standard bluetooth controllers.

Larry B.

thank you for your hard work, it seems up TP2 users are closer to emulating with the bgp100.....I have the MSI BGP100 and can't get it to work....my problem is with step 4, when I check the box to activate game pad, i get "error #3 insufficiant memory" have not been able to get by this step.....

anyone else have this probelm and maybe solved it?

Guest bitbank
thank you for your hard work, it seems up TP2 users are closer to emulating with the bgp100.....I have the MSI BGP100 and can't get it to work....my problem is with step 4, when I check the box to activate game pad, i get "error #3 insufficiant memory" have not been able to get by this step.....

anyone else have this probelm and maybe solved it?

Where are you getting this error? In my program? What check box are you referring to? There are no check boxes in my app.

L.B.

Guest bitbank

I just updated the code to automatically detect the COM port for the BGP100 (based on the manufacturer code in the BT MAC address). Seems to work well. Please give it a try.

L.B.

www.bitbanksoftware.com/bgp100.zip

Guest jfagundes04
I just updated the code to automatically detect the COM port for the BGP100 (based on the manufacturer code in the BT MAC address). Seems to work well. Please give it a try.

L.B.

im getting the error in the activate gamepad....not in your program at all. When I try to activate the gamepad from the gamepad app that comes with the bgp100, I can not activate it........was typing this as i tried your new program....

it works! dont need to activate the gamepad from its program......Im playing rampage with my BGP100 on my touchpro2 with smartgear, what a wonderful thing......thank you so much for your work, was begining to think I wasted my money and time buying one of these gampads.

• 1 month later...
Guest NobodyKnowsNothing

L.B.

Thank you very much for the great work. The gamepad is finally working with my TP2. a couple of things to work on though. I can't seem to close your app easy i have to go into the task manager and close it there. It would also be great if we could just minimize the application

JC

Edited by NobodyKnowsNothing

• 1 month later...
Guest bitbank
Thank you very much for the great work. The gamepad is finally working with my TP2. a couple of things to work on though. I can't seem to close your app easy i have to go into the task manager and close it there. It would also be great if we could just minimize the application

JC

For those of you following this thread, I've recently finished adding support for wireless controllers in SmartGear. You can now drive the GUI from the controller and the output is usable in other applications. Please take a look at the latest documentation and download the beta:

www.bitbanksoftware.com/SG_Help.html

www.bitbanksoftware.com/SG_Beta.html

L.B.

Guest Calmiche

So, your software is the closest I've come to making my BGP100 game pad work on my Verizon Touch Pro 2.

As it stands, it works perfectly... for a couple minutes. It works for about 2-5 minutes before loosing connection. It keeps popping up the "Bluetooth Serial Port" over and over again, asking me to reconnect. I have to exit all open programs and then restart bluetooth and then the BGP100 program. Then do it all over again in 2-5 minutes.

Full text of the Serial Port dialogue:
------------------------------------------------------------------

Bluetooth Serial Port
-------------
Please select a serial port connection shortcut to connect

Add...
Gamepad (SPP slave)
Select Cancel[/codebox]

When I select the gamepad, it goes away and then pops up in about 10 seconds.

If I forget to turn on bluetooth, before running your software, it pops up the "Unable to connect to bluetooth device" over and over and over again at about 1/2 second intervals, making so I can't shut down the software, turn on bluetooth, or even exit. I actually have to hit the reset button to get out of the loop.

So... any suggestions on making the connection not time out, or make the bluetooth connection work more reliably?

Guest bitbank
So, your software is the closest I've come to making my BGP100 game pad work on my Verizon Touch Pro 2.

As it stands, it works perfectly... for a couple minutes. It works for about 2-5 minutes before loosing connection. It keeps popping up the "Bluetooth Serial Port" over and over again, asking me to reconnect. I have to exit all open programs and then restart bluetooth and then the BGP100 program. Then do it all over again in 2-5 minutes.

Full text of the Serial Port dialogue:

Bluetooth Serial Port
-------------
Please select a serial port connection shortcut to connect

Add...
Gamepad (SPP slave)
Select Cancel[/codebox]

When I select the gamepad, it goes away and then pops up in about 10 seconds.

If I forget to turn on bluetooth, before running your software, it pops up the "Unable to connect to bluetooth device" over and over and over again at about 1/2 second intervals, making so I can't shut down the software, turn on bluetooth, or even exit. I actually have to hit the reset button to get out of the loop.

So... any suggestions on making the connection not time out, or make the bluetooth connection work more reliably?

You've hit upon the main annoyance of using the Widcomm bluetooth stack. I have encountered this as well. I'll change the logic to try 2 times to connect and then stop until you explicitly ask it to connect again.

BTW - the disconnect after a few minutes seems to be a "feature" of the BGP100. If you leave it idle for a couple of minutes it will disconnect and power down. I've seen it disconnect when I'm using it and that appears to be a low battery behavior, but overall, the device is low quality and not 100% stable :).

L.B.

Edited by bitbank

• 2 weeks later...
Guest riccardo1981

Hello guys, I have a HTC HD2 I used to date the Black Panther driver to connect the gamepad but I find that this driver has a lot of lag ...... then I tried other drivers but this does not seem to work on HD2. The first version that allows you to choose the com port once the connection is established with the gamepad leaves me always pushed the left button ..... the second version of the driver does not even paired with the pad ...

Someone tried it on HD2 and can 'help me?

Thanks to all

P.s: sorry my English :rolleyes:

Guest Calmiche

Well Bitbank, I appreciate the assistance.

It's good to know it's just me being stupid and not my phone and gamepad breaking down.

After all that, I got the drivers working correctly. I can even get a couple of games to play, sort of.

The main reason I wanted it was for SNES emulation. Unfortunately, there seems to be some major problems with all the emulators for my Touch Pro 2, so I'm giving up for now. Morphgear won't assign keys correctly and SmartGear doesn't actually support SNES games.

Ah well, it was worth a shot.