HTC_IME.apk thats patched

Guest rico2k_uk

Guest rico2k_uk

Hey all,

I love running all the vanilla roms for the speed, but HATE the android keyboard! The HTC one was brilliantly made. Nothing compares! Especially the T9 keypad!

So, took ages, but here is a copy of a patched version that works with ASOP 1.5 vanilla. Not tried it on the 2.1 or 2.0, so if you try it, please do leave a comment to its sucess.

I cant take credit for patching it. Was done by bjb_nyj101 from android community (http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f41/htc-keyboard-on-mytouch-3g-22181/).

To get it to install, you can put it in the system/app folder. I have an apk installer on my pc which allows me to just install directly off the laptop and it put the file in the data/app directory (normal user app directory) and it works fine.

Hope it helps!

HTC_IME.rar

... works with ASOP 1.5 vanilla. Not tried it on the 2.1 or 2.0, so if you try it, please do leave a comment to its sucess...

Tried with AOSP 2.1-r2 and it doesn't seem to work. Results in an FC every time i select a field for text entry.

Edited by Guest

Guest pvillasuso
Hope it helps!

It works !!!!!! , thank you man :)

Instructions to follow after installation ( bjb_nyj101 ) :

Go to your home > Settings > Locale & text. Select 'Touch Input'.

Go to someplace where you input text, such as messaging. Long-press on the text input field, and select 'Input Method'. Select 'Touch Input'.

When you go to enter text, the HTC keyboard should now be in use.

Guest masterpfa
It works !!!!!! , thank you man :)

Instructions to follow after installation ( bjb_nyj101 ) :

Go to your home > Settings > Locale & text. Select 'Touch Input'.

Go to someplace where you input text, such as messaging. Long-press on the text input field, and select 'Input Method'. Select 'Touch Input'.

When you go to enter text, the HTC keyboard should now be in use.

Worked for me thanks, I used Astro File manager to install, got stuck until I saw your note to do the "Long Press"

B)

• 4 months later...
Guest catterick

For some reason this doesn't seem to work for me.

I'm running a 2.1 Vanilla ROM, downloaded the .apk, installed it via Astro and changed my input settings to Touch Input. However I get FC when I try to bring up the keyboard now.

I uninstalled, and tried again with a different APK file (older version of the HTC keyboard) and instead of a FC, the keyboard just doesn't appear at all.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Guest subhramani

I'm looking to use this keyboard with my AOSP 2.1 ROM as well. Would be really great if someone can get this to work with Vanilla Eclair ROMs.

Guest subhramani

I'm running Vanilla Eclair ROM by RaduG. And I installed the HTC_ime.apk as well as Clicker.apk. But I dont get the option to select the HTC keyboard. I only have the Android Keyboard option even after a reboot. Any suggestions?