• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

zycamaniac

zycamaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid
For details on flashing, please refer to the post on using Acer Download Tool, but one thing you must know is that you will have to install Acer's driver from their support site, it comes in 32 and 64 bit version to suit whichever OS that you are currently using now.

Umka

Umka

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900 > Acer Liquid
Hello Zycamaniac,

Could you please post a link to the post on using Acer Download Tool ?

I have tried everything I could think of, but as I told before, Acer Download Tool gives errors either "Phone not in OS mode" or "Server Connection failed". Of course I am using USB driver from Acer;s support website.

thank you

Japan, Softbank: Omnia i900 > Htc Hero > Acer Liquid
ホスティング専用サーバー

Umka

Umka

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900 > Acer Liquid
No idea why but today Acer Download Tool finally worked and I was able to flash the ROM and Recovery image. Now looking for a nice new ROM to flash. B) :D

However, no idea how this was solved. Probably problem with drivers not setup by windows properly. The only thing I can think of to suggest to other having similar problems - is to reinstall ACER drivers from their support website several times until it works :)

Thanks everyone for advise.

Japan, Softbank: Omnia i900 > Htc Hero > Acer Liquid
ホスティング専用サーバー

Nova2.1

Nova2.1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Acer A1 Liquid
....Simple answer

Lincoins recovery image only works with factory EMEA devices.. OR after you use Acer tools to completely flash your system to an EMEA rom..
something to do with the Acer tool actually flashing an restricted/unpatitioned part of the rom that contains the config for booting and hardware key combinations
(i dont actually belive that, seeing as i havent seen any proof.. we would have modded it already..)

the recovery images will not work on factory AAP, CSL or FET devices untill you do a full flash or similar process
this was the case with both of my liquids ( a CSL and a FET )

Its not documented anywhere, but its been said a couple of places, Google it..

And Acer's tool is a bit sketchy with the googles dev drivers its only picks up the device 2/10 trys
Using acers drivers will increase your chances alot.

Edited by Nova2.1, 04 March 2010 - 05:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users