HTC Bravo for Orange UK

Guest shaggyguitarist

Guest shaggyguitarist

Mods, please move this if its in the wrong place.

Im on my last 3 months of my orange contract. I have been using HTC Touch Diamond and I was keen to get the drools flowing over some newer models.

My main requirements are Win6.5, built in GPS for my new hobby Geocaching. I had looked at the HTC HD2 which has the digital compass built in too, but on searching on the Orange website they don't stock it at all. the closest device to the spec of the HD2 is the Toshiba TG01 which looks like a good alternative, with a bit of tweaking of the browser and UI.

When I spoke to Orange I asked about what phones are due to be released over the next few months, to see if its worth waiting till the end of my contract and get a better (maybe even WinMo 7) device.

He looked up his list and told me about the HTC Bravo which is due for release in late March. Ive searched the HTC site and cant see any reference to it.

Does anyone have any info on this phone, maybe another name for the device, or the specs of it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest edteamslr
which has the digital compass built in too

I don't want GPS, what I want is a DIGITAL COMPASS! Sorry, I know that was off thread but man that makes me laugh that manufacturers even bother...

• 2 months later...
Guest roscoe141
Mods, please move this if its in the wrong place.

Im on my last 3 months of my orange contract. I have been using HTC Touch Diamond and I was keen to get the drools flowing over some newer models.

My main requirements are Win6.5, built in GPS for my new hobby Geocaching. I had looked at the HTC HD2 which has the digital compass built in too, but on searching on the Orange website they don't stock it at all. the closest device to the spec of the HD2 is the Toshiba TG01 which looks like a good alternative, with a bit of tweaking of the browser and UI.

When I spoke to Orange I asked about what phones are due to be released over the next few months, to see if its worth waiting till the end of my contract and get a better (maybe even WinMo 7) device.

He looked up his list and told me about the HTC Bravo which is due for release in late March. Ive searched the HTC site and cant see any reference to it.

Does anyone have any info on this phone, maybe another name for the device, or the specs of it.

Seems like the Bravo is just another name for the Desire. It's still not on the Orange site but is available if you phone them up.