[Theme] SHKvBLK for MCR ROMs: 11/02/2010

Guest shokka9

Guest shokka9

I accept NO responsibility for any damage caused to your handset before, during and after updating it with these THEMEs. Using custom THEMEs has risks attached to it, and can be dangerous. Proceed with caution.

Description

Basically I have taken Kos's theme and made it more of a black/grey theme. I have gone deeper into the OS and replaced most of the green stuff with black/grey etc.

There are also bits from themes found at xda for other Android devices. Ended up doing a lot more than what i should of really :D

There is still a bit of green left and most of it is where it makes sense to have it (some check boxes, indicators etc).

WORKS ON MoDaCo MCR3.1 & 3.2 Beta's ROM.

Fixed or should i say replaced, the lock screen for a different one . Hopefully that is it :)

MetaMorph Version

>>> GET IT FROM HERE <<<

This theme is purely for people who like black/dark themes. Please don't write bad feedback or that it isn't to your taste, as i won't change it or provide reasons for my choices :) .

Use the attached Wallpaper for use in SenseUI. In Android it is already default :)

Big thanks to Kos for base theme, tristan for inspiration :) & all the CREATORS & ORIGINATORS of anything that may of been theirs in some form!!... (u know who u are :))

Enjoy.

KEEP A LOOK OUT.

post-428798-1265844708_thumb.jpg

post-428798-1265847052_thumb.png

post-428798-1265847095_thumb.png

post-428798-1265933912_thumb.png

Edited by shokka9

Guest shokka9

Details!

Metamorph file size is just over 5mb, so i have achieved a smallish footprint of this theme.

Modifications

Rework of Android UI

Customised Keypad dialler

Status Bar Icons from HelloMoto

Over 40 apk's have been modified in some way

Changed the Screen Lock pattern icons

Lots of stuff i cant think of.......

*I have only modified the apk's i am currently using on my ROM build (3.2 Beta 5; very LITE version)

Basically i have edited a lot of stuff, changed a lot stuff and borrowed a lot of stuff :) To make this theme, i like it, now...

And am gonna be making a LITE ROM, based on MCR builds and also a ASOP build based on one of those builds...with this type of theme built in.

:)

FYI

Your Home screens will be reset, i cant do this yet (put them like i want), but in future i will be able to, just need to open the xmls with hextool..will be same result with the update.zip too.

I have used Beautiful Home here in my screen shots for my Home....i just wanted to show you a comparison of HTC vs Android (not much difference)

The Battery Widget is BatteryLife

The Settings Widgets are Beautiful Widgets

The News Widget is News Buzz

I did the Google search bar in the Android UI too :)

I am ultimately NOT responsible for anything that occurs from use of the provided theme. Use at your own risk and hopefully enjoy it.

Edited by shokka9

Guest shokka9

How To Install Metamorph Theme

Always BACKUP your Hero (Nandroid or whatever you use)

For best INSTALL RESULTS, Re-install current ROM fully, let it install, set up, then reboot when finished...

Then either....

see below for options....

Metamorph Version

1. Download the Metamorph application from the Market

2. Download AndExplorer application from the Market

The above are required, Metamorph uses AndExplorer to search your device for themes

3. Download then copy the .zip theme from this thread, to your SD card to a location you know of.

4. Open Metamorph, and select 'Pick Theme' after it checks your device :)

5. Select the theme from its location, then Install All (Apply All).

6. It will extract the theme, and a progress bar is now shown in Metamorph as it extracts the theme.

7. It will then install each apk one at a time... it will take some minutes...and some more....:).

When it asks to force close an app, please do so.

** I recommend keeping the phone awake during the installation to ensure it installs as quick as possible **

8. When it asks to REBOOT, it probably won't (even in newest Metamorph version), so just manually reboot by turning device off and then on again.

RESULT

If you already run other themes in some form or another, the best install method above will benefit you most :)

Edited by shokka9

Guest shokka9

well, i think you will probably be the only one :)

This will be an ongoing project as it will be eventually worked into my ROM releases also.

Laters

Guest paulosman
well, i think you will probably be the only one :)

This will be an ongoing project as it will be eventually worked into my ROM releases also.

Laters

I use Black-Eclair 1.4 with a few of my own modifications and I'm very interested to see what you've come up with shokka9.

no chance of a slightly earlier teaser screenshot? go oooon...... you wanna :)

Guest shokka9

sorry, i dont want to let stuff out the bag....

But if you can imagine that most of the green selection bars are gone, etc etc..

I am trying to keep it as much as standard as possible, yet more to my tastes.

I like black themes, so this will represent that. I just have a few tweaks to do, as i have uncovered some more green bits..

