UMA on Hero - Yes or No

Guest PhonePersona

Guest PhonePersona

Is there anyway to enable UMA on the Hero?

I've heard that this requires dedicated hardware, but then I've also heard that isn't the case and only a specific set of configuration changes need to be made.

So does anyone know for certain?

Thanks.

I've heard that this requires dedicated hardware, but then I've also heard that isn't the case and only a specific set of configuration changes need to be made.

Thanks.

this article list only a few devices... if i had to guess i would say no to uma on the hero, but that is really just a guess.

Guest UManDroid

Thanks.

Check out this press release from Kineto: http://www.kineto.com/press_releases/kinet...Fi_Solution.php, looks like they are developing a UMA application for smartphones … maybe Android support is coming?

Smartphone UMA client

• 11 months later...
Guest buttonsandzips
Check out this press release from Kineto: http://www.kineto.com/press_releases/kinet...Fi_Solution.php, looks like they are developing a UMA application for smartphones … maybe Android support is coming?

Smartphone UMA client

It already exists on T-Mobile in the US and the UK LG Optimus One on Orange has Kineto installed and working on Orange UK for wifi UMA calling.

The T-Mobile one has been ported to the N1 but nothing has happened on the Orange version. I have an unpacked ROM of the Orange Optimus One if anyone is interested. I tried just pushing the Kineto apk to my desire but it FCs on loading.