I got Google Voice Navigation on Nexus 1 :)

Guest Dayzee

On my milestone, there was a workaround to get The Voice Nav that they have in the US Droid onto my milestone - you needed to install the Google Maps from the Droid and the Text To Speech app.

I've just tried it on my Nexus and it works. I personally don't like it over copilot, but it does work (as well as it did on milestone, tho I've no idea if that is how it works in the US) The text to voice thing is weird and unnatural, but working just fine. Glitchy but feel free to have a mess - the thread to get it on your Milestone is here - same instructions work on Nexus.

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1145433

I see they've just got milestone root over there LOL Just as I jump ship :)

Dayzee

Got this working a few days ago and it's working pretty well here in Australia.. A good heads up for anyone who's not in the know :)

Edited by huey-t

Also installed the Multimedia Dock interface from Droid/Milestone. You need an app called DockRunner to get it to work without docking though - nice little bedside clock type gadget :)

EDIT

Now got this working by downloading a version I found on ipmart forum (3.3.1 - link here). I can confirm this works in UK with Nexus One unrooted; totally standard from Google US.

Followed instruction and installed the modded app but it did not work on my Nexus One, I get the error "Navigation to your destination is unavailable". Is this because there is no street view data available in my area? Does this mean it only works where Street View works?!

Edited by Iggy82

Also installed the Multimedia Dock interface from Droid/Milestone. You need an app called DockRunner to get it to work without docking though - nice little bedside clock type gadget :)

the clock itself on the Nexus is great as a bedside clock and has a super dim mode to stop you being woken up.

If only it turned the key lights off too !

the clock itself on the Nexus is great as a bedside clock and has a super dim mode to stop you being woken up.

I agree - I actually prefer it over the Motorola Milestone/Droid version. I don't mind the key lights, cos I can at least see the keys to press if I for whatever reason wake up in the middle of the night :)

Download Softbuttons Hack from the market! It works a treat, it annoyed me watching a full film on the Nexus One with the buttons still lit up!

Guest thelucster
Download Softbuttons Hack from the market! It works a treat, it annoyed me watching a full film on the Nexus One with the buttons still lit up!

Sweet! Is there something similar to automatically enable silent mode when plugged in?

Guest Shuflie
Sweet! Is there something similar to automatically enable silent mode when plugged in?

Look for locale beta in the marketplace. Allows you to set phone conditions (such as ringtone, volume screen brightness etc.) depending on certain triggers such as battery level, charging or not, time etc. Very useful program.

strangeness, I couldn't get Navigation to work using the rooted version, but could with the non root, no 'next road' and the voice is a little sketchy but its a start.