• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Damiantmc

Damiantmc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Phones, (Currently at Tmobile in telford so if your due your upgrades or looking for the latest phones on new lines pop in and ask for Damian)<br /><br />Also keen with Photography
  • Devices:HD2! and a Bold 9700
Hey guys,

Just a quick one to let you guys know that HTC have posted a new ROM on there official support page for the HD2,

This ones dated 22-01-2010 and is version number: 1.66.707.1

Grab it from here,

HD2 Updates on HTC's support site

:)

Check out my photo's at Damiantmc.weebly.com. It's still a work in progress but it should get bigger soon

rameses

rameses

Kaiser Chief (not!)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3
Does this new ROM just bundle up the previous fixes or does it add anything new?

Goodbye WinMo! Hello Android :o - It's about time I updated this!

Damiantmc

Damiantmc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Phones, (Currently at Tmobile in telford so if your due your upgrades or looking for the latest phones on new lines pop in and ask for Damian)<br /><br />Also keen with Photography
  • Devices:HD2! and a Bold 9700

Does this new ROM just bundle up the previous fixes or does it add anything new?

hey, I'll be honest I only just got the phone the other day so I have no idea. I'm about to install one of the cooked roms so haven't really tested it either but I would presume it rolls in the other updates and I'm sure I read somewhere that it improves text messages again

Damian

Check out my photo's at Damiantmc.weebly.com. It's still a work in progress but it should get bigger soon

mick1475

mick1475

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Not available for me, and I'm running 1.48... from November. The sms bug is a source of great irritation for me.

candymut

candymut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2

hey, I'll be honest I only just got the phone the other day so I have no idea. I'm about to install one of the cooked Roms so haven't really tested it either but I would presume it rolls in the other updates and I'm sure I read somewhere that it improves text messages again

Damian

Hello.

The HTC HD2 ROM update makes things a bit more smoother and a few tweaks BUT if your HTC HD2 is locked to a network like Vodafone etc the inputting of your serial number may not work as this ROM is for a generic version (Sim free).

They is a way around this though so you can ROM your HDC HD2 ,simply input another serial number and then you can download the new ROM.
I have seen this new ROM around on the net anyway and a few sites have it and i have been told this ROM works for the Omni .
Virgin mobile the supplier of my HTC HD2 say they will be an update for this phone to Windows 7 in a few months time .
I have no problems with text messages though as some report

The current updates from the HCT site are for the pink camera fix and this was noticed the first time i used the phone but as for the ROM update my phone came with the new updated ROM...but as like you i am now working out what .cab files are as i use to be a Nokia N97mini 9. something user so i am a bit lost .

Edited by candymut, 27 January 2010 - 07:04 PM.

Maxwell Newton

Maxwell Newton

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia - HTC HD2
which rom version should i be upgrading to and what serial can i use as mine is from o2? I dont want to accidentally download an updated from for the wrong country!
This is where i was going to download from, is this right?
http://www.htc.com/u...amp;news_id=500
Only got this out the box a couple of hours ago and already chasing higher numbers!

UPDATE: found a serial for the WWE version: HT9AZNW00968
Going to update now ;)

going to use this:
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=611433

To avoid using a gold card... whatever that is!

Edited by Maxwell Newton, 10 February 2010 - 06:00 PM.

john66

john66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:SPV M700, SPV C500
I got my HD2 yesterday and tried to install the latest rom but it said invalid vendor id.
Is there a way to get around this problem?
The phone is locked to T-mobile.

Maxwell Newton

Maxwell Newton

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia - HTC HD2

I got my HD2 yesterday and tried to install the latest rom but it said invalid vendor id.
Is there a way to get around this problem?
The phone is locked to T-mobile.

look at my post, i think the software from xda gets around this...

john66

john66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Thanks all sorted now.
The latest rom also sorted the crackling speaker problem that some have reported over at XDA.

Stu Kirk

Stu Kirk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:E650
Hi,

I am thinking of updating the ROM on my new HD2 as it does have the crackling speaker problem along with other little snags.

I have never done anything like this before so just wondering what the pro's/cons were as I read somewhere that it invalidates your warranty and also wipes the phone.

Many thanks

Kevlarski

Kevlarski

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Just for info the page quoted in this post is regional. I checked my device using this page and it said it wasn't for my device. When I went to the UK page it accepted my serial number and showed the following updates:
ROM Version:
Norway:1.66.409.1, Spain :1.66.412.1, Denmark:1.66.403.1, France :1.66.406.1,
Sweden:1.66.413.2, Italy:1.66.408.1, WWE:1.66.405.2
I think the 1.66 is the version and the rest of the numbers are regional/operator specific.
I have just got my phone from Virgin last weekend and it has ROM 1.66.405.2 (76641) WWE. Good to know I can update when a new one arrives as my last Diamond on Orange was locked and I couldn't get past 1.93 with it.

Hey guys,

Just a quick one to let you guys know that HTC have posted a new ROM on there official support page for the HD2,

This ones dated 22-01-2010 and is version number: 1.66.707.1

Grab it from here,

HD2 Updates on HTC's support site

:(

Virgin HD2 (1.66.405.2 WWE, Radio: 2.06.51.07)
Orange Touch Diamond (Official OrangeUK ROM: 1.93.405.1 WWE, Radio: 1.00.25.05)
Orange SPV M500, Orange SPV C500

john66

john66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Hi,

I am thinking of updating the ROM on my new HD2 as it does have the crackling speaker problem along with other little snags.

I have never done anything like this before so just wondering what the pro's/cons were as I read somewhere that it invalidates your warranty and also wipes the phone.

Many thanks

I rang t-mobile to ask if it would be ok to update the rom, rather than send it back and support said to do it.I wrote his name down and the time I rang.

If your phone is locked to a network you may find this helpfull over at xda
You may need a s/n to download from HTC if your's does not work. Try this one HT9AZNW00968

It's all very easy.

Stu Kirk

Stu Kirk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:E650
Thanks for the help.

I think I'll give it a go as the phone came from Carphone warehouse so not tied in to any provider, might solve a few of these niggling little issues.

Otherwise - fantastic phone, well happy with it.

MadSci

MadSci

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Which software?

Thanks

shaggyguitarist

shaggyguitarist

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:guitars youth work
  • Devices:SPV c600 Nokia 6680 SPV M3100
I am getting a new HD2 from carphone warehouse tomorrow.

Its on the orange network, and he said it was SIM free.

I have NEVER installed a new ROM on any of my HTC phones and am almost nervous even thinking about doing it. Im a complete newbie in ROMs.

Should I install the latest ROM, and where is the best place to find it?

andybarker

andybarker

Diehard

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Devices:S4, Transformer Infinity, N7
I would only recommend flashing a new ROM if you have a need to, rather than because you can.

I've flashed ROMs for previous phones where I felt it worthwhile. So far on the HD2, I have felt no need to update it.

Some people want more speed, more apps, different apps, etc. and some are happy with what comes with the phone.

tsutton

tsutton

Need answers? Use the search feature. :)

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S2/HD2 (Andriod)
  • Twitter:@tony_sutton

I am getting a new HD2 from carphone warehouse tomorrow.
Should I install the latest ROM, and where is the best place to find it?

You might will find that it's already on the latest version assuming CWP get a regular stock delivery from HTC.

- Tony Sutton
- My Ford Focus ST170 car | My Car's Dashcam Video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users