Vibrate problem - seems its broke.. :( Anyone else?

Guest Dayzee

I vaguely registered that my nexus didn't buzz on start up but didn't really think anything - yesterday I tried all settings but can't get vibrate any more on my handset. :)

Is this a Kernel thing or software based?

Could I have knocked it out with one of my ROMs or THEMES or something?

Dayz - won't notice it hugely but still a bummer :)

Guest Jonnyw2k

Do know much about andriod phones, but on older phones it used to be disabled whilst on charge. But as ROMs and stuff go could just be a corrupted vibrate driver.

Tried allsorts and so now I'm going to return - even though the bootloader has been unlocked.

Rang HTC support and told them the issue, in fact not sure I ever had any vibrate as I never recall it buzzing on start up etc. The support guy is treating it as DOA Hardware issue and says it will be replaced. I've been sent a returns label, and UPS are going to collect it monday.

At no point did the service guy ask about warranty or the bootloader, so I asked myself if it would matter that the bootloader was unlocked. He asked what I meant so I told him I had unlocked the bootloader - he said it wouldn't matter as its a hardware fault, as long as there was no 3rd Party software on the phone.

Will keep you all informed.

Dayz xx

Not in the UK, they will collect, check and send a replacement. Call centre is open Saturday mornings, hopefully they can arrange a pick-up for Monday:

http://www.htc.com/www/support/nexusone/

Dayzee...do HTC UK not offer the "Device swap" option listed here:- http://www.google.com/support/android/bin/...y?answer=166519

My phone is DOA, worked for about 5 minutes after powering up, after waiting for the light to go green too!

Guest LadFromWales

I am assuming, that given the phone has been in my home for less than 24 hours, that the entire box will be swapped out for a new one?

Having heard reports that they want just the phone sent back, I am unhappy with that, especially considering the fact that the problem with my phone could very well be related to the battery. Along with the fact that with only owning my phone since today, I'd like a brand new replacement. From experience, naked handsets with no accessories are refurbs, and it's clear from reading other boards that HTC have many of those! :)

If they won't agree to swap the lot I'll just get a refund I think, and try a bit later down the line when these issues disperse.

I am assuming, that given the phone has been in my home for less than 24 hours, that the entire box will be swapped out for a new one?

Having heard reports that they want just the phone sent back, I am unhappy with that, especially considering the fact that the problem with my phone could very well be related to the battery. Along with the fact that with only owning my phone since today, I'd like a brand new replacement. From experience, naked handsets with no accessories are refurbs, and it's clear from reading other boards that HTC have many of those! :)

If they won't agree to swap the lot I'll just get a refund I think, and try a bit later down the line when these issues disperse.

Just because they ask for the handset only doesn't mean you won't get a new unit boxed in return, each time I have returned a faulty handset the courier has taken the phone and battery from me and I have received a new unit fully boxed, so ended up with double accessories and box.

That said I haven't had to return to HTC before but the above applies with O2 and Orange!

Guest squirreleater

My touch HD was changed after I dropped it ( didn't tell them that!) It came brand new in a box just as I had it from the store. That was via Orange though.

My handset was just collected by UPS and scanned in for return. - I'll keep you updated on here.

I sent just the handset with no sim, battery, sdcard or back cover as instructed. (Very well wrapped of course!) Now I just have to wait and see.

Handset has full stock ROM/Recovery etc and is NOT rooted, but has obviously still got the unlocked bootloader. I'm hoping that because the fault is hardware, and present out the box that I'll be OK but its obviously not guaranteed.

Dayz xx

UK HTC sound like they are on the ball - I'm hoping its true.

Mine went in on Monday for failed Haptic response out the box - it was also Bootloader Unlocked. It arrived Tuesday at 11.20 and I got a mail confirming they'd received it around 4.30 yesterday. Got an email from HTC 11 ish today saying simply "Your device is being returned to you." My heart sank as it seemed to be saying what I feared, that they'd take one look, see the unlock, and send it back doing nothing. However, as I understand HTC terms, even if its out of warranty, they ring you to say that, then say how much it will cost to repair and ask if you agree to the charge or want it shippping back unrepaired.

So I called HTC - if your device is with them - keep on top constantly as they have always been very helpful for me. - Spoke to a guy called John and told him I was worried that the email meant I was getting my old device back after being told I'd get a DOA replacement. He checked up on the ticket, and told me there were two serial numbers listed, so it looked likely I was indeed getting a replacement, as that was what the ticket has always advised. He said it would likely be sent out today or tomorrow and should be with me by Friday. Again, there was no mention of the bootloader state. In fact the only time it came up was on my initial call and I had to mention it myself, to which the response (admitedly from someone who didn't really know what I meant by Unlocked Bootloader??) was to say that unless there was third party software ON THE DEVICE, this wouldn't be an issue.

I have JUST as i type this recieved a shipping email - it has a Serial number (not from my old device) and IMEI (not from my old device) so HURRAH i seem to have a replacement device. I've also been sent a tracking number for UPS

Will let you know the state of the replacement when it arrives - My original device had no screen clicks and no dust - just my luck I'll get a replacement with Dust and clicks LOL But hoping not xxx

Dayz - feeling optimistic xxx

Lots of Owners have screens that aren't sealed properly and when pressed they click - often in tandem with getting dust under the screens.

Mine didn't have clicks or dust, but some folks have had replacements that had dust or screen problems so I'm hoping mine is OK. Its now in transit and I should get it tomorrow

Dayz