I think i will need to add some more apk's to Kos's theme, as i got everything covered from his theme.

Patience is a virtue (shame i cant wait either!!)

Thanks for the interest!

Guest Master_Ne0

@shokka9 are you using deodexed jar's and apk's? I'm looking for a stock deodexed rom, give me shout if you know where one is. It will save me the time of doing it myself.

Cheers,

Ne0

Guest shokka9
@shokka9 are you using deodexed jar's and apk's? I'm looking for a stock deodexed rom, give me shout if you know where one is. It will save me the time of doing it myself.

Cheers,

Ne0

Well.....

i started using Kos's theme (just unzip it), most of the stuff is in there...

But i need to look in some apk's later to find the suspects that i need to edit.

Unfortuantely, i dont know where to get deodexed jars from. (seen your post at Xda-devs too) :)

Guest Master_Ne0

Cheers, i'm fairly new to rom cooking and theme edits. Found a deodexed system for the N1 and hoped there was one for the Hero floating about. Looks like its going to be quicker to do it myself, thanks for the quick reply.

Guest shokka9
Can't wait to see the black theme :)

It's not going to be ground breaking, but it will be a full theme, throughout as many Standard apps and OS screens as possible.

I have found a couple things i have missed (not in Kos's theme) so i have to look in the apk's. But its houldnt be a problem.

The screens will up before the download, depends on how long it takes to upload.

Guest shokka9

Quick update.....

I am 99% finished, but i have combined forces with Kos (originator of the theme), i have uploaded it for him to look at.

If he is happy (he should be :)), then he will provide the update.zip. This particular modified theme has 50 something apk's to update, so its a bit of a long haul to update with Metamorph.

So, hopefully expect the theme tomorrow (probably evening GMT time)

I will put some sneak pics in the first post.

Laters peoples.

did you take the apks from mcr3.1 or another rom?

edit: and i am looking forward to the update.zip, never got the black eclair theme to work with metamorph on 3.1...

Edited by kendon

Guest tristan202

Just a quick wish. I don't know if you have included them, but wil the battery/wifi/bt icons from the elair taskbar be included? I think the rounded battery is much nicer than the square one.

Guest shokka9

@ tristan

Not thought of that. But its worth a look as the battery icon etc you talk about are so much nicer to look at.

Maybe a separate update as some people will prefer the standard look.

Appreciate the suggestions.

Guest shokka9
did you take the apks from mcr3.1 or another rom?

edit: and i am looking forward to the update.zip, never got the black eclair theme to work with metamorph on 3.1...

I used MCR 3.1 apk's.

Strange, metamorph works fine here (except for not rebooting). The thing is it takes too long really.

Update.zip is the way to do it.

Guest tristan202

@ shokka9

I just tried it myself. Took them from aosp_community_hero-jnwhiteh-r7, and put them in. Looks great. Just forgot the sync and download finished icons.

snap20100121_091658.png

edit: For some reason I can't find them. That bugs me.

Edited by tristan202

Guest werziluk

Im looking forward to this, Shokka where will the update zip be when its ready? This thread or Kos's thread?

I think tristians idea of the android top bar in black is great too :)

Edited by werziluk

Guest shokka9

@ Tristan

That looks COOL!!

Think i will look into that bro, for defo.

@ werziluk

Should be here (and maybe in Kos's too). Not had a reply from Kos yet.

Guest tristan202
@ Tristan

That looks COOL!!

Think i will look into that bro, for defo.

@ werziluk

Should be here (and maybe in Kos's too). Not had a reply from Kos yet.

I noticed when looking at my screenshot, that the '+' add button is off center. I have corrected it here at home, but you should fix that in your theme. I can provide the files if you want to save some time.

Guest shokka9
I noticed when looking at my screenshot, that the '+' add button is off center. I have corrected it here at home, but you should fix that in your theme. I can provide the files if you want to save some time.

Bro, if it helps, feel free. :)

I have spent approx 6 to 8 hours just editing images....so any time saved will help a great deal.

to be honest, i never actually noticed it was off centre, but now you have mentioned it, it is slightly out.

Thanks.

You can post here or pm me, and i will give you my email address.

Guest tristan202
Bro, if it helps, feel free. :)

I have spent approx 6 to 8 hours just editing images....so any time saved will help a great deal.

to be honest, i never actually noticed it was off centre, but now you have mentioned it, it is slightly out.

Thanks.

You can post here or pm me, and i will give you my email address.

Sent you a pm.

Guest shokka9

UPDATE:

KOS has the files and is working his magic....

So the theme is moving along nicely, but don't expect it today peoples. Good things come to those who wait :)

Thanks for your support!