XDA Developers may support non-htc devices

Guest Medved77

Guest Medved77

xda-developers have said that they are considering supporting non HTC phones (i.e. TG01) in their forums.

Modaco has been a wealth of invaluable information to me however it's well known that the majority of the cooks reside at xda-developers therefore, in theory, the greater the chance of us receiving the customs roms that we have held out so long for.

The mods have asked people to vote for which non HTC devices they would like to see included and I encourage you to do so to for the future development of this phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=616206

Guest xdalover
xda-developers have said that they are considering supporting non HTC phones (i.e. TG01) in their forums.

Modaco has been a wealth of invaluable information to me however it's well known that the majority of the cooks reside at xda-developers therefore, in theory, the greater the chance of us receiving the customs roms that we have held out so long for.

The mods have asked people to vote for which non HTC devices they would like to see included and I encourage you to do so to for the future development of this phone.

Great News

I've already voted for TG01 (My nickname there is Pere)

......I know this site since my first WinMo device (loved XDA BlueAngel...) After that I replaced it with an XDA Flame, and, to my surprise, this device was really fired from this forum despite its name (Xda).... when discovered that it was not made by HTC.... [Fortunately this Exodus was the origin of xdaflameusers.com]

And now, being the owner of a fabulous (IMHO) Toshiba TG01, I vote for it!....

Cheers progress.gifedit.gif

Edited by xdalover

Guest SteveYorks

Added my vote.

Must say though, with SPB Shell installed and Core player been as good as it is, I'm not sure what other goodies I'll be wanting on mine.

Guest adzman808
Added my vote.

Must say though, with SPB Shell installed and Core player been as good as it is, I'm not sure what other goodies I'll be wanting on mine.

+1 on that... i have a hd2 as my work phone (locked down with w@nk corp mail push software) & although the physical quality of the handset easy bests the TG you really do get a lot more apps on the TG

ok the HD2 came with twitter & facebook, but the TG came with coreplayer !!

Guest computerbar

I have voted Toshiba TG01 too..

In UK the price is now about £150 which I am sure the most reasonable price for this kind of samrtphone.. hence alot of people have bought it and will be looking for info to pimp their Toshiba TG01..

Well at least I got one.. :)

Guest kevinpwhite

Good spot Medved77 - I've added my 5-pennyworth in favour of the TG01

Regards,

Kevin

added my vote.

Did you read: "...and Acer have said they will release the kernel source within this month!" ?

I cant really understand how Toshiba is so reluctant to promote their phones.

Guest adzman808

well currently its betwen the tg01 & the acer liquid....

but the community there seem to hate google & the members think a lot of the liquid votes are bogus, so fingers crossed...

well currently its betwen the tg01 & the acer liquid....

but the community there seem to hate google & the members think a lot of the liquid votes are bogus, so fingers crossed...

Yeah, I really hope the Toshiba TG01 gets a section, it will bring new life to the device.. It has huge potential for a device that only costs £150!!

Guest bagiabanmaybay
Well. find here my non official poll results up to now. WE ARE WINING! :) but be careful because ACER LIQUID fans are very organized :) . Good luck!

attachment.php?attachmentid=268708&stc=1&d=1263692766

Just give 1 vote for TG01, hope we can win

BTW, any idea how many phones to be chosen?

Guest die_Leuchte
Just give 1 vote for TG01, hope we can win

BTW, any idea how many phones to be chosen?

lol, the column with the years is cool. I think these are the years the voters joined xda-devs..

Guest Lestat.me

I've made a little count until post 512. I've counted every device mentioned in that post and the results are the following. :)

Stat01.jpg

Surely there are some errors, but Toshiba is winning even if we count the multiple votes made by xda users. :)

Edited by Lestat.me

I've made a little count until post 512. I've counted every device mentioned in that post and the results are the following. :)

Surely there are some errors, but Toshiba is winning even if we count the multiple votes made by xda users. :)

Thanks for ur time :),

Looking good, I hope we get a thread on there, hopefully the development will start :)

Guest xdalover
Hope that It'll be TG01. But Mods from XDA should focus on votes from users, which were registered earlier than others.

I think that even discriminating the votes from new registered (only-for-this, I mean people joined o 2010) we are winning as well.

Fingers crossed!