[Theme] SHKvBLK for MCR ROMs: 11/02/2010

Guest shokka9

Guest tristan202

@ shokka9

A quickie. Where can I define the font color for the clock widget? I have changed the dial of the clock to be black both night and day, but during the

day the date typed in the dial is done in black. I need it to be in white like it is during the night.

Guest shokka9

@ Tristan....

Not 100% sure....but i think you need to look in the .xml's ( i dont know for sure, dont have time to look)... There may be a value in there that can be changed....If you find the 'NIGHT' data, then copy it and use as 'DAY' data, if possible :)

Straws, clutching....springs to mind.... :)

Without looking i cannot say, but i assume you have looked for images or smth and not found any??

Sorry :)

Guest tristan202
@ Tristan....

Not 100% sure....but i think you need to look in the .xml's ( i dont know for sure, dont have time to look)... There may be a value in there that can be changed....If you find the 'NIGHT' data, then copy it and use as 'DAY' data, if possible :)

Straws, clutching....springs to mind.... :)

Without looking i cannot say, but i assume you have looked for images or smth and not found any??

Sorry :)

I must try and look into the xml's. I found the am/pm images, but as you say, the date is not made up by images, it's dynamic text. Just hope I can figure out how to edit the xml's. They are not standard xml files.

UPDATE:

KOS has the files and is working his magic....

So the theme is moving along nicely, but don't expect it today peoples. Good things come to those who wait :)

Thanks for your support!

and when do we have to expect it?

Guest shokka9
I must try and look into the xml's. I found the am/pm images, but as you say, the date is not made up by images, it's dynamic text. Just hope I can figure out how to edit the xml's. They are not standard xml files.

I think they are standard xml, just formatted really bad to discourage you from looking and editing them.

Good luck.

Guest tristan202
I think they are standard xml, just formatted really bad to discourage you from looking and editing them.

Good luck.

After a bit of googling, I think I have found out something. I think I need the developertool Eclipse, with the Android SDK. At least that's whats used to create the Manifest, and that's the same format as the other xml's. Hopefully I can read them with that.

Guest shokka9

Update: I don't think Kos has the time to do this; so i am now doing it on my own.

I have made update.zip, just testing it and probably make some more edits before releasing anything.

I have added some new Taskbar icons too, will see what i think.

Been busy tonight, just gutted Kos didnt do anything with it. :)

Guest werziluk

Appreciate you sticking at it Shokka

Always been looking for an update.zip with rosie bottom bar, im hoping your going to have a vanilla android black top bar, am I right?

Also just want to say I thought those toggle widgets looked great in black but IMO the switch trigger looks better in green, not white.

Guest shokka9
Appreciate you sticking at it Shokka

Always been looking for an update.zip with rosie bottom bar, im hoping your going to have a vanilla android black top bar, am I right?

Also just want to say I thought those toggle widgets looked great in black but IMO the switch trigger looks better in green, not white.

It will have Black top bar, with AOSP taskbar icons, i prefer the white switch triggers, so i think it will stay :).

I also think, that i may release this theme in an actual ROM build.

Basically it will be Pauls 3.1 ROM, but with a lot of removals.....(footprints, twitter, etc etc)

LITE ROM with cooked in theme.

Guest werziluk

Shokka, if you are going to make it a ROM, will you be producing a version for 3.2 and future MCR's?

Is it not easier to provide an update.zip for theme files only? Pardon my ignorance/selfishness I am not sure how you go about making these updates. Im guessing you producing it as a whole ROM is easier...

Guest shokka9

i will provide both.

I will make them, as & when new ROMs come out....but i am just pushing my very limited knowledge at the moment.

Getting the theme to work fully is not as easy as you think. But i seem to have a working .zip now, so i just need to tweak it.

I am working on it again tonight (whilst watching the Manchester derby in the Carling Cup - neutral fan - i am a Liverpool fan)

Edited by shokka9

Guest shokka9

Kos was working on it last night.....

I am still working on it also.....

The main issue is, as i have edited like 50-60 apks, either way the update.zip or metamoprh file is quite big.

So we are looking at that. Also, this is like a trial run, so when we have this how we like it, we can edit afterwards with ease.

Thanks for the interest.

Guest shokka9

Kos had the theme (since last week, again) but nothing has happened.

I have a fully working Metamorph theme which i am streamlining to make the footprint as small as possible. It almost does what i want it to (icons from AOSP too). So all good.

I will finish this week for sure, then i will make the update.zip version too. But i think it is not needed once i have streamlined the metamorph version.

Sorry for the tease (delay) guys; but Kos-world seems to be having PC issues and i am just busy (i had my kids over the weekend and that doesnt give me any time at all to play grown ups :))

If i have time tonight, i might be able to post the metamorph of my final theme.

If anyone has any ideas (icons to use etc to add, then feel free to post stuff).

thanks for your patience!

Edited by shokka9

Guest shokka9

Well.....

Not that many people are waiting for it.... ;)

I have not been happy with what i have done, so i am reworking again....I have 'borrowed' some stuff from other themes on other devices.

I will post some screen shots tonight of my work so far.

I have made the Android launcher and Home very nice.

The HTC dialler has been modified further and the HTC keyboard....

Just working on each package at a time to ensure the work is upto standard.

Thanks

Guest sjoerdos92

Yeah me too, i am waiting for this theme for quite some time now. Now i have the black eclair theme, but i hate the blue bubbles that come up if you start an application and all the green stuff when you try to call; there are people waiting for this theme; i would like a 'real' black theme.