46 replies to this topic

jms2367

jms2367

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900

Id reccomend you do use the csc too but you dont have to :D Its pretty safe to flash it. The only dangerous part is the eboot section. Things like the rom version name are held in the csc. Sometimes people put other stuff in too tho. I put my touch improvements into it :D

Thanks JC. :lol:

dongelefante

dongelefante

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung SGH-i900

Thanks sir.... I hope that our fellow omniacs :D ( specially those who are new to flashing) can read this topic before doing it. It can save their time and minimize the possibility of bricking their omnia...

This is my first post here....
In addition to safe flashing and worry free of bricking thier i900..
I buy a new hard disk to my existing desktop and installed XP OS...
Install the Active Sync, Samsung XP modem driver and correct ROM...

Note: Don't install any anti virus and off the firewall.

kanikamus

kanikamus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:omnia
Angel my Omnia i900 is bricked, only the light up red to on and off appears, nothing on the screen, what to do? The following happened: I was installing the rom Dhee I discovered that the notebook was not have the driver of samsung omnia installed and dont reboot, I dont now what to do. Technical assistance were told that the motherboard was burned and that the price would be almost a new omnia. Can you help me?
Thanks
kani

Edited by kanikamus, 09 March 2010 - 02:13 PM.

cheetah_ibr

cheetah_ibr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:htc diamond2
hi dear. very pleased to c ur topic. i have some problem while flashing my omnia rom. after doing some com port ......0 it showd download error on the updater and phone stops updating. panicaly i removed the cable. but it doesnt turn off only i have to pul out the bettry and then at inserting it again it turn on autamiticaly and becomes hangs at samsung omnia logo. now kindly please u can help me.. my email id is [email protected].

carlos_10111

carlos_10111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA I900

I just saw another person who had failed to flash his omnia because he did not install the samsung modem driver... X_X Please guys... take time to read the tips on the first post... so that we can avoid such situation...

Hello Angel, great guide, i'm sure you have saved alot of people with this guide. I want some help from you, i downloaded ock_GTX_23118 and ock_Premium_23118 by ock. My omnia version is:
PDA : JCIC1
PHONE : JCIC2

I live in South Africa and i want to flash my omnia.
I went through a lot of posts just to get the idea of what i'm getting my self into.
Can you please let me know these roms will work on my phone?
I also don't see to find where to download most of the tools you are talking about (.exe updater, Granprix), can you maybe show me links that are working so that i can download them.
I have been using SBP 3.5, i like it, but i really want to try these roms. the reason i installed it is because i hated the winmo 6.1! i still don't like the look!

Thanx in advance.

...angel...

...angel...

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Devices:i900 Omnia
Guys I'm so sorry. I can't update this topic nowadays because I'm busy reviewing for my board exam(5 months to go ;)). Anyway, I hope our friendly ROM chefs and enthusiasts can reply to the queries of our fellow omniacs here. Anyway, you can PM me on my FB account if you really need help.

BTW, thanks sir JC and others for your replies here. :(

Edited by ...angel..., 18 June 2010 - 01:37 PM.

ktomkow

ktomkow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:samsung i900
Hi Angel i followed Sectors instructions to the letter.

1.turned off phone by holding button for 5 secs
2.start updater
3.turn on phone!

but phone wouldnt turn on i pressed the soft reset button and got the omnia logo and updater discovered the phone. i then pressed start and got this

PDA Device Found!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PDA Device ready to download!
Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PDA 1 starts downloading...
Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!
Step 1. Eboot image Downloading
Downloading EBOOT...
EBOOT image downloaded.
PDA Reboot to download Eboot twice!!!

but it has now hanged! any ideas? seems like i know have a brick for a phone!

suggestions for sorting would be appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users