need some help

Guest noobieocer

Guest noobieocer

hi, i purchased a tmobile g2 preflashed with puals custom rom from ebay. now the problem is this came with a sd card and i installed alot of applications, and i purchased a class6 8gb to upgrade it with. but when i changed it i didnt know some of the applications files are stored in the flash and therefore all my applications dont work and i need to force close all of them when i started it up.

is there anyway to fix this?

if i do a nandriod backup where will this be saved? in flash?

where is the restore image (where u get to flash new roms and do nandriod backup) stored in the phones memorey or in the sd card?

i asking the last 2 questions becuase i will like to put a update image in the new sd card and flash the phone again to get a fresh start.

1) Yeah. What you have is an apps2sd partition on the stock card. If you want to copy them all to a new card, I believe (not certain) that you can use a linux machine to copy the files from the old card's ext3 partition to a folder, then put them back onto the new card after partitioning it.

Or, a better method for you I just thought of:

a) Get adb (android debug bridge) set up on your PC. Plenty of info about that on forums. Basically, get the usb driver for debugging (part of the SDK), and the adb binary (exe file), which is also part of the Android SDK. Run

adb devices
and see if the phone's serial number appears. Once it does, adb is set up. :) Type the command
adb pull /data/app/ C:\Users\Username\Desktop\AppBackup
and wait for the apps to copy across. Now run the command
adb pull /data/app-private/ C:\Users\Username\Desktop\App-PrivateBackup
and this will copy any left-over protected apps. c) Boot into patched recovery (turn on phone with back key held down) with the NEW SD card you want to use inserted. Choose the option to partition it, and if asked, choose an option giving you an EXT3 partition and a FAT32 partition. d) Reboot the phone into normal mode, and connect back to USB for adb. Use the command
 adb push C:\Users\Username\Desktop\AppBackup  /data/app/
and then
 adb push C:\Users\Username\Desktop\App-PrivateBackup /data/app-private/

That should be all your apps now onto the new SD Card.

2) A Nandroid backup is saved to the SD Card that is in the phone at the time. It goes to the folder nandroid on the card

3) The recovery image is stored inside the phone's internal memory.

HTH