Post your Desktop!!

Guest Joshuah

Guest Joshuah

There's 2 ways to do this:

With root

1) Download the Screenshot application (free).

2) Open the application, give it su permission, and once the text comes up, close it.

3) Press and hold the camera button for a second at the home screen. The camera application will pop up after a second with a Toast that tells you where the screenshot is saved.

Without root

1) Install the Android SDK

2) Enable USB debugging on your device

3) Run DDMS from the tools directory

4) Select your phone from the list

5) Go in the menu, select Device, and then Screen capture. Whalah.

devicegk.png

Guest black beard
What's your weather widget and more importantly... is it accurate for Oz ?

It looks like the stock weather app / widget that comes with the AAP_CSL rom (GlobalWeather.apk), but only 3 homescreens - so can't be standard CSL rom. Will post mine shortly - just in the process of moving all my stuff onto my new 16gb microSD.

Guest Andy__P
Here is mine with home++

I'd like to use home++ but all the home replacements have the problem that the icon grid is larger than on the stock screen.

The stock one has 5 rows and all replacements i tried have only 4. That really bugs me

Guest drigerott

was the same for me but i just tried home++......fantastic

I'd like to use home++ but all the home replacements have the problem that the icon grid is larger than on the stock screen.

The stock one has 5 rows and all replacements i tried have only 4. That really bugs me

Guest chingy1788
Chingy what is that Clock/Weather-widget? Looks sharp.

Beautiful Widgets by LevelUp Studio

Costs $1

Comes with a smaller 4x1 version and some toggle widgets

why do many people use the gmail app?

I spent a few hours researching and testing this and the web-based gmail mobile site seemed to be better supported & developed by google - with many more features.

why are you guys using the simple gmail app?

or is the gmail icon just a link to your browser gmail page?

Guest chingy1788

I spent a few hours researching and testing this and the web-based gmail mobile site seemed to be better supported & developed by google - with many more features.

because its simple XD

Guest black beard

For me it's the gmail app..... to be honest didn't know there was a web-based, mobile specific alternative - but I can't see myself making the switch anyway. I very rarely send or reply to emails on the phone - I just like to know when I get a new one, and be able to read it on the go, so the "push" support of the app is perfect for me, as soon as an email hits my inbox, phone vibrates and lets out a little tune, and I know about it. I'd assume with the web based - you'd need to open the browser to see if you have new mail...... or do you still use the app so you get the notifications, and just launch the browser version to read / reply / compose etc? If it's the former - no thanks.

Guest chingy1788
For me it's the gmail app..... to be honest didn't know there was a web-based, mobile specific alternative - but I can't see myself making the switch anyway. I very rarely send or reply to emails on the phone - I just like to know when I get a new one, and be able to read it on the go, so the "push" support of the app is perfect for me, as soon as an email hits my inbox, phone vibrates and lets out a little tune, and I know about it. I'd assume with the web based - you'd need to open the browser to see if you have new mail...... or do you still use the app so you get the notifications, and just launch the browser version to read / reply / compose etc? If it's the former - no thanks.

same with me

so you get the notifications, and just launch the browser version to read / reply / compose etc?

needs more effort to launch the browser

I see a notification (a buzz), like just now actually

then press the power button, menu, then swipe down to have a look at who has emailed me

click on the notification to bring it up for me to read

opening the browser just takes longer

hey blackbeard :)

yep .. i think you should check it out.

i didnt really touch my phone except set-up the gmail webpage as my home page .. so i see a flash of new mail, I just go to my home page and hit the browser icon and I have an awesome gmail web app. (way better than the dodgy gmail native app thingy). loads just as quick as the gmail app.

same with me

needs more effort to launch the browser

I see a notification (a buzz), like just now actually

then press the power button, menu, then swipe down to have a look at who has emailed me

click on the notification to bring it up for me to read

opening the browser just takes longer

not really sure about longer?!!?

everything above is ok except rather than hitting the notification, you hit your browser link to read the email. so that is one or two extra clicks - maybe a 2 second addition, but the benefit is a well supported google product with huge functionality. The native app is very basic and no faster than the browser app.

not really sure about longer?!!?

everything above is ok except rather than hitting the notification, you hit your browser link to read the email. so that is one or two extra clicks - maybe a 2 second addition, but the benefit is a well supported google product with huge functionality. The native app is very basic and no faster than the browser app.

Hard to stick to topic?

Guest neferym
In keeping with the theme of screen shots showing the weather in Aussie locations:

snap20100109163552.png

A few days old - but still current.

MCR 1.2

what is the name of your home plz ? :)

thx!