Superboot is a boot.img that when flashed, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash the system partition, no need to use ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just flash the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!
APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Superboot - download (Mediafire Pro)
How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX
- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
- Your device should be at the normal 'home screen'
- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh'
A nod to benhaam for his pointer towards the bootloader command used in this superboot.
Finally, if you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, which also gives you early access to Beta ROM releases and the online ROM kitchens.