"Failed to save downloaded GPS data." error message

Guest GabbaGabbaHey

Guest GabbaGabbaHey

The internal GPS on the Toshiba TG01 allows you to download GPS data to help it get a faster initial fix - similar to QuickGPS on many HTC devices, I think. To use it, go to Start, then Settings, then System, then Internal GPS and click on Download.

It used to work for me - my last update was January 9th - but now I am getting an error message "Failed to save downloaded GPS data." If this message is accurate, then it sounds as if the phone is able to download the data, but is not able to save it.

Another user, Spooke, has tried this and was able to download the data, so it sounds like it is an issue with my phone rather than whatever server the data come from.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Or even how it all works, so that I could have an attempt at fixing it? Any help appreciated ...

The internal GPS on the Toshiba TG01 allows you to download GPS data to help it get a faster initial fix - similar to QuickGPS on many HTC devices, I think. To use it, go to Start, then Settings, then System, then Internal GPS and click on Download.

It used to work for me - my last update was January 9th - but now I am getting an error message "Failed to save downloaded GPS data." If this message is accurate, then it sounds as if the phone is able to download the data, but is not able to save it.

Another user, Spooke, has tried this and was able to download the data, so it sounds like it is an issue with my phone rather than whatever server the data come from.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Or even how it all works, so that I could have an attempt at fixing it? Any help appreciated ...

Hey, not sure if this would help but, back up ur data etc, hard reset you phone and try and download it without installing anything to Phone Memory?

Youve proberly tried this already though? :)

• 8 months later...
Guest GabbaGabbaHey

Just in case anybody else has been having this issue, the problem for me was GPSGATE. When it is running, I cannot download the GPS data. Once I switch it off (and, oddly, wait for a few minutes) I can then download the GPS data with no problems.

• 1 year later...

Just in case anybody else has been having this issue, the problem for me was GPSGATE. When it is running, I cannot download the GPS data. Once I switch it off (and, oddly, wait for a few minutes) I can then download the GPS data with no problems.

Topic revival as just had same problem, Toshiba G910 WM6.0. Was working adequately for years (often had to reboot to get GPS data, but then succeeded), stopped today with "failed to save". After a couple of reboots (with on/off switch and with stylus through hole), removed a program installed recently to send GPS locations as SMS, GPS_Location_v1.2beta3.cab. This program had worked OK, and hadn't interfered with GPS data update since I installed it 6 weeks ago, but today was unable to save GPS data whatever I did. Immediately after uninstalling this, GPS data saved fine. Tentative conclusion from GabbaGabbaHey's and my experience: try uninstalling recently added GPS software. HTH